Quick question? Ask here!

On 8/25/2020 at 10:18 AM, SFNL14 said:

Were Mike and Chester's part in Rock And Roll (Could Never Hip Hop Like This) Part 2 recorded specifically for this song? Or were they separate songs incorporated into this one? This sounds more like a medley.

Mike's rap verse incorporates parts of Vivaldi's Four Seasons just like the majority of the rest of the track does, so that was almost definitely recorded specifically for the song.

Chester's section (which Mike plays guitar and does the "breathe, breathe" backing vocals on) certainly sounds like it's basically an unfinished Linkin Park demo. It's the only part of the song that doesn't use anything from Four Seasons.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

16 minutes ago, cryingpunk said:

Did LP ever perform DBS songs? For example Mike would throw in Fort Minor verses into their set but did Chester get to do the same?

DBS played on some LP shows during the encore but neither Chester or the band did a verse on the set if im not mistaken

https://lplive.net/shows/2009/20090730

Edited by Diaux

On 8/27/2020 at 1:32 AM, Astat said:

Mike's rap verse incorporates parts of Vivaldi's Four Seasons just like the majority of the rest of the track does, so that was almost definitely recorded specifically for the song.

Chester's section (which Mike plays guitar and does the "breathe, breathe" backing vocals on) certainly sounds like it's basically an unfinished Linkin Park demo. It's the only part of the song that doesn't use anything from Four Seasons.

Never knew this. Great info. Added it to the Linkinpedia page.

Hey guys,

I'm currently in the market for my own copy of the 2001 hybrid theory ep. And there seem to be a lot of fakes out there. I keep consulting the guide on lpcatalog to spot the bootlegs.

Now, I have found two reasonable offers, however each of the cds has something off about them:

1. One has a different jewel case than the one shown on lpcatalog (on reddit there's a picture of a supposedly real copy with that different jewel case, but I guess it's a fake as well?)  EDIT: added link to reddit:

2. The second one has perfect packaging, however the cd matrix reads, roughly: "mix media entertainment copyright 1999 blah blah" instead of the usual run out numbers. 

Am I correct in assuming that those two things indicate that the cd is a fake?

I would really like to hear the opinion of someone more experienced than I am.

Edited by JediAHoles
added a link to reddit

3 hours ago, PurpleFlinstoneVitamins92 said:

Maybe I’m the 10000th person asking, but do the chipmunks voices on NCSM actually say something? I hear something like “oh my de-demons”

They're not saying anything. The answer is here.

"What are you using on that unique manipulated vocal featured throughout the song?

That’s one of my favorite sounds on the album. It was one of our scratch vocal tracks which we cut up and made the melody out of. There’s some basic low-pass filtering here with the Waves Linear Phase EQ, a little distortion, and a reverb with very short decay time. The filter is opened up in different sections, to make those sections feel bigger."

8 minutes ago, Justin said:

They're not saying anything. The answer is here.

"What are you using on that unique manipulated vocal featured throughout the song?

That’s one of my favorite sounds on the album. It was one of our scratch vocal tracks which we cut up and made the melody out of. There’s some basic low-pass filtering here with the Waves Linear Phase EQ, a little distortion, and a reverb with very short decay time. The filter is opened up in different sections, to make those sections feel bigger."

Oh thank you. Love those vocals 

23 hours ago, JediAHoles said:

Hey guys,

I'm currently in the market for my own copy of the 2001 hybrid theory ep. And there seem to be a lot of fakes out there. I keep consulting the guide on lpcatalog to spot the bootlegs.

Now, I have found two reasonable offers, however each of the cds has something off about them:

1. One has a different jewel case than the one shown on lpcatalog (on reddit there's a picture of a supposedly real copy with that different jewel case, but I guess it's a fake as well?)  EDIT: added link to reddit:

2. The second one has perfect packaging, however the cd matrix reads, roughly: "mix media entertainment copyright 1999 blah blah" instead of the usual run out numbers. 

Am I correct in assuming that those two things indicate that the cd is a fake?

I would really like to hear the opinion of someone more experienced than I am.

The second one is fake for sure. I wouldn't necessarily write the other one off based on slight jewel case variations, just because those things break so often people are bound to have replaced them (I think about one out of every 10 CDs in my collection has at least had the front half of the jewel case replaced, easy to break the hinges). It's also not unheard of for LPU merch to swap manufacturers in the middle of a run either, so they may have had a different jewel case supplier at some point.

Does anyone rembember that one random moment around 2011-2013 about a video where Mike was in front of a laptop either doing an LPU chat or else, joking about the name of the upcoming album at the time? Either for LT or THP.

Edited by KlaytonShinoda

I’m not sure about that song specifically, but I’m pretty sure that was still during their “no cursing on official releases” time period. I don’t think there were any uncensored curse words on official LP releases, live or otherwise, before Collision Course and then MTM.

I could be wrong, though.

Edited by Justin

2 hours ago, Justin said:

I’m not sure about that song specifically, but I’m pretty sure that was still during their “no cursing on official releases” time period. I don’t think there were any uncensored curse words on official LP releases, live or otherwise, before Collision Course and then MTM.

I could be wrong, though.

High Voltage on LPU 2.0 is UNcensored. It was an odd exception.

Haha I totally misread the original question as saying “High Voltage on LPU 2 is censored”.

That definitely is an odd exception. I wonder if it could have just been an oversight before the album went to print. 

Edited by Justin

On 8/27/2020 at 8:24 AM, rd1994 said:

Anybody have a clue what the transition from Don't Stay to Somewhere I Belong is? It almost sounds like a clip from a countdown or something

I’m fairly certain it’s sampled from something by the band X-Japan - I can’t really comment on exactly what as it’s been many, many years since I last listened, but I’ll try to figure it out.