Rick Rubin Producing Next LP Album

Geki

Rick Rubin has confirmed to Billboard.com that he is indeed producing the next Linkin Park album. This is his third album in a row after Minutes To Midnight and A Thousand Suns. Previously, Don Gilmore had produced two albums in a row - Hybrid Theory and Meteora so Rick producing three in a row for LP is a record for the band. Read the full scoop here.

What do you think? I'm pretty stoked, I like Rick and it sounds like this album is being completed a lot faster than previous albums like MTM and ATS.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rubin is prob one of the best producers out there atm. And the fact that hes letting LP do what their doing, then Im all for him working with them again. We will get NEW music, not repeats of the past ;)

It's just awful. of course I like it MTM & ATS.

but I had hoped that Mike will producing 5th album LP.

Rick Rubin has produced couple of LP albums MTM and ATS I think that's enough.

I'll very upset if Rick will be produce 5th album by LP. :(

very well happen that Rick will be back (with Mike Shinoda) co-produced next child LP: D

At the moment I do not see a better producer than for the LP than Rubin.

THIS!

Yes Rick is the producer, but we all know Mike is going to be Co-producer in someway. So Give both a 50-50 shot with the album. Im still looking at a very late 2012-Early 2013 Release date.

I was surprised when I heard he was doing ATS and I'm even more surprised to hear he's doing the new album. I thought Mike would entirely produce it like he did for Collision Course but I guess the band wants that third party opinion lol.

They said they'd had about 2 months on it so far then and they're a lot further on than ATS or MTM was at this stage as it sounds like they have lots of leftover material from ATS - will be interesting to see what they do with these. Obviously they say they want to evolve but this could turn into a second sort of double album like HT and Meteora. Not necessarily a bad thing long as they don't have another song like Robot Boy lol! And going by what they say I reckon next June at a push they may have it out. Though knowing LP because they're ahead of themselves they'll overthink it even more than usual :/

They said they'd had about 2 months on it so far then and they're a lot further on than ATS or MTM was at this stage as it sounds like they have lots of leftover material from ATS - will be interesting to see what they do with these. Obviously they say they want to evolve but this could turn into a second sort of double album like HT and Meteora. Not necessarily a bad thing long as they don't have another song like Robot Boy lol! And going by what they say I reckon next June at a push they may have it out. Though knowing LP because they're ahead of themselves they'll overthink it even more than usual :/

if thats the case then i want LP too Pull-Off a Guns N Roses, And Release a Double Album! Just like Use Your Illusion 1&2. The 1st album can be a Brand New album & then the 2nd album can be New but really there old demos from ATS.

Overall does anybody think we could ever get a 2CD Double-Album from LP??? =)

I was hoping they'd work with Brendan O'Brien this go around and if they were looking to make a heavy album than with Johnny K.

Rubin is a great producer with a long resume and has had a strong hand in helping LP evolve. RHCP have been working with Rubin since Blood, Sugar, Sex Magik and while he haven't changed them dramatically, he's helped them produce some great records.

It seems like some people here are thinking that the producer is saying what type of music lp have to create. Linkin Park would also do that different stuff if they would go with another producer. Even if they're working with don gilmore there wouldn't be a new HT as a product.

Rick Rubin isn't doing the music, Don Gilmore isn't doing the music, Linkin Park is doing the music and that's the point. So how can you complain about a producer if you don't like the new sound? That seems not that elaborated to me...