Rick Rubin Producing Next LP Album

Geki

Another thing that also pissed me off is how much they are talking about war and fucking religion now. Why? Either way, writing about religion or war is going to offend people, so what's the point? LP has never talked about the fairy tale legend 'God' before, so why are they suddenly? Chester is suddenly a Christian who prays all the time and wears a cross now? Wtf? This is not the LP I once knew and loved. I already hate the direction they are taking. Ever since 2011 has started, LP has been straying away from me.

Have you been paying attention to the events that have been going on around the globe for, oh I don't know, how about since the beginning of recorded history? War and Religion are two things that are almost a constant source of debate or topics for discussion. Yes it offends people but it also serves a purpose of making people stand the fuck up and fight for what they think is right. What do you think ATS was meant to accomplish? It was supposed to be a catalyst, forgive the pun, to light a fire and to make you stop and hopefully do something to make even a small change in the world around you. It drew heavily on historical quotes from some of the major events in the last century of American History for a reason. Those who forget history are condemned to repeat it.

So what if Chester found faith and religion? Most former drug addicts turn to God in their attempts to redeem themselves. If that's what he needed to do to find peace for himself then more power to him. Just because you don't believe doesn't make it into a fairy tale or any thing else. Its his life, not yours.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd love to chime in on one very ignorant post a couple of pages back, but I believe the staff and moderators of this site have been very informative (and correct) in their rebuttals. I agree with pretty much everything they have said. Pretty obvious why these guys run this site :)

i love all the albums. ATS is very different and good. But in the next album i would hope for at least 12 songs not 9. And there to be a little more rock/scream in their only because there last 2 albums havent sold that well and there first album sold the most in the decade.

Also the survey they put out makes me wonder if they mite change 'a little' to how the fans want it as well as there personal direction.

i like the short songs like the reqium but 9 full length songs after a 3+ yr wait is a little annoying.

LP are my fav band out there and i will continue to support them and buy there albums/merch that stuff.

i love all the albums. ATS is very different and good. But in the next album i would hope for at least 12 songs not 9. And there to be a little more rock/scream in their only because there last 2 albums havent sold that well and there first album sold the most in the decade.

Also the survey they put out makes me wonder if they mite change 'a little' to how the fans want it as well as there personal direction.

i like the short songs like the reqium but 9 full length songs after a 3+ yr wait is a little annoying.

LP are my fav band out there and i will continue to support them and buy there albums/merch that stuff.

Why should we care about album sales? The band doesn't so why should you?

Edited by bLePn

I'd love to chime in on one very ignorant post a couple of pages back, but I believe the staff and moderators of this site have been very informative (and correct) in their rebuttals. I agree with pretty much everything they have said. Pretty obvious why these guys run this site :)

Thanks. and I lol'd at the part in bold, particularly the part I underlined.

honestly i somewhat agree and disagree at the same time, yes i want more rock /screaming and at least 12 full length tracks (hopefully more like 14). But also i disagree becuase the band doesnt care (That much) about sells. Yes the want to sell albums but tbh the wouldnt change their music just for sales

• 1 month later...

how bout we stop trying to tell them what to write and let them write THEIR OWN DAMN MUSIC!!! Its not your music. Its theres. its the same thing with movies, books, and video games as well as anything else creative. Its not yours so you dont have the right to judge it. Its THEIRS.

I'd like to make a comparison here.

Don Gilmore = michael bay

Rick Rubin = Christopher nolan.

one is very good at making movies that make you think.

the other is good at making things that are flashy and have no real meaning.

some people like one and some people like the other. but again why should they have to listen to you for the music THEY want to make. If you dont like it fine, YOU dont have to listen to it, do you really think it affects them that much?

Its music THEY love, its music THEY WANT to make. So shut up, stop bickering and wait because whatever they make is going to be good in its own way. I personally love MTM as all of the albums but ATS has started to grow on me.

Just like a persons music taste changes an artists kind of music they create changes. Artists Grow up, they dont stay kids. They are gonna write music that is meaningful to them....and present it in a way that most people can relate too.

/rant

i agree that having an open minded and music genius as a producer is a good idea if he lets a band do their own thing and help them make the music they want. It just worries me that if it is indeed true that LP is making the music they want, that it's rather bland and boring. Sure ATS has some great moments, but overall it made me think of another (above average it must be said) mainstream pop/rock album lacking any real creativity and originality.