I Have LPU8

demoncarnotaur

You're making no sense.

You misinterpreted.

that doesn't mean we shouldn't have standards

Since when is it "our" cd? It's LP's. WE buy if we want to. They can do what they want with it, record what they want, and listen to us or not. Why the hell would they allign THEIR release to OUR standards? What ONE fan wants is ENTIRELY different from what ANOTHER fan wants. Some people are loving this cd!

And you don't even know if they actually recorded it for the fanclub. They could of recorded it as part of the MTM sessions. They could of just recorded it on the side for fun. Don't be so sure of yourself.

That wasn't my point. My point was that they gave these SPECIFICALLY to the fanclub. These songs won't be and aren't b-sides on a single, they won't be in anyone's DSP, they aren't from a live show, etc. That's the first time this is true of a LPU cd other than HTEP. And now THAT'S not even true because of SftU. THESE songs are unique to the LPU. who cares if they're silly? If YOU don't like them, that sucks, but you can't tell a band that their release that THEY chose isn't good enough. They weren't trying to make a serious EP.

I'm so shocked how seriously this has divided the community hahaha. :P

Edited by McArt

• Replies 535
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, he had his point. You are calling me a liar and there is no need for it. He and his staff clearly said that this CD would be unlike anything they have done in the past. Therefore, we can assume that b-sides, demo's etc. was out of the question. It's just the truth. We assumed it would be this great MtM demo album and everyone is pissed that it wasn't. Why can't we just laugh and enjoy the membership?

Here's the direct quote. Oh by the way, you were clearly making things up.

Mike: No, the leftover live songs won't be the new LPU CD. We heard your comments about the last LPU CD needing to have more unique material, so we're trying to do that. I think this year's LPU CD will be one of the best ever. At the very least, it'll be the most unique. Here's what it won't be: live tracks, new unreleased Linkin Park album music. (insert frantic guessing game here).

Ok...I've listened to 26 Letters and No Laundry. If you wanna hear my opinion, it's so fucking bad that it's good. Like, it's funny. It sounds like, and very well could of been, put together in like a day. But, it's still funny to me. They did something new and ridiculous, and I don't have a problem with it. It's not too much of a big deal. I'll buy this CD, get a good laugh out of it, renew my LPU membership so that I can still get tickets early and M&G chances, and chat it up with other LP fans. After that, wait patiently for the next LP album, which is sure to be nothing short than awesome. I mean, these guys joke all the time, and they just thought it'd be funny to do a short CD of silly shit. I really don't like the fact that Mike had to apologize to everyone. I truly feel sorry for him and the rest of the band right now, but now they might feel like if they ever do something different again all their fans will hate it and leave them, which I've seen from reading some of these posts. Well, just my 2 cents.

Agreed 100% This was meant to be fun. It's been blown way out of proportion. We're still getting a new album soon and it'll still be amazing music from Linkin Park.

Edited by Xero21

Mike: No, the leftover live songs won't be the new LPU CD. We heard your comments about the last LPU CD needing to have more unique material, so we're trying to do that. I think this year's LPU CD will be one of the best ever. At the very least, it'll be the most unique. Here's what it won't be: live tracks, new unreleased Linkin Park album music. (insert frantic guessing game here).

EDITED: I just give up on you guys. Edited by rav0k

This release is absolute genius and one of the biggest statements the band has made to date, because not only does it expose the flaws of the 'fan' community and attitudes of the current LPU membership but also it is a direct statement on the deep hole that is at the heart of humanity and the current climate we live in.

i.e Get over yourselfs!!

Yeah, but he said it wouldn't be anything they have done in the past. That's the key point. They have released b-sides in the past. That was out of the question, you guys are just missing that I guess. =/

No, we're not missing it. He did NOT say it wouldn't be b-sides/demos. Has LP ever released an LPU CD of solely b-sides or solely demos? No. It is VERY clear that his comment led a lot of people to think we would be getting those because I'm not the only one that thinks that way.

I'd rather have live summer European songs than this. I mean come on, stop bashing people that don't like it. If I was a member of another fan club for another band, I'd still be pissed that I got 11 minutes of bullshit instead of real music.

What are you trying to prove, as i sit here and read this, it confirms what this CD is... But thats prolly just my interpretation, and Mikes...

If you don't like it bro, thats your opinion, but remember that doesn't mean that you have to impose your will on other people. The staff already said to stop spamming the thread, you stated your peace, if you wanna discuss it with someone than take it to PM. Let other people say their opinions and respect them.

Lets move on shall we??

i dont want to sound like a mean person, but they guys were having fun, they did it for the fans, if it was live-you would be wanting to scream louder at everyone. i think its pretty good, it's funny, and I'm a jellyfish. please dont get pissed at me for saying this.

edit: its not an album, its an EP.

Edited by Jug Of Water

you guys are getting majorly wound up for no reason. waste of money this...Lp sucks that.

Yes the CD is pretty bad but it made me laugh. they had fun and mike had to appoligise to you so called 'Die Hard' Lp fans. its pathetic. some noob said he wants to snap and burn it. jeees.

its a bit of FUN. definiton of fun : A source of enjoyment, amusement. now im sure mike and the rest ENJOYED doing this CD and it certainly AMUSED me.

To be honest i was expecting something wacky and inventive.

you guys complain way to much. all these guys do is try and please the fans. there dedicated to the fans more than any band i know and you honestly think they would try and insult you.

Half of you couldnt make a better cd the MMM..Cookies anyway. just leave the boys to do what they want to do. half of you dont pay for the CD anyway. all you guys is want want want. for once show some respect.

if the album is anything like this (which i very much doubt) then you have a reason to complain, untill then stop your moaning and complain about something really shit. G and R chinese democracy for example.

So let me get this: You guys criticize them for making a comedic LPU cd and you criticized them for making a live LPU cd.

So lemme ask you: What do u want?

What is an LPU cd supposed to be: Same as a normal album?

No its supposed to be different. If they just released old M2M stuff, wats the difference between an album and an LPU cd?

An lpu cd is different and this is what it should be. It wouldn't be "exclusive fan material" if it was just like the album, would it?

So let me get this: You guys criticize them for making a comedic LPU cd and you criticized them for making a live LPU cd.

So lemme ask you: What do u want?

What is an LPU cd supposed to be: Same as a normal album?

Lol, first of all we want stuff we can listen to over again and not just a few times a get a couple of laughs about it. And I mean come on, you know Mike knew this was going to happen, because of the expecations of LPU8, and i really think he is shoving it in our faces just like i thought what they did with LPU7. I felt that since they knew we downloaded all of they DSP via torrents and stuff they would just give us stuff we already had because they were bugged about that. Now since we have been bitching about new stuff they go ok, lets give them some new stuff someone can make in under an hour. I love jokes and fun but paying money for this and even $80 for that super package is insane and an insult to fans. I really feel this CD holds no value and just a few laughs. If this free I would love it for what it is and get a few laughs and move on, but it is not and done at the wrong time.

I know many people like this, and don't get why people are so angry? And I would like it, but not for this CD and not at this point in LPU. I would have rather had half a M2M demo then this, sorry : /

Lol, first of all we want stuff we can listen to over again and not just a few times a get a couple of laughs about it. And I mean come on, you know Mike knew this was going to happen, because of the expecations of LPU8, and i really think he is shoving it in our faces just like i thought what they did with LPU7. I felt that since they knew we downloaded all of they DSP via torrents and stuff they would just give us stuff we already had because they were bugged about that. Now since we have been bitching about new stuff they go ok, lets give them some new stuff someone can make in under an hour. I love jokes and fun but paying money for this and even $80 for that super package is insane and an insult to fans. I really feel this CD holds no value and just a few laughs. If this free I would love it for what it is and get a few laughs and move on, but it is not and done at the wrong time.

I know many people like this, and don't get why people are so angry? And I would like it, but not for this CD and not at this point in LPU. I would have rather had half a M2M demo then this, sorry : /

Ok there's no way mike would do that, he's too nice of a guy and you don't pay $80 for the cd it's only worth about 6 or 7 dollars.

you guys are getting majorly wound up for no reason. waste of money this...Lp sucks that.

Yes the CD is pretty bad but it made me laugh. they had fun and mike had to appoligise to you so called 'Die Hard' Lp fans. its pathetic. some noob said he wants to snap and burn it. jeees.

its a bit of FUN. definiton of fun : A source of enjoyment, amusement. now im sure mike and the rest ENJOYED doing this CD and it certainly AMUSED me.

To be honest i was expecting something wacky and inventive.

you guys complain way to much. all these guys do is try and please the fans. there dedicated to the fans more than any band i know and you honestly think they would try and insult you.

Half of you couldnt make a better cd the MMM..Cookies anyway. just leave the boys to do what they want to do. half of you dont pay for the CD anyway. all you guys is want want want. for once show some respect.

if the album is anything like this (which i very much doubt) then you have a reason to complain, untill then stop your moaning and complain about something really shit. G and R chinese democracy for example.

you have summed up what i've said in one post compared to my multiple post. maybe some ppl will learn to respect what the guys do like you. if they did, then this forum would be alot better. i thank you ;)

Before saying anything, I do want to say that I really respect the band very much. However, I think this was an extremely poor choice on their part.

The problem is that people are always looking for Mike to dig up some demos and stuff that he either just does not have, or is not willing to release. But that isn't what this CD needed to be. The CD could have focused on something like, for example, the Leave Out All The Rest (M. Shinoda Remix) was only released on a Japanese CD that would cost about somewhere over $20 to import. As a member of the fan club, I would say that if that was on the CD - saving people from having to import a single for a large amount of money, I would be more than happy.

This could also be said for the other CD Singles, as they are now out of print and it's hard to get your hands on them. Couldn't a CD look something like this, for example?

"Papercut (Live BBC Radio Session), Leave Out All The Rest (M. Shinoda Remix), BUY_MYSELF (Marilyn Manson Remix), No Roads Left"

These are all tracks that are either out of print or extremely expensive to own in a physical form if you do not live in that respective country. I feel like this CD was a completely miss opportunity, with the jokes not being quite enough to really merit it's purchase (sorry guys, just not my brand of humor, I guess?). If the band felt the pressure to release a CD and didn't have anything, LPU 8 could have been designed in a different fashion. Gasp? No CD? Yes, if it would stop people from complaining. The package is expensive - so I remember when I first heard LPU 2.0's CD, I really felt like it was worth it - an exclusive CD with great tracks.

However, yeah, the CD sucks. But I'm not gonna loose much sleep over it.

No, we're not missing it. He did NOT say it wouldn't be b-sides/demos. Has LP ever released an LPU CD of solely b-sides or solely demos? No. It is VERY clear that his comment led a lot of people to think we would be getting those because I'm not the only one that thinks that way.

I'd rather have live summer European songs than this. I mean come on, stop bashing people that don't like it. If I was a member of another fan club for another band, I'd still be pissed that I got 11 minutes of bullshit instead of real music.

Actually it doesn't. You could say Mike lied. He said it won't new unreleased LP album material. Last I checked, the LPU CD was an LP album. The 11 minutes of garbage they gave us? Unreleased. And New.

Yep.

dude, if you're that obsessed with getting new music from lp then you need to just calm down. i mean it would be so awesome if we did get new music from lp, but i think it's pretty funny that they did this. just don't get to the point of calling mike shinoda a liar. that just pisses me off. mike said it would be "something different" and not new LP ALBUM MUSIC. when mike says new unreleased LP album material, i think he means material that they are working on for the ACTUAL new album, not an LPU CD. i don't think that linkin park would ever put something like that on an actual album release (and i think you know what i mean when i say "actual album").

now i will agree with you on one thing, it was kind of weird that it just happened like that. they probably should have warned us about it being a joke album. that might have been a better way of doing it because there were many fans, including me, hoping that it would be new material or b-sides/demos.

Im not an LPU member anymore, but I've heard a few of the LPU 8 tracks and I can't understand why people are complaining. I thought the tracks were hilarious, sure they aren't bsides, or remixes or anything special, but its still a good laugh.

I think its pathetic that mike felt the need to apologise to fans over the CD. The band decided to have a little light hearted fun, so what. The worst part is, the majority of people who are complaining probably aren't even paying LPU members. If I wanted to renew my membership, I'd have no complaints owning the LPU 8 cd.

I can understand why people feel disappointed of this CD. I was so shocked when I heard 3 songs this morning.

However, in my point of view, I think artists should be able to do whatever they want.

As for fans, it's quite simple. If you don't like it just don't buy it.

No one can force you to buy something you don't like...........

Stop complaining about the CD. Mike shouldn't apologize, you sould, for acting so naive about the fact that you didn't get new songs.

If you really want new songs, go and listen to something else than Linkin Park. LP will release new stuff when the time comes for new stuff.

Would you be happy if they released a CD with:

1: Somewhere I Belong (Milton Keynes)

2: Points of Authority (Milton Keynes)

3: Breaking the Habit (Toronto)

4: Papercut (Milton Keynes)

5: What I've Done (Distorted Remix)

6: Leave Out All The Rest (M. Shinoda remix)?

No.

You are never satisfied with anything that LP does, or would do, unless they are "teh so awsum M2M leftovars".

Again...100% true & totally agree

Did I have higher expectations for this CD? yes, after all the teasing of "O we have tons of leftover stuff from the M2M sessions and you could see them in the future"

But, I AM SICK OF PEOPLE SAYING, the people who hate LPU8 are the people that hated M2M from the beginning M2M. I mean come on. Why would people want demos from an album they didnt like? Doesn't make sense, so cut that.

I loved everything LP has done from day one and love M2M in every way. I am happy for some people that they actually like this garbage, that was put together in 1 hour and is not even remotely similar to any linkin park music. This really sucks because this is going to split the LPU community over some joke. Jokes are funny, but should be used under caution to the sensitivity of the situation. This was not the right situation for this joke.

I can't even take LP Serious right now. Time to listen to all the other good music out now, over LP.

Edited by KrwlngLP