The Catalyst Premieres

Nameless

I know you guys have already come up with the lyrics, but in case you got any part wrong, I wanted to make sure you all had the official lyrics. :)

God bless us every one

We’re a broken people living under loaded gun

And it can’t be outfought

It can’t be outdone

It can’t be outmatched

It can’t be outrun

No

And when I close my eyes tonight

To symphonies of blinding light

(God bless us every one / we’re a broken people living under loaded gun)

Oh / like memories in cold decay

Transmissions echoing away

Far from the world of you and I

Where oceans bleed into the sky

God save us every one

Will we burn inside the fires of a thousand suns

For the sins of our hand

The sins of our tongue

The sins of our father

The sins of our young

No

And when I close my eyes tonight

To symphonies of blinding light

(God save us every one / will we burn inside the fires of a thousand suns)

Oh / like memories in cold decay

Transmissions echoing away

Far from the world of you and I

Where oceans bleed into the sky

Lift me up

Let me go

• Replies 531
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guys whatever you say, I feel this album was something on a personal level, they wasn't trying to impress the fans as such, they were doing whatever felt right to them, and it seem to test them and take them to new creative ideas, aslong as this album feels like they enjoy it, then I shall enjoy it to.

And to everyone who thinks LPs 'magnum opus' years were the nu-metal era: Critically they were mixed and were mostly loved by teens and angry kids. That's why even today i get the "oh i liked their first album" thing. Thing is a lot of the kids who listened to HT went on to metal and now dislikes LP, so they hate Meteora and hate MTM simply because LP made it. Now obviously some of those kids who turned to metal stuck with LP and are now the ones who cry about the lack of guitar and screaming. Thing is apart from 2 songs on MTM there were no real head bangers there anyway so it was obvious that they were moving away from the loud, rough and screaming type of music. It's been coming for a while so stop being wishful thinkers and start living in reality and either embrace it or leave LP for good because i promise you they wont go back to their roots nor will they make another very heavy album.

there i said it

Edited by GraDoN

"The Catalyst" was a waste of $1.29 for me.

This will get lost in a sea of replies that say "epic", but the Shinoda/Rubin era is the worst period in Linkin Park's history to date.

To me, Linkin Park represent simple rock music. They'll tell anyone who will listen that they should be taken seriously and respected, because, hey, look, we've got Rick Rubin and don't talk about song meanings, but it's all a crock of shit. Power chords, solid drumming, scratching, rapping and screaming are what Linkin Park do best. Instead of trying to reinvent the wheel, they should stick to what they know and expand upon it. "Reanimation" made sense. "Meteora" was a logical follow-up. But when I tell people I'm a Linkin Park fan, and a member of the Underground and Street team since the beginning, I shudder at the thought of them accociating LP with the designer clothes fashion shoots, piano remixes, and rap-is-crap attitude the band adopted once Rubin came into the picture.

PS: It's not all hate. The second half of the song is amazing, even though it feels unfinished, much like the second half of "Little Things"

This. LP apologists can't stand people telling the truth.

Edited by spraypaintninkpens

And to everyone who thinks LPs 'magnum opus' years were the nu-metal era: Critically they were mixed and were mostly loved by teens and angry kids. That's why even today i get the "oh i liked their first album" thing. Thing is a lot of the kids who listened to HT went on to metal and now dislikes LP, so they hate Meteora and hate MTM simply because LP made it. Now obviously some of those kids who turned to metal stuck with LP and are now the ones who cry about the lack of guitar and screaming. Thing is apart from 2 songs on MTM there were no real head bangers there anyway so it was obvious that they were moving away from the load, rough and screaming type of music. It's been coming for a while so stop being wishful thinkers and start living in reality and either embrace it or leave LP for good because i promise you they wont go back to their roots nor will they make another very heavy album.

there i said it

wise words. wise words.

This. LP apologists can't stand people telling the truth.

i can give you a list of band who changed their sound COMPLETELY and were hated for it, and now years after those very changes that were despised are now applauded by fans and critics alike.

Here is what i think, i really dont want them to go to HT or meteora sound, i really dont. Dont get me wrong, i love them, Meteora, for me at least, its a perfect album, a master piece. But listen, if they make another album that sonds just like it, then it would lose that "special" ness of it for me. Like it it would just be another Lp album that sounds the same. We all love In the End, Crawling, Numb and Faint (few examples) but do we really want them to make something similar. Something that ruins them for us? I dont. its like eating McDonalds, you love it, but too much of it just gets annoying.

After many listens, I personally like the song. I will stand by my statement of saying it does sound like a remix in and of its own. But that's what makes it so much different from any previous LP material. It weaves in and out of the electronic and synth jungles to bring together a fresh sound that has been presented before from LP while still keeping to their identity and recognition.

Now on to the biggest question. Why choose a song like The Catalyst for the first single? IMO it represents all the possible underlining themes (beautiful, dark, new) that went into the making of this record. That and its also a great example of what Chester said when they were going to be taking the best things about HT and MTM and marrying them together. The first half of the song is shining proof of the experimentation of MTM while the second half and vocal exchange of Mike and Chester harkens back to the older days of HT.

Its not my character to judge the quality of an album from a single track but from the looks of The Catalyst, I think its safe to say that ATS will be an album creates a new generation of fans and at the same time pleasing those of have stuck with the band from day one.

I'm not staying trapped in the old sound, I love the new sound is different and the different is always ends up being something good and special, I'm glad that they was not stuck in the same sound, would have been boring to hear a Hybrid Theory 2 or Meteora Part 3 , is good grow and mature in every way and create different sounds that you have a great experience and feelings, but everyone has their opinion, and this is mine I love the new LP :)

PS: The music is this, to create new styles and genres and this is to be a musician, because they have been overcome, and when you overcome the criticisms are always, few people will continue to support but with the people who go there are always new people coming

Edited by Andros

i can give you a list of band who changed their sound COMPLETELY and were hated for it, and now years after those very changes that were despised are now applauded by fans and critics alike.

I've been wanting to research that topic GraDoN, but now that you say it, list those bands, I'm kinda curious to know.

Judging from the Medal Of Honor trailer, the catalyst is a pretty great song. Lots of electronic effects, catchy lyrics and that it's filled with an 'adrenaline' feeling. It kinda resembles the New Divide Style when it comes to music effects (imho). Can't wait to hear the album ^_^.

"The Catalyst" was a waste of $1.29 for me.

This will get lost in a sea of replies that say "epic", but the Shinoda/Rubin era is the worst period in Linkin Park's history to date.

To me, Linkin Park represent simple rock music. They'll tell anyone who will listen that they should be taken seriously and respected, because, hey, look, we've got Rick Rubin and don't talk about song meanings, but it's all a crock of shit. Power chords, solid drumming, scratching, rapping and screaming are what Linkin Park do best. Instead of trying to reinvent the wheel, they should stick to what they know and expand upon it. "Reanimation" made sense. "Meteora" was a logical follow-up. But when I tell people I'm a Linkin Park fan, and a member of the Underground and Street team since the beginning, I shudder at the thought of them accociating LP with the designer clothes fashion shoots, piano remixes, and rap-is-crap attitude the band adopted once Rubin came into the picture.

PS: It's not all hate. The second half of the song is amazing, even though it feels unfinished, much like the second half of "Little Things"

Agreed! Embarrassing...

I've been wanting to research that topic GraDoN, but now that you say it, list those bands, I'm kinda curious to know.

Judging from the Medal Of Honor trailer, the catalyst is a pretty great song. Lots of electronic effects, catchy lyrics and that it's filled with an 'adrenaline' feeling. It kinda resembles the New Divide Style when it comes to music effects (imho). Can't wait to hear the album ^_^ .

Metallica and Avenged Sevenfold are a couple I can think of off the top of my head.

My thoughts exactly! the second half of the song reminded me of TLTGYA right away. The songs very unfinished and underprodouced. The verses needed less electronic beats/effects and more lyrics that didn't constantly repeat or follow the same lyrical pattern. the second half I thought was great. If if this song grows on me it will be because of that half. Definitely the most disappointing lead single debut. Doesn't even hold a candle to the impact What I've Done had. Ooh well, we'll see if my opinion changes and if this single reflects the overall sound of the new album