The Catalyst Premieres

Nameless

• Replies 531
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It really doesn't matter what intellectual level the song/album adds up to. If the song blows then it blows.

At first I liked the song and it was growing on me. But now I'm really sick of it. It is repetitive and a total let down. Those who deny it are just trying really hard to be dedicated to the band. And that's cool, but the song is honestly junk.

EDIT: This song will tank as far as sales go in comparison to their other hit/lead singles.

People can genuinely like songs that you don't like. I like this song, especially the ending. It's not the best thing that Linkin Park's ever done, but it is really cool. It's an epic song in structure and has some really cool moments.

Edited by leftshoe18

People can genuinely like songs that you don't like.

How I dislike Figure .09 and Hit the Floor and QWERTY (live)

It doesn't mean people who do forced themselves, it just means they like horrible music :lol:

I kid....kinda

Oh that´s nice, just like MTM we get it 4 days early woohoo!

Love the song btw.

First listen I was like ´ Hmm oke that´s something else..´

But after listening to it like 15 times today I fucking loved it (Loved it after the 2nd time i guess :P )

I loved it after the first listen, I like almost every music style so that's probably why xD

This isn't by any means "genre-busting". This isn't a "new style or sound". In fact countless other groups have done this before. I'm just wondering what Linkin Park are thinking with regards to their musical direction. MTM was a drastic change from HT and Meteora. Now what we've seen from ATS is such a dramatic change from MTM. (Please save the "You haven't heard the entire album yet!" remarks. Mike said himself that this style basically dominates... And this is the lead single).

As far as I'm concerned, this isn't creativity. I mean 5:42 and that's all they could deliver lyrically? And no solid instrumental solos to make up for it? I'm not convinced. This is Mike playing with his new software toys a bit too much and Linkin Park having a lapse in musical ideas. I'm disappointed.

I swear leftshoe and Legend are like the 'People who hate Figure.09 Nazis'

Like with every figure hate post posed you get death threatened.

So....

I think Figure.09 sucks major balls. I would piss on that song if i was able too....

Yeh, thats right, bring it :P

So....

I think Figure.09 sucks major balls. I would piss on that song if i was able too....

Posted Image

So....

Posted Image

yes that's right. I wanna be a Figure.09 nazi.

ok, after many many replays I have the same opinion about the song I had from the start. I love it!!!!

It's one of those songs that you just have to listen with volume on the top of the scale. And it will pull you in!!!

I said that lyrics seem a bit repetitive in my previous post. However, just try to sing along! It's a great sing along song and I cannot wait to hear it live!

People can genuinely like songs that you don't like. I like this song, especially the ending. It's not the best thing that Linkin Park's ever done, but it is really cool. It's an epic song in structure and has some really cool moments.

You are misunderstanding what I'm saying. It's not that the song is just McDonald's dumpster writer's bloc scraps, it's that the song sucks when weighted as a first single. This is a horrible first single choice. If this had been some misc song on the album it would have been a lot better to me.

Edited by HybridThe0ry97

I'll just quote my own post from some other thread.

Meh....Someone should honestly say Mike that his singing is not good at all.

He always seemed to realize the fact that he is not a singer. Since what he is so self confident that he's putting his "vocals" all over the tracks?

The dancy part is nice from the melody standpoint, but it sounds a bit toyish.

The only things I really like are Chester's vocals and the deepness of lyrics.

i wish they would rite about personal things and stuff in lives and get away from electro stuff with autotune with thick sounds they cant play live. they play generic lyrics which was fine but now they need to go in anew direction instead of cover up with the typical thing. i love this band but they can do better

i wish they would rite about personal things and stuff in lives and get away from electro stuff with autotune with thick sounds they cant play live. they play generic lyrics which was fine but now they need to go in anew direction instead of cover up with the typical thing. i love this band but they can do better

There is no autotune, fact. It's just a heavy layered vocal effect.

This post is ridiculous.

There is next to no Auto-Tune in there, if any. And anyway, every band uses auto-tune, get used to it,

And in case you hadn't noticed, they did go in a new direction. You can't possible say this is typical or like what they have done in the past.

Edited by Ash

lyrically it is the same thing they did 3 time before this. making something soun electric does not mean you are adding deep to it. i listen to music for emotional connect but linkinp ark struggle wtih this. music should mean something and mean you are trying to say something and using music as a means to make it, linkin park lately have no statement to make

here this is better wording of what ia trying tos ay. linkin park have not expand ot try and makes more difficult melodies or lyrics they may go in different direction btu teyh push heavy sound thick layread and can't do it live. iw ant real music iwth soul and meaning not this computierized stuff you know? they can do it but htey arent

lyrically it is the same thing they did 3 time before this. making something soun electric does not mean you are adding deep to it. i listen to music for emotional connect but linkinp ark struggle wtih this. music should mean something and mean you are trying to say something and using music as a means to make it, linkin park lately have no statement to make

here this is better wording of what ia trying tos ay. linkin park have not expand ot try and makes more difficult melodies or lyrics they may go in different direction btu teyh push heavy sound thick layread and can't do it live. iw ant real music iwth soul and meaning not this computierized stuff you know? they can do it but htey arent

OH GOD!! Please read your posts 10 times before posting them. The spelling mistakes in them are making me suffer through a headache. And BTW "Will we burn inside the fires of a thousand suns?" is a very deep line.....

OH GOD!! Please read your posts 10 times before posting them. The spelling mistakes in them are making me suffer through a headache. And BTW "Will we burn inside the fires of a thousand suns?" is a very deep line.....

THIS.

Please, for the love of everything holy, use spell check and listen to the song. It has meaning and soul. Your just looking for emo LP, not thoughtful, mature LP.

Edited by LPFreak64