The Catalyst Premieres

Nameless

• Replies 531
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is an amazing song and anyone who thinks otherwise really needs to look at what they are currently listening to. A song does not need a lot guitar to be good. Go look @ A7X, TDG, Shinedown, 10 Years, or Chevelle for heavy guitars. If you don't like electronic beats or plenty of Mr. Hahn then LP is no longer a band for you. LP has evolved into something that cannot be described. I don't want to call this rock and I don't wanna call this techno. They succeeded in being 'genre busting'. Thank you Linkin Park. You have truly outdone yourself this time.

This is called top 40 pop. Nothing genre busting about it. They lost their uniqueness. Total failure for LP.

LP has to be what YOU want them to be? Not likely to happen soon.

no they don't have to be that what I want but i would be happy if they would be a little bit more Rock n Roll^^ i just wanted to say that i like the older Lp stuff more than the new ;)

and i'm very exicted for the new record ;) just The Catalyst didn't meet my expectations, thats all :) sorry ^^

This is called top 40 pop. Nothing genre busting about it. They lost their uniqueness. Total failure for LP.

You're entitled to your own opinion, by my opinion, this fucking shits on songs like Numb. If you're talking about uniqueness, you can say Meteora has songs that lack uniqueness. Papercut/Hit The floor? Easier to Run/Crawling? Somewhere I belong/In The End? I'm just saying, I love Meteora, but if you're going to bring up uniqueness, look at things both ways

Personally, the first half of the song didn't do much for me, but then the ending melted my face off. I give the song a 7.7/10 though it'll probably grow on me. What's really significant about the song is that it shows me that there's ALOT of potential for the album. I'm almost curtain that there are ganna be epic songs, like TLTGYA was for MTM, except I feel there are ganna be more than 1. I'm really excited.

thiis

Ahh does anyone know where I can buy the mp3 in decent quality? (from the UK) I havent pre-ordered yet so didnt get the download link and cant find it from any online stores. Thanks!

Edited by Hornzog

Is there any reason why it won't work in iTunes? It loads into WMP fine, but I need to use iTunes for my iPod...

Yeah, I can't change the tags or put it into iTunes either. I think you should convert it into a different format, then convert it back to mp3.

I believe The Requiem is listed Twice

I wouldn't worry about it...they can adjust it, since it's still in Pre-Order form and they have that disclaimer on the left of the tracklist that what you see isn't final, etc.

does anyone know what A Thousand Suns: The Full Experience is?

iTunes LP thingie maybe?

Edited by auburntiger

There is not a U.S. pop song I can think of that sounds like this. Right now the top 40 Pop charts are full of Rap, R&B, and Lady Gaga. These songs DO NOT sound like "The Catalyst". Maybe some stuff from top 40 in Europe sounds like this but this is truly unique for the U.S. (where I'm from) and sounds like Linkin Park. It is exactly how LP described it in their LPTV "Something New". They want something fresh and new but it sounds "Linkin Park-ish". They did it.

Edited by LPFreak64

I think the problem here is that everyone was excpecting "rock", but this is not rock. And its not pop or techno either. I've been sitting here thinking about what category this song fits into, and I've come to my conclusion. This is LINKIN PARK!