The Catalyst Premieres

Nameless

Major disappointment for me. I don't hate it, but not great in my opinion. Can people stop saying its "epic"...please. It's not.

Why should we stop calling it "Epic" and you keep calling it a disappointment??

Its a opinion, both being epic and a disappointment. And this is a place where we can share our opinions

• Replies 531
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ahh does anyone know where I can buy the mp3 in decent quality? I havent pre-ordered yet so didnt get the download link and cant find it from any online stores. Thanks!

Dunno where you live, but it's already available in U.S. iTunes Store, from what I can see. Good luck.

Yeah, I can't change the tags or put it into iTunes either. I think you should convert it into a different format, then convert it back to mp3.

I was hoping not to have to convert it. I'm trying to find a way around it but it's useless, I guess I will have to convert it.

This is called top 40 pop. Nothing genre busting about it. They lost their uniqueness. Total failure for LP.

There is not a U.S. pop song I can think of that sounds like this. Right now the top 40 Pop charts are full of Rap, R&B, and Lady Gaga. These songs DO NOT sound like "The Catalyst". Maybe some stuff from top 40 in Europe sounds like this but this is truly unique for the U.S. (where I'm from) and sounds like Linkin Park. It is exactly how LP described it in their LPTV "Something New". They want something fresh and new but it sounds "Linkin Park-ish". They did it.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_T8Z9f-Xvo_g/S_IqEUfIkQI/AAAAAAAAA_c/kWSfDtL9O1k/s1600/don

I think the problem here is that everyone was excpecting "rock", but this is not rock. And its not pop or techno either. I've been sitting here thinking about what category this song fits into, and I've come to my conclusion. This is LINKIN PARK!

THREAD WINNER !!! :D

i agree with YOU!

Major disappointment for me. I don't hate it, but not great in my opinion. Can people stop saying its "epic"...please. It's not.

NO!

Epic!Epic!Epic!Epic!Epic!Epic!Epic!Epic!Epic!Epic!Epic!Epic!Epic!Epic!Epic!Epic!Epic!Epic!Epic!Epic!Epic!Epic!

Epic!Epic!Epic!Epic!Epic!Epic!Epic!Epic!Epic!Epic!Epic!Epic!Epic!Epic!Epic!Epic!Epic!Epic!Epic!Epic!Epic!Epic!

Epic!Epic!Epic!Epic!Epic!Epic!Epic!Epic!Epic!Epic!Epic!Epic!Epic!Epic!Epic!Epic!Epic!Epic!Epic!EpicEpic!Epic!

Edited by lperocker

I'm still trying to figure out how this song is going to work live, it's just so layered!

Same here, but im guessing they are gonna use some really cool lightning effects. I hope so atleast.

NO!

Epic!Epic!Epic!Epic!Epic!Epic!Epic!Epic!Epic!Epic!Epic!Epic!Epic!Epic!Epic!Epic!Epic!Epic!Epic!EpicEpic!Epic!

WIN :D

FYI - apparently the song goes to iTunes in the UK on September 6.

Then I hope to god it comes on sale somewhere else in the UK, after all the single is out TODAY. Seems a bit ridiculous that I cant buy something that has already been released. Thanks for the info. Edited by Hornzog

I'm still trying to figure out how this song is going to work live, it's just so layered!

Mike will probably play both of his keyboards, including the solo, and sing at the same time.

The beginning part will probably be sampled along with that one synth line that continues into the "Lift me up part", or Mr. Hahn can play it with his midi pads.

Joe will be scratching his part as well.

And maybe Dave will sing some of the Lift me up part.

Just heard the song.. Now hearing it second time! I have to say it's a good song but the LP Remix contest ruined it for me.. I shouldn't have listen to any remix and no snippet to really get into the song. I knew what to expect.. If I hadn't listen to any of the song, it would really hit me and I think I'd like it even more. Everyone's saying that it's repeating. Just think if you hadn't listen to any of the snippets. It would be a totally new experience!! Damn, I have to learn and be more patient with songs and not want to listen to them right away even if it's a snippet.. I admire those who didn't listen it at all. And I'm sure that this will be the song I'll hear the most 'till the summer it's over and the time for the album arrives!!!!

Edited by jakolp

i dont think you are allowed to tell people what to say lol...we're all allowed to have our own opinions, there isnt a right/wrong opinion

Sorry but...fuck you! Not our fault we like the new LP and not our fault that the new LP grow musically

and...EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC

A thousand EPIC more! :angry: :lol: