The Catalyst Premieres

Nameless

well usually linkin park songs aren't repetitive at all, but now obviously they're doing something different.

and in my opinion, i think repetitive songs can be among the most powerful.

one of my favorite songs only has a chorus that's repeated twice and that's it. repitition isn't always a bad thing.

no, it's not. and the more i listen to it the more i like it, of course. i'm proud of them for doing something so different :) i bet the song will be awesome live!

• Replies 531
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i really love the song, but i really wonder what Brad and Phoenix will do on stage...

and if the entire album is with less guitars, Brad and Phoenix are (excuse me) "useless"!

um....brad does a lot of guitar in this song..its just not in ur face..and there is plenty of bass..i dont really know what your talkin about.

Well, I hear a guitar, not that loud bet it definately is there! And I can hear some bass too, especially in the beginning. This is bass, right? :lol:

yes its bass. im guessin some of us fans dont listen to music that doesnt have the guitar so up front but...uhh if anyone recalls minutes to midnight then..ya know that whole album from 3 years ago that was distorted guitar up front every song...then this shouldnt bother anyone

I'm really disappointed! i hope that the rest of the album is different and doesnt sound like this ,

feels like that the catalyst is something that linkin park made it quick , New Divide is so much better ...

brad is sleeping or what ?

i hope that LP is gone juste for a single

"The Catalyst" was a waste of $1.29 for me.

This will get lost in a sea of replies that say "epic", but the Shinoda/Rubin era is the worst period in Linkin Park's history to date.

To me, Linkin Park represent simple rock music. They'll tell anyone who will listen that they should be taken seriously and respected, because, hey, look, we've got Rick Rubin and don't talk about song meanings, but it's all a crock of shit. Power chords, solid drumming, scratching, rapping and screaming are what Linkin Park do best. Instead of trying to reinvent the wheel, they should stick to what they know and expand upon it. "Reanimation" made sense. "Meteora" was a logical follow-up. But when I tell people I'm a Linkin Park fan, and a member of the Underground and Street team since the beginning, I shudder at the thought of them accociating LP with the designer clothes fashion shoots, piano remixes, and rap-is-crap attitude the band adopted once Rubin came into the picture.

PS: It's not all hate. The second half of the song is amazing, even though it feels unfinished, much like the second half of "Little Things"

I'm really disappointed! i hope that the rest of the album is different and doesnt sound like this ,

feels like that the catalyst is something that linkin park made it quick , New Divide is so much better ...

brad is sleeping or what ?

i hope that LP is gone juste for a single

I've been listening to the song all afternoon and I must say, it's a great song. I love it. I hope that A Thousand Suns does have some heavy guitar or screaming on at least one song, but I'm starting to highly doubt that. Which isn't a good thing at all.

I've been listening to the song all afternoon and I must say, it's a great song. I love it. I hope that A Thousand Suns does have some heavy guitar or screaming on at least one song, but I'm starting to highly doubt that. Which isn't a good thing at all.

I agree, but didn't the 6-track review say there was heavy guitar?

I already chimed in that I'm not impressed, but like "Collision Course", "Reanimation" and "Minutes to Midnight", at least it's something different, and might make the band some new fans. It's just TOO different from the LP sound that I like.

"QWERTY" was the ultimate tease, in my opinion. They wrote it on a single plane ride, and it kicks ass. Then they go in a studio for a couple years and come up with...this?

I already chimed in that I'm not impressed, but like "Collision Course", "Reanimation" and "Minutes to Midnight", at least it's something different, and might make the band some new fans. It's just TOO different from the LP sound that I like.

"QWERTY" was the ultimate tease, in my opinion. They wrote it on a single plane ride, and it kicks ass. Then they go in a studio for a couple years and come up with...this?

QWERTY was written during the Summer of 2006 on the plane ride to Japan for Summer Sonic. They then went back to the studio and worked on what became Minutes To Midnight. They released that in May of 2007 and then toured until the fall of 2008. They have been working on A Thousand Suns essentially since the fall of 2008 except for a few other things (New Divide, 8 Bit Rebellion, The 2009 Summer Tour) and are releasing the album in September 2010. That was four years ago. So it was kind of a long time ago, it wasn't a couple years.

Thanks for the correction Geki. Replace my "ATS" diss with a "MTM" diss, because the same essentially applies.

Going by the QWERTY example, though, I would love to see what would happen if they had a weekend to make an album, as opposed to being able to do 800 revisions of a song and nitpick/overproduce it to death over the span of 4 years.

mike has been quoted on lp.com chats saying there will be some screaming and rapping...so your safe if thats a wish

okay seriously i dont understand you dont like it HT and meteora is good but if it still was that sound then you also would hate it i like that linkin park are making some new everytime and that its not like HT meteora MTM its something hole new but if you like the old stuff then go listen to it we dont need to now that you only like the old because then it isntlinkin park that you are looking after

Edited by nikolajlaulp

okay seriously i dont understand you dont like it HT and meteora is good but if it still was that sound then you also would hate it i like that linkin park are making some new everytime and that its not like HT meteora MTM its something hole new but if you like the old stuff then go listen to it we dont need to now that you only like the old

this deserves more than a +1...+2312 sounds more like it haha.