A Thousand Suns Album Artwork!

lplfan

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The stupid thing about this of course is they raised expectations for the art with those kickass scrambled images of the band. then they drop this photoshop mistake on us.

Q4E

LOL at people calling this art.

Edited by Wayne2kx

Q4E

LOL at people calling this art.

Just because you don't like it nor understand it doesn't mean its not art.

I'm highly disappointed in how simple this two covers are, for the single and album. I'm highly annoyed that it is black and freaking white... kinda takes emotion outta the whole thing before even listening to the album lol. Oh well. i like the idea though.

LP should explain the meaning of the cover...

If it has no meaning it's the worst cover ever.

I would love to see a cover with mike's art. he's so good but they never use it for covers :(

Edited by wiiesel

One thing that gets drilled into you in Art college is everything has to have a meaning, so yes, this piece of suckey simpleness is part of the art direction. I don't think anyone would take MS serious as an artist anymore if it was random lol

I honestly can't believe this is what they came up with after banging their heads together.

Catalyst scrambled art FTW

Edited by Subs

Has the file name ATS_lpblast

So...take that as you will.

EDIT: Nevermind, snooping around LPA made me find an Adam post saying that's just what he named the file. Has no hidden meaning.

Edited by ProjektCharlotte

Has the file name ATS_lpblast

So...take that as you will.

EDIT: Nevermind, snooping around LPA made me find an Adam post saying that's just what he named the file. Has no hidden meaning.

On LPA, Adam said to ignore that, and that he named the file, and it had no hidden meaning at all.

http://www.lpassociation.com/forums/showth...ght=#post955660

EDIT: lmao... nvm now... lol

Edited by LPkillz

I really like the cover. If anybody disagrees with my opinion then I'll...I'll...kindly accept their differing opinion.

This entire topic is proof that fucking nothing the band does pleases ANYONE.

I like the art too. It's different. There's no text cluttering the shit up. It's just art, out there. Why does it need to be 'explained'? Real art doesn't need an explanation.

Goddamn LP fans are tools

I like the art too. It's different. There's no text cluttering the shit up. It's just art, out there. Why does it need to be 'explained'? Real art doesn't need an explanation.

Agree with you, it's Art and it is all

Typical response by an LP fan who just approves everything they do and makes excuses for them. The cover is plain and boring, i don't get how anyone can say it's awesome. I could have doodled something like this and thats saying something.

I don't have a problem with fans being divided, it's what challenges the band at the end of the day.

Lastly, LP album covers usually suck apart from Hybrid Theory so it's not a big deal to me. Meteora was completely random ( i don't care how the explained it), Minutes was awful, and this one is crap too.

They should have went with this for Meteora ( just the band shot, the title meteora and LP in small font somewhere on the cover)

http://people.fm.uniba.sk/mihocikova/linkin_park_1024.jpg

This for Minutes to Midnight

http://images.starpulse.com/Photos/Preview...in-Park-w10.jpg

Save all the art for the album's booklet. Oh well moving on..

Edited by thesungoesdown

why bc people have opinions? fuck that, i dont like this album cover. im a tool? i fucking love linkin park but im not going to prasie everything they do. collision course was crap, so is this "art"

Typical response by an LP fan who just approves everything they do and makes excuses for them. The cover is plain and boring, i don't get how anyone can say it's awesome. I could have doodled something like this and thats saying something.

I don't have a problem with fans being divided, it's what challenges the band at the end of the day.

Lastly, LP album covers usually suck apart from Hybrid Theory so it's not a big deal to me. Meteora was completely random ( i don't care how the explained it), Minutes was awful, and this one is crap too.

They should have went with this for Meteora ( just the band shot, the title meteora and LP in small font somewhere on the cover)

Here's the problem with your whole post. You dont want art on the cover. You want a picture of the band. That's awfully boybandish. Jesus I'd be pissed if either of those was the cover of their albums!

Back to this album...I like it. Simple. Obviously has a meaning but maybe not something the band will say

Ah, the sweet smell of contemporary art. :P Create something very plain and let the fans fill in the blanks about how awesome it is and how much meaning it must have behind it.

I loved seeing Blue Man Group live when they made fun of this kind of stuff.

I could really care less though. I'm not going to spend hours and hours staring at the front of the CD case. My time will be spent listening to the music, so it could be a picture of Mike Shinoda in a thong for all I care.

I dont like the album artwork. Does that mean I'm a tool? No I dont automatically have to approve anything the band likes. Im sure Astat said something along the lines of "If you arent able to criticize a band you arent a true fan" <- something like that.

I dont like this album artwork. Nor did i like minutes. Does that make me a tool? Does that make me any less of a fan? No. You're post has no meaning like this album artwork. Jesus they have two artists in the band and this is what they come up with? But at the end of the day it's about the music... which will be good hopefully.

And to sungoesdown -

i agreed everything in the bold but after the bolded is where your point was lost. What does LP look like? The backstreet boys? lol

Now that I think about it, the cover has more of a mysterious tone to it. It's looks like there might be something litterly behind it. Like, it's casting a shadow of some sort. It makes you wonder whats on the other side. And on the other side is this new genre busting sound, lol!