• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

OOA = ?

Out of Ashes

Thanks for posting. My computer is being a pain and won't let me see this on the site. :S

I think we're all a bit surprised by the album art. Give it a day to sink in.

At this point I'm so hyped about the cd they could've put an elephant on the cover and I wouldn't care.

Edited by Numbrocker

Oh come on guys how will a cover determine the quality of the music

When we buy the CD, what is the first think we do, listen to the songs... qnd not writing an essay about the cover

Edited by Yass

pre-order coming to linkinpark.com soon. mr. bennington's tweet was a little premature, but we're looking to have this pre-order up later tonight. you'll want to pre-order from linkinpark.com, not best buy. trust me.

pre-order coming to linkinpark.com soon. mr. bennington's tweet was a little premature, but we're looking to have this pre-order up later tonight. you'll want to pre-order from linkinpark.com, not best buy. trust me.

Thanks! Adam!

The only thing I don't like about this cover (and the apparent art direction of the album in general) is that it's black and white, and so was MTM. Having those 2 albums back-to-back on your CD rack or whatever...they're not going to stand out the same way Meteora stands out compared to Hybrid Theory or MTM stands out compared to Meteora.

However, those crying "worst album cover ever" clearly aren't very well-versed in album cover history. Alice Cooper - Zipper Catches Skin and Black Sabbath - Paranoid come to mind in that department (with an honorable mention to Scorpions - Virgin Killer...look that one up at your own risk)...which are fantastic albums, by the way. Ultimately, an album cover means nothing.

You can already pre-order in Amazon.com

I thought so...wasn't sure about best buy though. They usually get all the exclusive LP stuff like lpu, imports, songs from the underground, etc. and i didn't know if amazon offered the heads-up on pre-order alerts. Regardless, we'll probably all end up finding out before i actually get the alert lol

but thank you for the confirmation.

SLAM. lol thanks Adam, for putting me on the true and righteous path.

The only thing I don't like about this cover (and the apparent art direction of the album in general) is that it's black and white, and so was MTM. Having those 2 albums back-to-back on your CD rack or whatever...they're not going to stand out the same way Meteora stands out compared to Hybrid Theory or MTM stands out compared to Meteora.

However, those crying "worst album cover ever" clearly aren't very well-versed in album cover history. Alice Cooper - Zipper Catches Skin and Black Sabbath - Paranoid come to mind in that department (with an honorable mention to Scorpions - Virgin Killer...look that one up at your own risk)...which are fantastic albums, by the way. Ultimately, an album cover means nothing.

Fact. Some of those covers are.... >_< but the music is great!

The cover is starting to grow on me. But I agree. I don't like that both M2M and A Thousand suns are back to back black and white.

One more for your excelent comment...

Metallica, Black Album