A Thousand Suns Album Artwork!

lplfan

This entire topic is proof that fucking nothing the band does pleases ANYONE.

I like the art too. It's different. There's no text cluttering the shit up. It's just art, out there. Why does it need to be 'explained'? Real art doesn't need an explanation.

Goddamn LP fans are tools

Uh...duh? OF COURSE nothing the band does is going to please everyone. We aren't a bunch of robots programmed the same way, we all have different tastes.

You act like that's a bad thing. LP knows not everything they do will please everyone. If as an artist you aim to please everybody, you're going to fail.

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i can genuinely say i like this. alot.

like i've said before, people are hating on this because it's crazy different from anything LP has ever done. i have to admit, a lot of linkin park fans really can never be satisfied and just simply do not understand the meaning of change and moving on. if you genuinely don't like it, than you don't like it and everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but don't make it sway your opinion on LP as a whole, or of Mike/Joe for this matter.

HT and Meteora had a similar kind of feel for artwork (along with music), and i liked the artwork on both of those.

then came MTM, which marked the transition point in everything linkin park. the artwork was completely different, much more simplistic, (and in my opinion was the worst they've had), but it was a change, and a respectable one.

now, with ATS, it's yet another change. although black and white like MTM, it has a very different vibe to it. much more mysterious and artistic in an abstract sense. i personally like it.

but, notice a pattern? majority loved HT and Meteora art because that's the OG linkin park. than majority hated MTM art (and music, for that matter..) because they changed. now, i definitley feel like ATS will bring another MTM effect because people need to get it in their heads that LP will not stop changing. and i, for one, respect it and am loving it.

/endrant2.

Edited by dromani22

like i've said before, people are hating on this because it's crazy different from anything LP has ever done. i have to admit, a lot of linkin park fans really can never be satisfied and just simply do not understand the meaning of change and moving on. if you genuinely don't like it, than you don't like it and everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but don't make it sway your opinion on LP as a whole, or of Mike/Joe for this matter.

As a person who loves MTM, loves even more how this new album is shaping up to sound, and does not like this album cover, I can tell you that it being different from past LP has nothing to do with it. At least for me.

It's just ultra plain. It's a boring cover. But as I posted earlier, who the hell cares about the album cover.

And I do agree that an album cover you dislike shouldn't change your opinion on the band.

Edited by Xero21

As a person who loves MTM, loves even more how this new album is shaping up to sound, and does not like this album cover, I can tell you that it being different from past LP has nothing to do with it. At least for me.

It's just ultra plain. It's a boring cover. But as I posted earlier, who the hell cares about the album cover.

And I do agree that an album cover you dislike shouldn't change your opinion on the band.

but then there are alot of people who say things like "it's not what i was looking for" or "it doesn't seem like something LP would have" or something. that's who i was really kind of targeting. so for some people, the difference from the past is definitley a factor whether they realize it or not.

i mean i do think an album cover is very important because it's all about first impression and artistically, it was obviously influenced by the most important part, the music. not saying that if you don't like t he album art you won't like the music, but the art is another important factor in the overall mood of the album.

this would be the worst cover in Lp 's history if it comes true , cannot be even considered as a cover damn!!!!! what happened to mike , hahn creativity , didnt they have time to make one or they r putting this to see the fans opinion so that they can change even the cover later , if they change ill be glad , they could have left it to the fans and fans could have designed better even more

huge dissapointment and how come of some of them even cal it gud , i cant even understand that , and im a serious follower of mike and u jus cant always go if itz wrong............ and fans comment in mike's blog cool , brilliant excellent , what a creativity Posted Image............ !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

extreme disappointment X 100

Edited by aravind221

Typical response by an LP fan who just approves everything they do and makes excuses for them. The cover is plain and boring, i don't get how anyone can say it's awesome. I could have doodled something like this and thats saying something.

I don't have a problem with fans being divided, it's what challenges the band at the end of the day.

Lastly, LP album covers usually suck apart from Hybrid Theory so it's not a big deal to me. Meteora was completely random ( i don't care how the explained it), Minutes was awful, and this one is crap too.

They should have went with this for Meteora ( just the band shot, the title meteora and LP in small font somewhere on the cover)

http://people.fm.uniba.sk/mihocikova/linkin_park_1024.jpg

This for Minutes to Midnight

http://images.starpulse.com/Photos/Preview...in-Park-w10.jpg

Save all the art for the album's booklet. Oh well moving on..

And the award for most boring album covers goes to those two.

And did it ever occur to you that some people only bother to announce and participate in what pleases them as opposed to the people who only speak when something doesn't.

Did it ever also occur to you that maybe the fan happens to like everything the band does because the band has yet to disappoint them? Since when did it become a crime that you can be pleased by a band each and every time?

I am an LP fan because I found out every time, at least 90% of the music on their album pleases me. Because i love so much of their work, the 10% that i don't isn't worth my time to bitch about. I save that for the music i hate 90% of.

Its AWESOME,

its like other dimension

Like in AniMatrix when NEO falls in the ground.

you know, you may be on to something...maybe it's one of those deals where you angle it to your left and right it reveals different shades or images...like this cover is only one piece of the finished product?

This is what I wrote over at the LPUMB:

I love the quiet power of it. It reminds me of animations of stars going through their death cycle and exploding in space. You can see the explosion happening, but you can't hear or feel anything. There's just something so powerful and epic about that. I totally love this.

i really don't care about the cover, i care about the music, sometimes is better a crap cover and good music, instead a good cover and crap music

i want an itunes lp, would be awesome, with lyrics, liner notes, videos, pics and some artwork too

HT and Meteora had a similar kind of feel for artwork (along with music), and i liked the artwork on both of those.

then came MTM, which marked the transition point in everything linkin park. the artwork was completely different, much more simplistic, (and in my opinion was the worst they've had), but it was a change, and a respectable one.

now, with ATS, it's yet another change. although black and white like MTM, it has a very different vibe to it. much more mysterious and artistic in an abstract sense. i personally like it.

but, notice a pattern? majority loved HT and Meteora art because that's the OG linkin park. than majority hated MTM art (and music, for that matter..) because they changed. now, i definitley feel like ATS will bring another MTM effect because people need to get it in their heads that LP will not stop changing. and i, for one, respect it and am loving it.

/endrant2.

and you know what, I like it too; that they've changed their stuff. I mean the transition from meteora to M2M was quite a leap but I still enjoyed the music. And now that genre-busting ATS is coming out, it's something new, fresh, and pleasantly different. the art and the music. So I say:

Good for you LP. Do what you love and what you wanna do. Because at the end of the day the only thing that matters is that you are pleased with the music you make and you tried your best.

Take the cover now for a grain of salt, until we have it in our hands we can't judge too far into this imo.

I wouldn't have a problem with this album art too much... if it had the bands name on it at least.

I think it will, we're probably just seeing a version without it.

Edited by adaminator1

I'm pretty sure the special edition is probably going to have a different cover anyway, so that might be of some relief to the many that do not approve of this current cover.

thats a really good point...m2m was pretty cool

Edited by Cbass

LOL at all the bitching!! I am 100% sure that this definitely has A LOT of meaning behind it. At first site, i prayed that this wasn't the album cover, but upon further thought, it would be stupid to beleive that this is meaningless. With the direction LP is taking on this record, I am sure this will have meaning beyond our comprehension, which in due time, we all will know.

OK one thing is you don't like the cover

But the other thing is saying it's not art and its shit.

And I think somehow a lot of people are saying the second thing, and should only say they don't like it...