ATS: 6 Track Sampler review

Yass

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2) Untitled [4'13"]

It begins with what could be the voice of a leader who harangued the crowd. An electric guitar riff quite Launches the song. Mike Shinoda raps over the entire first verse. The choruses are chanted by Chester ("Hey!" Hey! "). Unlike the first track played, Mike Shinoda, who co-produced the album with Rick Rubin (Slayer, Metallica, Slipknot), is very present on this title.

This one sounds great.

Good to hear the rest are more guitar oriented, and that Brad's doing some solos. From what it looks the album's gonna be their longest yet, around 50 minutes.

YES!YES!YES!YES!YES! :D

Sorry forgot myself for a minute. But yeah- this is gonna be awesome. September here I come!

1) TLTGYA Anybody?[4'39"]

It starts with a long intro which turns to drums, keyboard and finally vocals in the background. The title ends with an a cappella of both singers

3) I'm just excited to hear that this doesn't have the similar LP song structure [4'00 "]

A guitar and a piano introduces the third piece. The singing of Mike Shinoda on the verse is pretty amazing, almost ragga! The chorus is not really identifiable with the first listen. The track runs itself without real structure. Linkin Park abandons the traditional verse / chorus. Note that for the first time in the discography of Linkin Park, Brad Delson up a guitar solo on the end of the song.

Are you excited?!

Review is great

I'm just getting even more excited day by day till the release of the Catalyst/Tousand Suns :)

I remember, when Mike was talking about the new album being a little shorter than the others (LPU chat maybe?), and he said there will be probably less songs... Well I'm glad to see there will be 12 as usual :D

+ I have a question for you guys:

Is there any other release date for The Catalyst single? Because as I remember, New Divide was released in some other countries sooner than it was announced to come out in the US...

5) Untitled [4'26"]

Of the six titles, without question, this is the one most surprising. Like what "Breaking The Habit" was on Meteora, this piece, where Chester sings alone, stands out from the rest by it's lack of thickness. No guitar is heard before the third minute. Chester repeats many times, "I'm losing what I do not deserve". Potential title:"What I Do not Deserve".

I am most excited about this. "Breaking the Habit" is one of LP's best songs. I love guitar in LP tracks so I am very intrigued to where this one will go. Maybe a little TLTGYA mixed with BTH. Sounds great!!!

I am most excited about this. "Breaking the Habit" is one of LP's best songs. I love guitar in LP tracks so I am very intrigued to where this one will go. Maybe a little TLTGYA mixed with BTH. Sounds great!!!

same for me!