What Next?

hahninator

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't see why Linkin Park should sound like 30stm just because of this sentence. "Nomen est omen" ;-) Portishead has a song called Numb too (a real classic btw) and it has nothing to do with Linkin Park's Numb which was released 8 years later. To sound like 30stm isn't something to be proud about anyway...

To sound like 30stm isn't something to be proud about anyway...

i don't like people saying things like that, cause that's something so very subjective and it just depends on one's taste... maybe you don't like 30stm. but others do... and it's not fair to say that in such a generalized way.

(just saying, no bitching :) )

I think 30 Seconds To Mars are very over-the-top, over-dramatic. But that's just my opinion. I think with their music videos they take themselves way too seriously. I don't know whether I'd prefer LP to stick with lyrics like their previous albums or not; probably, to be honest. I find it easiest to relate with those sorts of lyrics.

I LULz like crazy at the people comparing 30STM to LP. LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL.

LOL << This one is for you.

LOLLOLOLOLOL << That one too

Amen to that.

Still, it's true that LP lyrics, mostly Chester's, are very weak. BUT, Mike's rapping is always interesting (not always, but most of the time). Actually their best lyrics are in their earlier songs, like High Voltage, Dedicated, A Place for my Head, Papercut...

I LULz like crazy at the people comparing 30STM to LP. LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL.

LOL << This one is for you.

LOLLOLOLOLOL << That one too

thiiiiis

30STM doesn't interest me whatsoever. Just saying.

I do agree with LP lyrics though...generally, Chester tends to write about the same general topics (which isn't always bad and is understandable to a degree), but the music ends up sounding good, particularly when Mike's rapping over it. But if the lyrics go conceptual and start having more meaning to them...oh man, good shit.

I do agree with LP lyrics though...generally, Chester tends to write about the same general topics (which isn't always bad and is understandable to a degree), but the music ends up sounding good, particularly when Mike's rapping over it. But if the lyrics go conceptual and start having more meaning to them...oh man, good shit.

This.....i just hope they dont manage to fuck it up, cause when you are writing conceptual lyrics you have to be really careful in every process of the writing. That could be the main reason it is taking so long, cause concept albums generally take longer to write than a normal album. This is because the band has to write the story behind the album before they even begin to write the lyrics.

If they pull it off though it will be the shit. So keeping my fingers crossed.

This.....i just hope they dont manage to fuck it up, cause when you are writing conceptual lyrics you have to be really careful in every process of the writing. That could be the main reason it is taking so long, cause concept albums generally take longer to write than a normal album. This is because the band has to write the story behind the album before they even begin to write the lyrics.

Mike said erase any theories of concepts i demand you listen to your savior! lol jk

you mean like 21st Century Breakdown? ;D

But yeah, this'll shoot to the top of my list of favorite LP releases immediately if they do it right. I'm wondering though...when did Mike say they'd started writing for the album? 2008? mid-2009?

you mean like 21st Century Breakdown? ;D

But yeah, this'll shoot to the top of my list of favorite LP releases immediately if they do it right. I'm wondering though...when did Mike say they'd started writing for the album? 2008? mid-2009?

Late 2008 :P

Linkin Park isnt actually writing a story, they just want the album to sound like da album all together have this overall feeling but idk. like mike said on rollingstone "This isn't necessarily a record that tells a story about a character or anything like that, but I do hope the record has a sonic identity, from beginning to end" also they're tryin to achieve a new cutting edge sound that is different but sound really really really good that is whats holdin them back

but yeah we should erase all these concepts out of our minds... lol

Edited by LPkillz

Late 2008 :P

I thought it was earlier than that. I thought they started writing at the end of the last full tour......wait nevermind that was late 2008 my bad lol

yeah they started writing the record....then michael bay side-tracked them....then they toured (while still writing they said) then they entered the studio yet again and have been since then lol.

Amen to that.

Still, it's true that LP lyrics, mostly Chester's, are very weak.

Not at all. Chester's lyrics are just raw emotion, they're simplistic, but they really get the emotion out in the song. I love all of Chester's lyrics.

its 2007 actually cause they were writing on da back of da bus during Projekt Revolution 07

uhhh no they weren't. The earliest info anybody got is that they were writing on the break between the Us 08 arena tour - summer tour.

uhhh no they weren't. The earliest info anybody got is that they were writing on the break between the Us 08 arena tour - summer tour.

Yeah I think you are right Richard. That's when that article came out of Mike writing in I think Prague? with pics included and everything. Damn that was ages ago. I wonder what the stuff sounded like that he recorded there.

and also...MUSE. Saw someone mention Muse. Damn I am on a HUGE Muse high right now. Last night's show was epic. I love Matt Bellamy. Muse is the best live band in the world, they really fucking bring it. I love their live show.

I don't mind the name "A Thousand Suns" for the album name, it would actually be pretty cool. And what if it's the name of the album and first single? =0.

Anyway, new LPTV could probably come along in late July or early August, I hope.

oh...a thousand suns....if it's the name of the record...it's baaaad...very bad...IMO..

for me it's associated with 30 STM...they have some kind of "spacethemicalnames..." or Muse...if Muse...It's better...:)

muse's songs lyrics are spacey coz muse hv a conspiracy theorist who is matthew bellamy XD

but LP's lyrics are simple, straight and directly express wt they feel

Edited by larisa

Yeah I think you are right Richard. That's when that article came out of Mike writing in I think Prague? with pics included and everything. Damn that was ages ago. I wonder what the stuff sounded like that he recorded there.

and also...MUSE. Saw someone mention Muse. Damn I am on a HUGE Muse high right now. Last night's show was epic. I love Matt Bellamy. Muse is the best live band in the world, they really fucking bring it. I love their live show.

[offtopic]

muse f*cking owned glastonbury, probably it's one of their best shows

i could see they had put 200% energy and really enjoy the show~

it reminded me their show in hong kong in this feb, just full of awesomeness : D

[/offtopic]

XDD

Not at all. Chester's lyrics are just raw emotion, they're simplistic, but they really get the emotion out in the song. I love all of Chester's lyrics.

same here

love the way he's ture to himself