8-Bit Rebellion Updates... NOW!

Nameless

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You could be right...I guess I won't count Qwerty or ASP. Blackbirds is definitely the 6th string song though, I just listened to the clip and it has the same beat and melody, I can't believe we are actually getting it after all this time. Mike probably saw all the posts in the LP community about the 6th String Song so he decided to give it to us. Fucking awesome. But yeah, the b-sides that we have are No Roads Left, Across The Line and Blackbirds, so you are right, we're missing two more. I'm happy with the 3 that we have though, 2007/2008/early 2009 I never would have thought we'd get ATL or Blackbirds up until now. Not Alone was a MTM demo too, right?

Not Alone was a MTM demo too, right?

We think so at the moment but as far as I know there hasn't been an official statement about it yet. Even if it was recorded during the MtM-sessions I guess it would only be a demo, not a b-side (they finished it just for DTD).

Well, I guess this answers my question from before. What a wacky name. I think there's a very high probability that it is the final version of 6th strings song. I'm sure it will be much more obvious though once the full song comes out. Mike or the rest of the band will probably elaborate on it and say whether it is the 6th strings song or not and whether it is from the M2M sessions. I totally wasn't expecting this though. I'm way more excited for this song now. I was expecting that the song was going to be super ass heavy and resemble a song like Qwerty or Bleed It Out. Man, now the waiting begins. This will be tough.

Well, I guess this answers my question from before. What a wacky name. I think there's a very high probability that it is the final version of 6th strings song. I'm sure it will be much more obvious though once the full song comes out. Mike or the rest of the band will probably elaborate on it and say whether it is the 6th strings song or not and whether it is from the M2M sessions. I totally wasn't expecting this though. I'm way more excited for this song now. I was expecting that the song was going to be super ass heavy and resemble a song like Qwerty or Bleed It Out. Man, now the waiting begins. This will be tough.

+1

blackbirds... sounds like they made this song for a game like COD or Splinter cell lol

We think so at the moment but as far as I know there hasn't been an official statement about it yet. Even if it was recorded during the MtM-sessions I guess it would only be a demo, not a b-side (they finished it just for DTD).

something to ask at an upcoming m&g or tweet ? :D

It feels like we haven't had an LP song with Mike rapping and Chester singing since the Meteora days for me. BIO and Qwerty have that, but not like the way Blackbirds does. I can't wait.

Yea, based on the preview, the rapping definitely felt a bit more old school and more like HT/Meteora than some of the rapping on M2M and since. I'm excited as hell to hear the rapping and for me personally, if the rest of the song is just as good as this preview, I think this will be the best song since New Divide imo. I'm seriously praying that the April 30th thing isn't correct.

Yea, based on the preview, the rapping definitely felt a bit more old school and more like HT/Meteora than some of the rapping on M2M and since. I'm excited as hell to hear the rapping and for me personally, if the rest of the song is just as good as this preview, I think this will be the best song since New Divide imo. I'm seriously praying that the April 30th thing isn't correct.

NOT ALONE?

NOT ALONE?

i think nothing beats chester/mike mixure, that snippet is fucking incredible, can't wait for the full song

BLACKBIRDS! <3

*did i miss some replies?*

no but i agree with you! xD

Edited by sckofelng

NOT ALONE?

Yea, I know. Not Alone was a good song with a heart warming message, even though it was a bit repetitive. And Across the Line was great and I thought it was better than 1/3 of M2M. I'm just saying though that I think Blackbirds (based on the preview) has a real chance of being better than both of those songs.

From LPU's Twitter:

• A little blackbird told me more info on 8-Bit Rebellion would be coming later today...

Update: HERE's the trailer of the video game... with a nasty preview of the exclusive song included, called.. BLACKBIRDS!

on YouTube

Blackbirds Sample (.MP3, 700K) Thanks linkingabo!

Does the track remind you of the 6th string song from the MTM recording session? What do you think?

hah so thats what LPU meant by Blackbird, the preview sounds sooooooooo good, i cant wait for the game to come out