DBS Hype Dying?

hahninator

I really think DBS should release a special edition of Out Of Ashes...it could help with some more promotion and it would give back to the fans. We still don't have a lot of things such as 20 Eyes studio version, the acoustic tracks (unless they were always referring to the live ones), or even a DVD or anything. Who knows, they probably will never do this but still.

+1

I think i remmber someone else saying they should released an offical "itunes" EP or something like that. all 5 acoustic songs + 20 eyes studio as a bonus. Even If DBS never do anything else, they should do that. I really must hear WIC & ITD acoustic :(

Even waaay back in '08 chester even fiddled with the idea of releasing the orginal 3 live tracks from club tatoo!? Imagine getting them with the orginal "my suffering"! but that almost certainly will never happen now.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

+1

I think i remmber someone else saying they should released an offical "itunes" EP or something like that. all 5 acoustic songs + 20 eyes studio as a bonus. Even If DBS never do anything else, they should do that. I really must hear WIC & ITD acoustic :(

Even waaay back in '08 chester even fiddled with the idea of releasing the orginal 3 live tracks from club tatoo!? Imagine getting them with the orginal "my suffering"! but that almost certainly will never happen now.

I'm starting to think the only 'acoustic' tracks we're going to get are Let Down and Morning After from the acoustic set from Vegas last summer. I don't think they ever meant they were going to release acoustic versions of studio tracks, they probably were just referring to the live performances. I would still love to hear CBI from Vegas, I wanna hear that song acoustic so bad.

Anyways, 20 Eyes (Studio) should definitely have been released by now. I messaged Elias about it and he said who knows so it probably isn't going to ever come out. As for the 08 Club Tattoo performances, I would kill to have that show too. My Suffering from that show in HQ...omg.

I just saw that they seel OOA for 6€ now in Germany, it was nearly 20€ in the same store when the CD came out. at least they still show it in their advertisment. But the promotion overall was bad, we're still waiting for the proshot of the Hamburg gig last year and there's no official site in Germany = couldn't be worse promoted.

I still love the album and I'm looking forward to (probably) see them in Hamburg. It's great seeing them live because imo chester puts much more power in the DBS gigs then he did with LP lastly.

Anyway, I hope they'll release another album in about 2 years (same goes for FM) after the next LP album, which has priority at the moment (althoug I'm pretty pessimistic about the album >.< ).

I just saw that they seel OOA for 6€ now in Germany, it was nearly 20€ in the same store when the CD came out. at least they still show it in their advertisment. But the promotion overall was bad, we're still waiting for the proshot of the Hamburg gig last year and there's no official site in Germany = couldn't be worse promoted.

They actually have an official site here in Germany... http://www.dead-by-sunrise.de !

• 1 month later...

Well i think they should release an EP this year, to follow up OOA. Remember Ryan said they both had a shitload of JK and DBS music wanting to release, so why not an EP or crossover EP/Album of DBS JK unreleased tracks and/or remixes.

Well i think they should release an EP this year, to follow up OOA. Remember Ryan said they both had a shitload of JK and DBS music wanting to release, so why not an EP or crossover EP/Album of DBS JK unreleased tracks and/or remixes.

True but another 5 or 6 songs isn't going to propel them anywhere, even releasing a 2nd full length record tomorrow wouldn't do that, they would still be stuck with their core audience.

I'd imagine there has to be a way to gain more notoriety, I just don't see it happening in the near future.

In my own opinion I didn't really like Dead by Sunrise, a few songs I ended up listening to a few times but then it just died on me.

I think they should all focus on Linkin Park, because we have to admit that Linkin Park are taking a very long time to release albums.

They need to tour outside of LP, and in support of a well known band. That is the best way, or internet promotions.

In my own opinion I didn't really like Dead by Sunrise, a few songs I ended up listening to a few times but then it just died on me.

I think they should all focus on Linkin Park, because we have to admit that Linkin Park are taking a very long time to release albums.

Agree with both.

Chester said that he wrote songs that just dont sound like Linkin Park..so he made a side project with julien-k and they released those songs..but what if lp decided to put too late , walking in circles and into you in the upcoming cd plus 6-7 another tracks..and now we would listen to the new lp record instead of waiting it and thinking how bad is DBS .. -_-

Chester said that he wrote songs that just dont sound like Linkin Park..so he made a side project with julien-k and they released those songs..but what if lp decided to put too late , walking in circles and into you in the upcoming cd plus 6-7 another tracks..and now we would listen to the new lp record instead of waiting it and thinking how bad is DBS .. -_-

Instead, we'd be disappointed by how bad the LP record was. : P

Edited by Ash

I actually just though. Ive only heard Fire on the Radio Twice when it was people ringing up choosing what song (eg one song vs the other) DBS won both of those. But as for videos and all I haven't seen it once on Aussie TV.

Wondering if the new LP being out this year will boost awareness of DBS, more then likely serve as a huge distraction, but also DBS may get some promotion in as far as "did you know that the lead singer had another album come out like a year ago?"

i didnt think the hype is dying, there are much comments and topics out there, you can hear it in the radio and so on... but without chester DBS would be a bunch of nobodys^^ (nothing against Julien K, but it isnt very popular to most people...)

i didnt think the hype is dying, there are much comments and topics out there, you can hear it in the radio and so on... but without chester DBS would be a bunch of nobodys^^ (nothing against Julien K, but it isnt very popular to most people...)

*facepalm* ..... *denies a comment*

oh gosh, please shut up, and think before writing.

Last night, I was at a Three Days Grace concert and they used "Crawl Back In" and "Fire" during the intermission music between the bands. I also heard "Crawl Back In" on the radio on my way home. First time I have heard DBS played outside of my CD or Blackberry.

Last night, I was at a Three Days Grace concert and they used "Crawl Back In" and "Fire" during the intermission music between the bands. I also heard "Crawl Back In" on the radio on my way home. First time I have heard DBS played outside of my CD or Blackberry.

I have never heard a single Dead By Sunrise song unless I played it myself, the only people around here who have heard of them are those who I've told.

Edited by Ash

• 1 year later...

I think side projects tend to die down quickly maybe because other people like myself would think they will never make another record again? I'm starting to think side projects are a waste of time. I'm still waiting for another Fort Minor album which I know that will never happen!

Honestly I could care less about Dead By Sunrise. I didn't like their album, and even though they have a decent fanbase, i'm not suprised that their hype is dying down.

Fort Minor's hype died around 2007. Maybe once every three months or so i'll here "Where'd You Go" sneak on the radio, but other than that, they're non-existent in the radio/media world these days.