DBS Hype Dying?

hahninator

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly I could care less about Dead By Sunrise. I didn't like their album, and even though they have a decent fanbase, i'm not suprised that their hype is dying down.

Fort Minor's hype died around 2007. Maybe once every three months or so i'll here "Where'd You Go" sneak on the radio, but other than that, they're non-existent in the radio/media world these days.

I agree with you

i was never into DBS. IMO I though it was a waste of time doing that making that record/promoting it.

yeah agree with you also about "Where'd You Go" it does find it's way on the radio a few times

The only Big song that Fort Minor had was "Remember The Name" thats the only song that people know from fort minor.

No idea why the DBS forum is even still an option here. LPlive, LPA, everywhere, everyone hates DBS. It's one of my favorite albums of all time. Is there is no Fort Minor forum, why is there DBS? Just so everyone can say how shitty it is? It's not like it affected LP in any way, shape or form. If you didn't like the album, then don't listen or think about it. It was released almost 2 years ago. Why all the unnecessary hate??

It's not like it affected LP in any way, shape or form.

It did, but for the better. It let Chester do stuff that LP wouldnt normaly. Like Fort Minor for mike.

Everyone go listen to 'Fire' and 'Crawl back In' and say DBS is bad again :P

It did, but for the better. It let Chester do stuff that LP wouldnt normaly. Like Fort Minor for mike.

I love those two songs!! The whole record is amazing. Every song kicks ass.

Edited by Geki

• 2 weeks later...

I really like the entire album except for Crawl Back In. I have a very odd hatred of that song. It's so generic. Like, it's generic even for generic music. Anyone could have made that song. I could have made that song.

But the rest of Out Of Ashes is a great listen.

I want DBS back :P

Me too, you have no idea. Out Of Ashes is probably one of my favorite albums of all time, I like it way more than I like ATS, but not other LP releases. LOL. I wish DBS would release an EP on iTunes even, like with CBI, WIC and ITD acoustic from the Vegas 09 show and a studio version of 20 Eyes and some b-sides that Elias mentioned.

Me too, you have no idea. Out Of Ashes is probably one of my favorite albums of all time, I like it way more than I like ATS, but not other LP releases. LOL. I wish DBS would release an EP on iTunes even, like with CBI, WIC and ITD acoustic from the Vegas 09 show and a studio version of 20 Eyes and some b-sides that Elias mentioned.

Yeah man! Out Of Ashes is one of my favorite albums of all the time, I think I like more than ATS, and yes it would be awesome if they release an EP with those songs! I think we can start with a movement to promote more DBS :lol:

I know that LP never comes back to the old style and I don't care about it. I prefer hear more stuff of DBS songs or albums and there is a possibility of that happening, like Chester says in the chat yesterday

Maybe. I don’t know. I think I’ll probably make another one. But I think that Dead By Sunrise is something that’s gonna have to happen when I’m not busy with Linkin Park, and that could be in a long time. So I don’t know when the next one will come out.

And someone asked about if he released the acoustic songs and Chester says

I think that’s possible. I would love to put out everything we’ve done for Dead By Sunrise just out there for you guys to have. But I don’t know if that’s possible.

So maybe exists that possibility, it is better that not exist! Wake up DBS! :lol:

Edited by Andros

i really never cared for DBS, the album was very average IMO and maybe deserved more sales than it got, but due to TERRIBLE marketing it went by unnoticed. FM on the other hand was awesome and i won't mind another one, it was popular because of how well mike promoted it.

It's awesome that DBS didn't sell shit BECAUSE, it keeps the hardcore fans of the band happy that they didn't go huge and mainstream. I love DBS because I know what Chester went through during the making of it, the lyrics are really dark and the songs are melodic. The darkness in the lyrics are something LP would never touch.

It's awesome that DBS didn't sell shit BECAUSE, it keeps the hardcore fans of the band happy that they didn't go huge and mainstream. I love DBS because I know what Chester went through during the making of it, the lyrics are really dark and the songs are melodic. The darkness in the lyrics are something LP would never touch.

Agree with you, even now with this new LP is almost impossible for that to happen.

if i were to add FM and DBS, id say

Meteora>Hybrid Theory>MTM>TRT>ATS>OOA

i wouldn't mind DBS back but i prefer LP to do stuff

If I were to do the same it would be:

1. A Thousand Suns

2. The Rising Tied

3. Hybrid Theory

4. Hybrid Theory EP

5. Minutes to Midnight

6. Meteora

7. Out of Ashes

No idea why the DBS forum is even still an option here. LPlive, LPA, everywhere, everyone hates DBS. It's one of my favorite albums of all time. Is there is no Fort Minor forum, why is there DBS? Just so everyone can say how shitty it is? It's not like it affected LP in any way, shape or form. If you didn't like the album, then don't listen or think about it. It was released almost 2 years ago. Why all the unnecessary hate??

i agree man, i've always been into the rockier side of what LP did, and Out Of Ashes is just one of those albums i can listen to without skipping a single track, it's awesome, i don't understand the hate either!

I think the whole DBS section on LPL should be closed... There isn't one for FM, and there is literally NOTHING to talk about with DBS anymore seeing as how the record was released a long time ago, the record was toured, and Chester said probably not new DBS again.