DBS Hype Dying?

hahninator

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wtf how are you going to tell him whats in his CLEVELAND record store when you live all the way in MA? Go to any best buy or hot topic or fye there are MILLIONs of cds that still use jewel cases.

Geki's going to try to tell me I'm wrong no matter what I say. I'm used to it by now.

There's a bunch of DBS CD's at the hot topic store in my mall. A good amount of them are broken or cracked tho. I remember when I got mine I had to exchange mine twice. By the time I got my 3rd CD the dude was giving me this death glare saying "u come back in here again I'm gonna mess u up."

• 4 weeks later...

DBS just doesn't seem to have Warner's support.

Also, I agree with Preston in that I really don't see why Chester thinks he couldn't go to his very successful real band of years with some songs that were personal to him.

I mean, Chester has mentioned a few times that he loves the lyrics to Let Down and didn't want them changed. If he went to LP and said "look, this song means a lot to me, it's really personal, can we not change the lyrics?" Would LP really have said no? I'm not sure.

And it's not like all the songs on the album are all that more personal than LP. Chester said in an interview that he sat down and wrote the heavy part of the album (CBI, Condemned, Inside Of Me) basically in one night. To me that sounds like writing music just to fill up an album.

I guess if Chester means the songs are more personal in that *he wrote them all by himself*, then sure that's great. Congrats. Let's get back to LP now.

I actually preferred the DBS project to LP, well to LP's Minutes to midnight anyway. I don't think the hype is dead, its just Chester also has duties writing with LP and also doing vocals. More then likely there's a ton of promo planned but there just waiting for the right time.

I actually preferred the DBS project to LP, well to LP's Minutes to midnight anyway. I don't think the hype is dead, its just Chester also has duties writing with LP and also doing vocals. More then likely there's a ton of promo planned but there just waiting for the right time.

If they're waiting for the right time, they missed it.

The DBS album was out in October. Those who are buying it, have more than likely gotten it. There's about to be a ton of Linkin Park promo and touring done, so when are they going to start promoting Dead By Sunrise? 2 years after the album is out?

Whoever was in charge of promoting DBS dropped the ball HARD.

It seems barely anyone is still hyping DBS, the album and the entire project. What's up?

Bored of DBS and already ready for a new album from LP, lol? Was it a bad time to release OOA right before the biggest LPU fanclub CD ever?

maybe it's because that LP isn't in action this first half of the year. yes their new album is out this year, but DBS isn't all that good. i excepted better from them but no.

what are ya gonna do about?

The whole DBS thing sucks and you people need to get over it. 2010 is the year of Linkin and that is good news.

I wouldn't say the whole DBS thing sucks. I really enjoy Out Of Ashes and seeing them live was pretty awesome. I do agree that Chester should get fully back into LP mode though. This whole problem with DBS interfering now could have been avoided if DBS had good management to start with. Release the album in October like they did, then immediately start a world tour, they could have been done by December.

If they're waiting for the right time, they missed it.

The DBS album was out in October. Those who are buying it, have more than likely gotten it. There's about to be a ton of Linkin Park promo and touring done, so when are they going to start promoting Dead By Sunrise? 2 years after the album is out?

Whoever was in charge of promoting DBS dropped the ball HARD.

Meh, they can still claim a mulligan, I think. You see several acts nowadays releasing some suped-up edition of the CD that offers more music, a bonus DVD, you name it. Sucks for those of us who bought the original CD.

Maybe DBS could do something like this at some point, with the aforementioned promised acoustic tracks. Of course, that's hoping someone is actually interested in getting more interest from the public...

Meh, they can still claim a mulligan, I think. You see several acts nowadays releasing some suped-up edition of the CD that offers more music, a bonus DVD, you name it. Sucks for those of us who bought the original CD.

Maybe DBS could do something like this at some point, with the aforementioned promised acoustic tracks. Of course, that's hoping someone is actually interested in getting more interest from the public...

I really think DBS should release a special edition of Out Of Ashes...it could help with some more promotion and it would give back to the fans. We still don't have a lot of things such as 20 Eyes studio version, the acoustic tracks (unless they were always referring to the live ones), or even a DVD or anything. Who knows, they probably will never do this but still.