DBS Hype Dying?

hahninator

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems that people don't like it that much....

But I think it's also DBS's fault! Promotion was and still is realy bad....someone heard anything about the release of the Let down single? I can't even find the CD to buy it. tbh I don't know the tracklist of the single ....

However I like the album and I'm not bored of it. But the only thing I'm looking forward to concerning DBS is the Europe tour in January. After this tour DBS is nearly dead I think. I predict this was the first and last DBS album....

Edited by wiiesel

I think a lot of the lack of promotion can be blamed on the label not wanting DBS to compete with LP. There wasn't a new LP album on the horizon when Fort Minor came out, so it got a bigger push. At times, it almost seems like Warner wants to sweep DBS under the rug.

I suppose some blame can be placed on the band as well for not getting the album done sooner. If the album had been released a year earlier, they could've spent a good 6 months doing hardcore DBS promotion, taken a break for the New Divide-related stuff and subsequent LP tour, then done some more shows towards the end of the year and in early 2010.

Once again, Astat made a perfect point there. No Crawl Back In is aired on my country's radio stations. Fort Minor songs are aired heavily during the release of Rising Tied.

Have to blame DBS's poor music videos, too. Crawl Back In is a weird one. Let Down is even weirder (from a non-fan's point of view). But as a fan I like them as well as OOA.

Once again, Astat made a perfect point there. No Crawl Back In is aired on my country's radio stations. Fort Minor songs are aired heavily during the release of Rising Tied.

Have to blame DBS's poor music videos, too. Crawl Back In is a weird one. Let Down is even weirder (from a non-fan's point of view). But as a fan I like them as well as OOA.

Have the DBS music videos even been getting airplay on television? I haven't heard anybody mention seeing them on TV.

I've seen CBI on German MTV and VIVA...

About the DBS "hype"... I'm still in love with OOA and consider myself a fan, but it feels like the whole project is done.

-no website

-only one month of touring, there were supposed to be European shows in January but they haven't been announced yet (!)

-no special edition/DVD of the album

-nobody knows anything about the b-sides and the remaining acoustic tracks

-no information on the LD single

-the same setlists over and over again

I'd really like to see them in Germany again, but if they won't come back to Europe, I say the whole project should stop and Chester can work on LPs new record again.

I've seen CBI on German MTV and VIVA...

About the DBS "hype"... I'm still in love with OOA and consider myself a fan, but it feels like the whole project is done.

-no website

-only one month of touring, there were supposed to be European shows in January but they haven't been announced yet (!)

-no special edition/DVD of the album

-nobody knows anything about the b-sides and the remaining acoustic tracks

-no information on the LD single

-the same setlists over and over again

I'd really like to see them in Germany again, but if they won't come back to Europe, I say the whole project should stop and Chester can work on LPs new record again.

After Ulalume the hype died for me. I was like okkk time for new LP record! But everything else i agree with

Btw the same setlists part is wrong

End of The World opened at Ulalume fest :P

plus they have switched my suffering and inside of me on the setlist you have to remember this isnt LP who have 3 sets. :)

Btw the same setlists part is wrong

End of The World opened at Ulalume fest :P

plus they have switched my suffering and inside of me on the setlist

Wow! Amazing! :blink: :lol:

No, seriously, I didn't talk about rotating setlists, but what about adding a song like Into You or playing a new cover? You know, stuff like that would make me happy.

I've seen Let Down on MTV once. I don't watch that kind of shit, but accidentally saw it.

IDK... I love DBS. OOA is one of the best albums I've ever heard. Don't get me wrong, I know that a lot of people don't like it, but that's just my style of music. But yeah, I am not looking forward to anything. Even don't care much if they play Into You or GMYN, which would rock. I'd definitely prefer them stop touring and Chester concentrating on LP.

Have the DBS music videos even been getting airplay on television? I haven't heard anybody mention seeing them on TV.

Crawl back in gets airplay once in a million time here in Belgium, i was lucky to caught it 2-3 times:)

Let down video hasn't been aired as far as i know.. Fort minor videos had way more air play..

I don't think I have ever seen any of the music videos played on TV or heard any of the singles on the radio...

The CD has its moments but I think it also makes you go "Alright, that was pretty cool.....Wonder when LP will finally get the new album out..."

Edited by RedZero

The CD is just unappealing to look at to IMO. Like if I wasn't a LP fan and I didn't know who DBS were I probably would have gazed right by the album if I saw it on a shelf. I mean who uses jewel cases still? Lol. The biggest thing that disappointed me about DBS was there was no DVD/lyrics/or any bonus tracks besides Morning After which is almost identical to the 2006 remix. I hate that.

Fan or not, I don't think anyone wants my opinion on this situation but I'm going to post it anyways.

DBS is a joke and has been from the get-go. Side projects during time of writing and studio time for your main band should be totally unacceptable from a front man. Debates about how much Chester actually writes for LP aside, I'm shocked he, the other members of LP, and Warner allowed it. Like mentioned, Fort Minor was on a time of significant hiatus and downtime for LP and a good time to initiate the project. While FM wasn't extremely successful commercially, it certainly did much better than what we are seeing out of DBS.

For the amount of time seemingly put into the album it is musically boring and unfulfilling. As the great Don Gilmore established in LP in HT and Meteora as albums that can be listened to and enjoyed all the time, OOA just doesn't have that listenability.

Of course, the lack of major promotion and no website is pretty dumb. Myspace has become pathetic as a social networking site but it is good for bands... but still, they needed a full-fledged website. Ryan Shuck's answer to that on the JK boards the other day proves he is either a dumb-ass or naive one. Maybe both. Either way, DBS doesn't seemed to be managed very well.

Also, it appeared this became much more than just "Chester Bennington" with a title over it. This became a full-fledged band with Ryan and Amir writing and participating quite a bit along with some of the other members. I thought this was all about Chester? Don't get me wrong, this is his thing but it certainly feels like some of the other members had a lot more pull than at the beginning. Why Chester thinks he has to write some of his most personal lyrics with less accomplished musicians like Ryan Shuck rather than the very loyal Mike Shinoda and Co. is beyond me. Perhaps Chester has an issue with his participation with LP. You never know.

Tours? The touring situation for DBS has been a joke. They either need to sign up and open for Alice in Chains on their upcoming US tour or do some club gigs. If not, they need to sack it. The whole project seems like a waste. While CBI is getting pretty good airtime here in Atlanta (peaked at #7 on our main station), on the flipside, they were also labeled "Death by Sunrise" the entire time on the website Top 10 songs main page. Tell you something? No one really cares about this band outside of you people on sites like this. I don't know ONE fan of DBS in my personal life (well, except for Mark).

Either way, the band doesn't seem to have an identity, and to answer the question, yes, the DBS hype, the little that was overall, is dying and almost gone. And as an LP fan, I think thats tremendous news.

Get DBS out, and LP in.

Um...no? Have you walked into a fucking record store lately??? :blink:

Funny, I was just at an independent record store in Cleveland the other day that has a stock of over 10,000 CDs, and I'd say a good 90% of them were in jewel cases.

Um...no? Have you walked into a fucking record store lately??? :blink:

Um... yes? I kinda fucking have. I also work in Asda, the UK version of WalMart. We sell CD's. So yeah thanks.

Funny, I was just at an independent record store in Cleveland the other day that has a stock of over 10,000 CDs, and I'd say a good 90% of them were in jewel cases.

Thank you!