LPU 9.0 CD Discussion

hahninator

My opinion on LPU9 is a little weird.

It is, hands down, the *BEST* LPU package to date. 9 demos with 1 of them being a demo of a song we never got to hear. It's actual exclusive content this time (with apparently an awesome free download still waiting).

That said, these aren't songs that I'll be blasting on my iPod anytime soon. And they shouldn't be, they're demos. Incomplete pieces of music.

A lot of people have been giving Across The Line a lot of love. As an exclusive demo, I love it too. However, I can't agree with anyone saying it should have been on MtM (you In Between hater people! :P One of my favorite LP songs. THOSE lyrics are beautiful.), at least as the song is on this CD. I'm sure if the song had been completed and put on MtM the lyrics would have gone through some fine-tuning. "It's your time" is just filler. The song is extremely poppy, so as for the song itself, it's not going to be getting a bunch of plays from me.

However, that isn't the point of LPU9. The point was to give us exclusives, things we've been asking for. And LP and the LPU fucking delivered.

I hope you guys get the point I was trying to make. It's obviously the best LPU package we've gotten IMO. My favorites are Sad (seriously. awesome.) and Fear.

Edited by Xero21

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A.06 (Original Long Version 2002) - I really like this demo. Way better than the short demo we got on LPU 2.0. I feel like this song could write it's own lyrics. You can tell that the Linkin Park format is there and you can almost hear the words scream from the song. A-

Faint (Demo 2002) - I LOVE the raw guitar. The new(old?) lyrics are amazing. Its sad that Chester's chorus isn't there, but I imagine there will be remixes with it in there soon enough. All in all, a great demo. A-

Sad (By Myself Demo 1999) - This and one other song (we'll get to that later) are really the only low points of the CD. I enjoyed the intro on the song very much. I wish it was on the final version. The sound of the 'By Myself' is there but lack of a guitar makes it sound really weird and out of place. Its too short to get a good taste, but it is a unique and interesting look on the creation of 'By Myself'. C+

Fear (Leave Out All The Rest Demo 2006) - Mike is AMAZING! I still prefer the final version's lyrics, only if Mike sang The chorus lyrics are my new favorite Linkin Park lyrics. The rapping aspect of the demo would have been great on the final version. 'Don na na na!' B+

Figure.09 (Demo 2002) - This is definitely a more rocking version than the final version. I really like Chester's chorus, but the final version is way better. What really makes this song for me is Chester screaming 'No turning back!!!'. It sends it over the top for me. A-

Stick N' Move (Runaway Demo 1998) - This is the other low point of the CD. I'm happy we have it but, it doesn't add much to the CD. One good thing about it is the sample in the middle of the track. It makes it a short but sweet instrumental. C-

Across The Line (Unreleased 2007 Demo) - This is the best track on the CD. This is a key track MTM was missing along with 'NRL'. This should have replaced 'In Between' and 'NRL' replace 'Valentine's Day'. It kind of reminds me of 'In Pieces' but I'm not sure why. I can really hear the 'don na na na' in my head while listening. The scream is awesome! Great song! A+

Drawing (Breaking The Habit Demo 2002) - This is a great instrumental version of 'BTH'. Several key differences make this a great demo. The long intro sets it apart from the final version. The drum beats toward the end sound a little spastic, but still cool. B+

Drum Song (Little Things Give You Away Demo 2006) - Mike makes this song. His vocals are great and he should do a lot more singing in Linkin Park. The different drum beat is also sweet and adds a new twist to the song. I also like that the song doesn't really kick in till about a minute into the song. It really builds up the song. Great way to close out the CD. A-

My opinion on LPU9 is a little weird.

It is, hands down, the *BEST* LPU package to date. 9 demos with 1 of them being a demo of a song we never got to hear. It's actual exclusive content this time (with apparently an awesome free download still waiting).

That said, these aren't songs that I'll be blasting on my iPod anytime soon. And they shouldn't be, they're demos. Incomplete pieces of music.

A lot of people have been giving Across The Line a lot of love. As an exclusive demo, I love it too. However, I can't agree with anyone saying it should have been on MtM (you In Between hater people! :P One of my favorite LP songs. THOSE lyrics are beautiful.), at least as the song is on this CD. I'm sure if the song had been completed and put on MtM the lyrics would have gone through some fine-tuning. "It's your time" is just filler. The song is extremely poppy, so as for the song itself, it's not going to be getting a bunch of plays from me.

However, that isn't the point of LPU9. The point was to give us exclusives, things we've been asking for. And LP and the LPU fucking delivered.

I hope you guys get the point I was trying to make. It's obviously the best LPU package we've gotten IMO. My favorites are Sad (seriously. awesome.) and Fear.

+1 :D

You can't take these songs as there own complete song, there not. People are forgeting they are earlier rougher versions, not created to be listened to by a fan. To me they are really intresting to just see how they developed and what they decided to drop or include to a song. Its for sure the best LPU we've had.

A.06 - So right to cut it short, I'm not going to lie, the "extra" bits on the demo don't do the song any justice, again like all these demos still interesting to see a song at an earlier stage.

Faint (Demo 2002) - They fixed the song up nicely to produce the final version, the demo has some interesting lyrics, but you can tell Mike's are all rough. I actually thought I was listening to the EMT remix the first 20 seconds or so. Still there are some strong points on Mike's lyrics but everything else was improved on well in the final.

Sad - Its annoying me how people are saying this is crap, as its own song of course it is, 95% of demos are always going to be worse than the original, they're only listened to, to note on development and this again, was most definitely put together to only be a core very rough demo, and it illustrates how the song came together nicely.

Fear - I'm loving the feeling and structure on this more so then the original, it packs more "punch", they could have fixed this up nicely to become a much better final song, like with most of the tracks, this was very demo was only made to be what it is, a demo. The lyrics are simple but a lot more affective to me, I actually prefer the "danadana" to the LOATR chrous. I'm definetly going to enjoy listening to this, as its own song.

Figure.09 - Fixed up for the final very nicely, a solid clear stem on this demo for the final, no notable stronger elements they could have left in the final.

Stick N' Move - Very different from the original Xero song and Runaway, LP "improved" on this so much that it’s not really anything similar. Not good to listen to as its own song though.

Across The Line - It is unique LP song, you can definitely tell it’s an MTM song, the structure and production on this is incredible and so are the vocals, but a lot of the lyrics defiantly need some work in place such as "loading it full of his goodbyes", is just a week line for me. With a bit of work this would have been preferred on the album.

Drawing - I can't really see why this could have been thrown out as an instrumental, lyrics fit over it perfectly (with obvious tweaking to some of electronic break-down). The more electronic feel, I'm defiantly enjoying enough to listen to this as its own song.

Drum Song - Very intresting to hear this, and I feel LP cheated a little bit on this, they took a complelty un-political demo and made it all of a sudden about Katrina. I've always hated the fact LP have gone all political on some of there newer tracks, it doesn't suit them, they are too specfic and opionutaed (not that I don't agree with anything they are putting across). This had potential to have turned into such a better song.

lol at all the 50 cent reference comments

do you really listen 2 50 cents albums or just one song and bash it ?

Just something i had 2 say.

As far the LPU 9

Damn it sounds badazz :| Across The Line really stood out

i instantly starting singing the da nanas when the chorus came

I would like to know, why the hell are people disappointed with the demos. Do you people not understand the concept of what a demo means? You know, a song in its early stages, an idea that leads to the finished product. <_<

Like seriously, it's just absurd when people expected the demos to be polished, and finished songs with full lyrics. demos most of the time are not play worthy as a song. I'm glad the Stick N' Move we got was that 30 second instrumental. Serves people right for demanding something they have no understanding for. You requested demos, the band gave it to you. They never said you'd like it. Obviously they didn't like it hence how it transformed into the finished product. :rolleyes:

On more important matters,

The only song i was looking forward to was Across the Line: I loved it on first listen and thought it was definitely album worthy. I wonder why they cut it. This would be my question at the next LPU chat.

The Demos: I don't care much for unfinished songs so i don't care much for demos. The only ones i like are the Breaking the Habit and A.6 Instrumental because i love instrumentals.

I just picked the CD up at a Best Buy in Philly, and there really isn't anything bad about this LPU except the really short and vocal lacking hybrid theory demos. Everything else pretty much kicks ass. A-Six isn't a copy paste version of A.06 and has a kick ass chorus. Mike sounds like his old young self on Faint's demo, and I liked how they used the power-chords that they showed Brad playing in the making of Meteora. Fear really took me by surprise. Its a completely different song and yet it still fits really well. Figure.09 was pretty cool, but I would've liked to have heard the original rap verses that Mike had on there. Across The Line is growing on me with each listen. LP was definitely right in keeping it off of MTM cause the feel I got from that song isn't the same vibe that track list gives as a whole, and I like how you can still hear the old Japan demo melody. Drawing was pretty sweet. I love when LP uses live strings and hearing them along with the crazy beats and samples really hit home. Plus I liked how Brad's guitar riff had some effects thrown on it. Drum song, in my opinion, is the best song on this CD next to ATL. I like the absence of all the guitars and the added keyboard through out. Plus I just think Mike really did great with the vocals and harmonies. Overall, great LPU CD. Most likely the best, and a definite improvement over last years disappointment.

I would like to know, why the hell are people disappointed with the demos. Do you people not understand the concept of what a demo means? You know, a song in its early stages, an idea that leads to the finished product. <_<

Like seriously, it's just absurd when people expected the demos to be polished, and finished songs with full lyrics. demos most of the time are not play worthy as a song. I'm glad the Stick N' Move we got was that 30 second instrumental. Serves people right for demanding something they have no understanding for. You requested demos, the band gave it to you. They never said you'd like it. Obviously they didn't like it hence how it transformed into the finished product. :rolleyes:

On more important matters,

The only song i was looking forward to was Across the Line: I loved it on first listen and thought it was definitely album worthy. I wonder why they cut it. This would be my question at the next LPU chat.

The Demos: I don't care much for unfinished songs so i don't care much for demos. The only ones i like are the Breaking the Habit and A.6 Instrumental because i love instrumentals.

Couldn't agree more with you :P

Whoever asked why there's so much in between hate, here's your answer: The song sucks; I'm a Mike fan and still cannot get myself to even remotely like it.

Once again you have failed to understand the difference between fact and opinion.

i loved ATL - fucking awesome track and should have been on the album

the other demos were cool BTH - with the reanimation sounds

fear - another great track wanted it to be a bit longer (sounds like an early demo cuz of length)

but with mike singing makes the song epic

drum song - same a fear but cuz the music isnt put as it was on m2m sounds a bit weird to me

a-six - an ok song aint had much time to check it out cuz so stoked on ATL, fear and faint but from the minute i heard sounds cool its good to have the full version

sad - the first 20 secs got me confused but once it got to 35 secs sounded very good with the drums

faint - different intro (emt remix?) lol guitar sounds insane lol

fig9.0 - lyrics could have been reused - i loved them

S&M - wanted something longer with lyrics but shows the progression of the song

overall i love lpu9 and cant wait to get it

imo this is the best lpu by far maybe next lpu get some more unreleased stuff on a end note thanks lp for listening to the fans

Once again you have failed to understand the difference between fact and opinion.

in between is a song that u like or dont like end of - shows a different side of MS

that's what i wanted to say, too... :rolleyes:

i personally love the song. and what in between is for you (spraipaintninkpens), that's bleed it out for me... or better said 'was', cause since i heard this song live, i started to like it... so, don't post opinions as if they were facts!

that's what i wanted to say, too... :rolleyes:

i personally love the song. and what in between is for you (spraipaintninkpens), that's bleed it out for me... or better said 'was', cause since i heard this song live, i started to like it... so, don't post opinions as if they were facts!

100% agreed. Bleed It Out is my least favorite song from MTM lol