LPLive Stats

hahninator

I'm not the guy that usually examines statistics or anything, but Sotrix brought up some interesting stats to me today when we were chatting. I thought I'd share a few that I thought were neat.

When you talk about "unique visitors", the term refers to how many DIFFERENT people across the world visit the website. In October 2008, we had 21,032 of these. In October 2009, we had 52,733. You guys over doubled it.... Wow! Of course, this number changes ALL the time. Since LPLive covers, you know, the live shows, we always get a LOT more visitors when LP starts a tour. For example, in July 2009 we had 103,603 unique visitors totaling 181,486 visits, 1,016,761 pages viewed, 26,814,914 hits, and 1,211.80 GB worth of bandwidth. Ouch!

We've got 5.11% of people using dialup, 6.5% on Macs, 1.34% on iPhones, and 0.04% on Wii's. People check out LPL from their phones and Wii's? Haha, dang.

Randomly, Germans spend an average of 10 minutes and 53 seconds on the site while Americans are just at 2 minutes and 53 seconds. Hmmmm.... And the top 10 countries with visitors to LPL: USA, Germany, Ukraine, China (!), Russia, England, Brazil, Poland, Spain & Canada with several thousand interestingly from Mexico.

And lastly, 74% of visitors last month were "direct" visitors. This means that you visited LPLive either by typing it into your browser or clicking a bookmark you had...it means you didn't get here via Google, Yahoo or any other search engine. 15,563 people that did that in October. Wow!

These numbers aren't "extraordinary" by any means of course but I just thought I'd give you all an update on how LPL is doing these days. I truly mean it when I say thank you. I never thought this "project" would get this far in just several years. You guys are really cool & supportive and I'd just like to say that I really appreciate it. If anything, this makes me feel like I need to "step it up", get 4.0 out sooner, get more stuff for you guys, get t-shirts done, etc...I'll see what I can do!

Thanks guys! I hope in 2010 we'll continue to grow!

In October 2008, we had 21,032 of these. In October 2009, we had 52,733. You guys over doubled it.... Wow!

We've got 5.11% of people using dialup, 6.5% on Macs, 1.34% on iPhones, and 0.04% on Wii's. People check out LPL from their phones and Wii's? Haha, dang.

Randomly, Germans spend an average of 10 minutes and 53 seconds on the site while Americans are just at 2 minutes and 53 seconds. Hmmmm.... And the top 10 countries with visitors to LPL: USA, Germany, Ukraine, China (!), Russia, England, Brazil, Poland, Spain & Canada with several thousand interestingly from Mexico.

And lastly, 74% of visitors last month were "direct" visitors. This means that you visited LPLive either by typing it into your browser or clicking a bookmark you had...it means you didn't get here via Google, Yahoo or any other search engine. 15,563 people that did that in October. Wow!

Thanks guys! I hope in 2010 we'll continue to grow!

we have to thank you guys at LPL for this great site and always giving us so many infos, just seconds after they were posted somewhere!! why are the germans longer time on that page? hmm... maybe the most of them have to learn english and read the text 2-3 times before they understand? could be possible xD

so Germany has visited this page 2. most, thats very nice!!!

wow it's nice to know what device the users are using^^

but wtf is "dialup"?

wow so many visitors, thats fantastic!!

great job LPL continue like this!!!

Haha, I'm not suprised....

Lplive is the most uptodate 'LP fansite' when it comes LP/Chester/Mike/DBS related news.

Maybe LPlive should open a gallery with pictures of live shows, events, magazines, M&G.... that'd be cool :)

so it will be an ALL in ONE fansite :P

Keep up the good work! :)

Edited by Tomer

now you have an answer why LP did a lot of concerts in Germany... There are just A LOT of fans here. And many hardcore fans I think.

Nice stats anyways, keep up the good work. And please don't try to be an all in one fansite, all in one is what destroys most of the promising things today. you're good at what you're doing and that's quiet a lot atm, looking forward to 4.0 ^^

but wtf is "dialup"?

It's a pre-historic way of connecting to Internet. Though, it seems that some people still use it.

I abandoned it somewhere around 2004 or 2005.

And yeah, Ukraine amongst countries that visits that site most of all...

Could it be me visiting it few times a day, :lol: ?

• 4 months later...