• Into You
    • End Of The World
    • Walking In Circles
    • In The Darkness

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"SHOCKHOUND: What's the most personal song on this album for you?

BENNINGTON: Every single one of them is pretty personal, but I think the most important one for me is Give Me Your Name."

>>Source<<

I read this interview today... So the forum-voted worst album song is Chester's favorite.

But that is pretty interesting since GMYN is not on his setlist... Thoughts?

Edited by Trang

"SHOCKHOUND: What's the most personal song on this album for you?

BENNINGTON: Every single one of them is pretty personal, but I think the most important one for me is Give Me Your Name."

>>Source<<

I read this interview today... So the forum-voted worst album song is Chester's favorite.

But that is pretty interesting since GMYN is not on his setlist... Thoughts?

thats a question i ask myself as well. Who knows... Its all up to speculation

The reason he doesn't want to play Give Me Your Name live is probably because he doesn't want people to boo him and tell him that the most important song he has ever written sucks because it's not heavy/doesn't have hip-hop in it. LP fans in general tend to forget that DBS isn't LP and it has absolutely nothing to do with LP so obviously it's going to sound different. It's common sense.

The reason he doesn't want to play Give Me Your Name live is probably because he doesn't want people to boo him and tell him that the most important song he has ever written sucks because it's not heavy/doesn't have hip-hop in it. LP fans in general tend to forget that DBS isn't LP and it has absolutely nothing to do with LP so obviously it's going to sound different. It's common sense.

I also think it might be too personal for him to play it live in front of a bigger crowd. Especially since he used it as his wedding song, so maybe he doesn't want to destroy these beautiful memories by playing it to a big crowd that might also not be responding to it that well!

Edited by immortalsoul

I also think it might be too personal for him to play it live in front of a bigger crowd. Especially since he used it as his wedding song, so maybe he doesn't want to destroy these beautiful memories by playing it to a big crowd that might also not be responding to it that well!

Exactly. I don't blame him for not wanting to play it live, I wouldn't want to if I was him. Into You and In The Darkness both might not be played for the same reasons. I know DBS played In The Darkness acoustically this Summer but that was when nobody knew anything about DBS so he probably felt more comfortable.

Exactly. I don't blame him for not wanting to play it live, I wouldn't want to if I was him. Into You and In The Darkness both might not be played for the same reasons. I know DBS played In The Darkness acoustically this Summer but that was when nobody knew anything about DBS so he probably felt more comfortable.

I actually think "In The Darkness" is kinda made to be played acoustically when it comes to performing that song live. And it might have been too stressful for the guys to pick up their acoustic guitars during the short sets that they already had. But maybe we will get to hear it in the future--maybe even the studio version ;)

• 1 month later...

Or maybe they don't play Give Me Your Name live because there are a million vocal tracks on the chorus and nobody in the band to sing them.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

End of The World is a song you easily forget about but it has a nice rock vibe.

Fire, Crawl Back In,Too Late,Into You and Walking In Circles are the best..

In The Darkness is freakin awful..sorry you guys that love the song :P

Edited by VavourasLP

there are no bad songs just songs i hardly listen to or i press skip would probably have to be fire and too late.

End of The World is so epic

i mean you just want to sing along with the whole

Common Enemy Hypocrisy Common Enemy Theocracy and that whole scream haha. great rocking track

• 1 month later...

@Ash: the falsetto singing makes his voice so different from what we are (very) used to that it makes it hard to accept.

BTW, we now have 92 votes and WIC is the only song that had no votes whatsoever.