• Into You
    • End Of The World
    • Walking In Circles
    • In The Darkness

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Studio version insn't bad, that's true. But with this electronic thing in this song..it's destroy the song, I think. The Acoustic song, is full of harmony and melodic. And a other reason why I don't like, is because it's remined me an a German Band called "Pur".

You wanna hear ? Click !

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Interesting...I agree that Give Me Your Name is the worst song on the album...shhh don't tell Talinda.

And it is such a bad Pink Floyd wannabe song...but I don't blame Chester. And if you don't know what I'm talking about, listen to Marooned or On The Turning Away by Pink Floyd.

Edited by HybridThe0ry97

• 2 weeks later...

Interesting...I agree that Give Me Your Name is the worst song on the album...shhh don't tell Talinda.

And it is such a bad Pink Floyd wannabe song...but I don't blame Chester. And if you don't know what I'm talking about, listen to Marooned or On The Turning Away by Pink Floyd.

Agreed 100%, lol. Definitely the worst song on the album.

I like DBS, but most of the songs were mediocre, and nothing really stood out. Interesting stlye, but a bit too bland and generic IMO.

• 2 weeks later...

What he said! they should make another record with better promotion and maybe a DVD like Linkin Park

Ryan and Chester are hilarious together

I wish a making of DVD came with OOA. There was one with FM and almost all LP releases. It sucks. I would have loved to see the way the songs evolved, not just Let Down and Morning After. I'd like to see some footage from 2005-2006 and then when they recorded the album again in 2008-2009.

• 3 weeks later...

Agreed. "And I fall into the ocean" part is just breathtaking!

Personally, I can't bear My Suffering....

I love the vocals in GMYN, really powerful, yet simple. And it's a side of Chester we had never seen anything close to prior to it's release.

I love My Suffering too. Idk. There isn't really any DBS tracks that I don't like. Maybe Morning After because I used to listen to the Julien-K remix for years before the actual album version came out, as well as numerous live recordings.

I always thought Crawl Back In was the worst by far.

Lyrics are incredibly simplistic. "Sometimes I laugh, sometimes I cry, sometimes I feel like I wanna die." Wow. Lyrical genius.

It's a pretty generic lead single type song.

• 3 weeks later...

I always thought Crawl Back In was the worst by far.

Lyrics are incredibly simplistic. "Sometimes I laugh, sometimes I cry, sometimes I feel like I wanna die." Wow. Lyrical genius.

It's a pretty generic lead single type song.

Well, DBS was very much a generic standard rock record. That's what the band was aiming for. Not to sell a million records or be different. CBI is really straight forward, musically and lyrically, but you have to see, this is what a good majority of the record is like. WIC and a few others have really good, deep, dark lyrics, while the rest is just straight forward rock songs with a straight forward lyrical message. I think the lyrics in CBI were just telling what he was going through, not trying to create a character and be advanced like in LP lyrics.

• 4 weeks later...

^ That's what I dislike so much about Dead By Sunrise.

That's what LP is for buddy. To not be a certain sound, and not to allow people to categorize them. DBS was basically a collection of 'rock' songs that Chester has written over the years, and he got together with Ryan and Amir while he was getting divorced, lived with them, and they made the album, then later recorded in in 2008 and released it in late 2009. I think if DBS was released in 2005-2006, a LOT of people would view it differently. It came out at a bad time. There wasn't much time for the record to get toured, and LP already changed their sound with MTM and were recording ATS, so it came out in a time where nobody wanted LP to sound 'nu-metal'.