LPU 8.0 Newsletter Released

Xero21

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So what are the chances this new unreleased song will be She Couldn't?

None, I would hope. I think Adam is aware of the backlash they would receive if that was the unreleased track because we already have it.

It also said the song was brand new, so it can't be that.

Edited by spraypaintninkpens

So what are the chances this new unreleased song will be She Couldn't?

Zero. Promise.

If She Couldn't is on there (which I highly doubt anyway), it'll be one of the 8 demo tracks.

Edited by Astat

No Roads Left - Chester vocals. :)

Possible?! I think so.

What are the demos from HT we don't have yet... I mean, we have plaster, the untitled, points and authority, super xero, now I see, crawling, carousel, multiple 'esauls', and part of me...

The only ones that leaves are demos for Runaway (Stick n' Move) Forgotten (Rhinestone) Cure for the Itch, and Pushing me Away from HT, and High Voltage, My December, Step Up, and Technique (short) from HTEP. You can almost count Stick n' Move and Rhinestone as demos for Runaway and Forgotten... hence the parentheses. You can almost count out anymore HTEP demos, but it would be pretty sweet. Technique (Long) would be nice. :) haha. Maybe that's the Cure for the Itch demo... who knows. I can dream, damnit.

I'm anxious to see demos from Meteora, since "they don't exist." :) lol

And, as for MTM, NRL(BO) with Chester would be freakin epic. Mike's is great, but I'm interested to see why they chose his over Chester's. Not knockin either of them, just curious...

No Roads Left - Chester vocals. :)

Possible?! I think so.

What are the demos from HT we don't have yet... I mean, we have plaster, the untitled, points and authority, super xero, now I see, crawling, carousel, multiple 'esauls', and part of me...

The only ones that leaves are demos for Runaway (Stick n' Move) Forgotten (Rhinestone) Cure for the Itch, and Pushing me Away from HT, and High Voltage, My December, Step Up, and Technique (short) from HTEP. You can almost count Stick n' Move and Rhinestone as demos for Runaway and Forgotten... hence the parentheses. You can almost count out anymore HTEP demos, but it would be pretty sweet. Technique (Long) would be nice. :) haha. Maybe that's the Cure for the Itch demo... who knows. I can dream, damnit.

I'm anxious to see demos from Meteora, since "they don't exist." :) lol

And, as for MTM, NRL(BO) with Chester would be freakin epic. Mike's is great, but I'm interested to see why they chose his over Chester's. Not knockin either of them, just curious...

Uhh, there's a demo of Forgotten/Rhinestone from Hybrid Theory already (and no, I'm not talking about the Xero tape one). There are multiple demo versions of Points of Authority, Super Xero, Esaul, Crawling, Part of Me, and Carousel. You also failed to mention Papercut.

There are also no demos from the HTEP whatsoever, the demo versions of Part of Me and Carousel were recorded AFTER the HTEP, for consideration for use on the Hybrid Theory album. There isn't a long version of Technique either. And why did you say My December is from the HTEP? It's not...not by a long shot.

And there's no rule that says demos of every song have to exist somewhere. There may not be alternate versions of Papercut, Runaway, Pushing Me Away, Cure for the Itch, etc. that exist anywhere. Plaster and Now I See aren't "demos" either, they're alternate mixes of the same recordings that are on the album. Mike's even said that there isn't an earlier version of Plaster/OSC that exists, so not every song has a demo version.

Stick N' Move is not a demo of Runaway, they're completely different songs that happen to share a riff. LP uses pieces of discarded songs in new songs all the time - the chorus of Crawling was originally the bridge of another song, the riff in Given Up was originally from a demo called Fire in the City, the instrumental portion of Breaking the Habit originally came from an instrumental called Drawing...etc.

Edited by Astat

LPU9 PREMIER PASS, HERE I COME!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LPU vinyl??? AWESOME!!! LPU patch??? Jackets, clothing, backpack??? Are you kidding??? THIS IS AWESOME!!!! Demos??? OMG!!!!! BRAND NEW LP SONG????

Guitar pick again?? Guys this one will be THE BEST LPU PASS EEEEE----VVVVVV------EEEEEE------RRRRRRR!!!!!!! I'm so fucking excited!!! Can't wait! Two months to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) :) :) I bought the LPU8 Premier Pass and the LPU9 Premier Pass is going to ROCK!!!!

Edited by Eddie

k i'm signing up this year! I know we're not allowed to post links, but can someone at least summarize what they said on the newsletter? Or PM a screenshot? I don't have LPU and really would love to see what exactly the letter said...If not, i understand :(

What he said.

I hope it is MTM demos tbh, any earlier demos will just sound like every other LP demo. Atleast with a MTM demo or track you won't know what to expect.

When they say NEW UNRELEASED TRACK I kinda take that as it was just recently recorded, not one from MTM or something.

This is what I'm kind of hoping for. First - Getting demos from HT, Meteora, MTM... Then - Getting something that has been recorded during there new album phase. Could be a track to give fans a heads up of whats coming?

Who knows... Like I said, we'll know in December... or until Adam gives us more news... :)

If someone has told me that we'll get 8 demos and a new song, I would have told him that he's crazy. I can't believe! Awesome!

I'm sure we'll get What I've Done demo. About the others - I don't know. Hopefully we'll get NRL with Chaz, but I doubt about it. The new song? Hope it's from these recordings sessions. Hell yeah!

I am really looking forward for that New Divide demo that Mike played on LPTV

In not so many words i get what i deserve or whatever

and the chorus was so let it rain now to blalala to wash this mmrs clean , right?!

I hope we get new unreleased song rather than an old unreleased track like She Couldnt... Also an unreleased b-side from M2M would be cool too...

What he said.

I hope it is MTM demos tbh, any earlier demos will just sound like every other LP demo. Atleast with a MTM demo or track you won't know what to expect.

Really now, I'm pretty sure bth sounded completely different from any other lp song previously to that point; I'm not sure how you can say all meteora demos would sound the same. Anyways they said demos of hit tracks on ht, meteora, mtm so I would assume 2 from each and a new song.

Edited by spraypaintninkpens