LPU 8.0 Newsletter Released

Xero21

If I got to pick the 8 demos that I wanted...I would pick Given Up, Faint, Papercut, Bleed It Out, Don't Stay, Leave Out All The Rest and two from the Meteora/Minutes sessions. I'm not interested in hearing anything from Hybrid Theory except for a Papercut demo, if that is even possible. Even if they are unreleased Hybrid Theory demos like She Couldn't, I still would much rather have Meteora demos.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My prediction of tracks for this CD (not in order):

01. Faint (Demo)

02. Crawling (Demo)

03. Somewhere I Belong (Demo)

04. Breaking The Habit (Demo)

05. In The End (Demo)

06. The Little Things Give You Away (Demo)

07. Bleed It Out (Demo)

08. Leave Out All The Rest (Demo)

09. New Song

That'd be cool if they had demo names, like Accident, etc. I would of course prefer a majority of Meteora demos too since we have absolutely NOTHING from Meteora in terms of demos, and plus, the band said they deleted them all...so those will be surprising.

If it was my choice, I'd want Figure.09 since it's so different...Lying From You or Don't Stay. I say we'll get ITE/Crawling since they have to put material from HT on there and those are the 2 biggest HT songs. No way we'll get Plaster, but Papercut would be EPIC. Let's see what they give us..... I'm really excited.

My prediction of tracks for this CD (not in order):

01. Faint (Demo)

02. Crawling (Demo)

03. Somewhere I Belong (Demo)

04. Breaking The Habit (Demo)

05. In The End (Demo)

06. The Little Things Give You Away (Demo)

07. Bleed It Out (Demo)

08. Leave Out All The Rest (Demo)

09. New Song

That'd be cool if they had demo names, like Accident, etc. I would of course prefer a majority of Meteora demos too since we have absolutely NOTHING from Meteora in terms of demos, and plus, the band said they deleted them all...so those will be surprising.

If it was my choice, I'd want Figure.09 since it's so different...Lying From You or Don't Stay. I say we'll get ITE/Crawling since they have to put material from HT on there and those are the 2 biggest HT songs. No way we'll get Plaster, but Papercut would be EPIC. Let's see what they give us..... I'm really excited.

If they put TLTGYA with mike on lead vocals...

Icandiehappynow

If they put TLTGYA with mike on lead vocals...

Icandiehappynow

Yes. This.

Did you see the LPU referral contest video from when LP was in the studio recording MTM? They played that clip of TLTGYA with Mike on lead vox.....hoooooly shit. A part of me died when I heard that...so epic. Epicness of all epicness from MTM man, damn.

If they put THAT on the CD, I will build a shrine to the LPU in my back yard.

Yes. This.

Did you see the LPU referral contest video from when LP was in the studio recording MTM? They played that clip of TLTGYA with Mike on lead vox.....hoooooly shit. A part of me died when I heard that...so epic. Epicness of all epicness from MTM man, damn.

I stumbled upon that randomly on youtube a few months back. Awesome.

I can't wait for the MTM demos, I dont care what people say, these are going to be the most exciting, as god knows what they sound like. We can expect HT and M demos to sound similer to what we know LP as they used to be.

The new song is obviously going to be the highlight mind. Correct me if im wrong did someone say it was from a recent session or a B-side from MTM or an old album ? not sure

The new song is obviously going to be the highlight mind. Correct me if im wrong did someone say it was from a recent session or a B-side from MTM or an old album ? not sure

No one has confirmed either way but I would guess it's a recently recorded song. That just seems to be LP's style with this sort of stuff.

Kinda like Mike in the LPU chat saying "why re-record Xero songs? wouldn't you rather have new music?"

They're always moving forward. But you never know.

Mike said there's not gonna be any MTM b-sides.

No one has confirmed either way but I would guess it's a recently recorded song. That just seems to be LP's style with this sort of stuff.

Kinda like Mike in the LPU chat saying "why re-record Xero songs? wouldn't you rather have new music?"

They're always moving forward. But you never know.

I completley agree with him really. Its nice to have old stuff as part of History and stuff, but id rather listen to MTM or new album songs/B-sides ANY day. If anything because atleast you won't know what style the tracks will be.

Yeah I hope to hear 'Fire in the City' I think thats what the bleed it out demo was called

Actually, Fire In The City was the demo title for Given Up, which later changed to 21 Stitches and then Given Up for the final title. I'll list all the demo titles I know for Minutes To Midnight songs, I know some Hybrid Theory and Meteora ones too so I'll post those I guess.

Plaster (One Step Closer)

Now I See (With You)

Points & Authority (Points Of Authority)

Super Xero (By Myself)

Untitled (In The End)

Esaul (A Place For My Head)

Rhinestone (Forgotten)

Sick (Don't Stay)

Drawing (Breaking The Habit), so I've heard

I also know their are demo titles for Figure.09, From The Inside and I think Somewhere I Belong and Hit The Floor too but I can't think of them. As for MTM:

Armada (Wake)

Fire In The City, 21 Stitches (Given Up)

Fear, When My Time Comes (Leave Out All The Rest)

Accident (Bleed It Out)

Song Q (Hands Held High)

Ebow Idea (No More Sorrow)

Pictures (In Pieces)

Drum Song (The Little Things Give You Away)

Patients (No Roads Left)

Like I said, I'm sure there are tons out there I just can't think of them all right now.

Edited by Geki

I am really looking forward for that New Divide demo that Mike played on LPTV

In not so many words i get what i deserve or whatever

and the chorus was so let it rain now to blalala to wash this mmrs clean , right?!

I hope we get new unreleased song rather than an old unreleased track like She Couldnt... Also an unreleased b-side from M2M would be cool too...

We don't know if that piano version of New Divide was ever actually recorded. And the "new song" is...well, new. It's not going to be She Couldn't.

I have a question, those demos are old that everyone has already heard or will be unreleased?

The newsletter says they're from all 3 studio albums and we don't have any from Meteora or Minutes to Midnight, so...

One thing people are forgetting is the newsletter said "studio album hits".

"Hits" can honestly mean anything. It's not like they're going to come out and say that a song WASN'T a hit and say something negative about it. I'd say demos of any song from the 3 albums are fair game.

hopefully we arent all getting our hopes up for demos we already have...

I think it would be cool if they included:

-studio version of reading my eyes

-studio pushing me away piano (which very well could have been a HT demo maybe)

-transformers rejects

-an extension of Lockjaw with lyrics and everything (gotta admit that would be SICK cuz the instrumental experiment Mike did for pro tools was nasty and left me wanting more)

Idk i'm just pumped for it. kinda bummed though cuz my LPU expired a month or so again so I have no idea what the newsletter said :(

I guarantee that there won't be a studio version of RME, PMA piano, or an extended version of Lockjaw on there. They wouldn't have released Lockjaw in the first place if it wasn't finished. There are already in-studio recordings of PMA piano (Walmart Soundcheck, Stripped Music), it's not like a multitracked recording of it would make it any better/different than what we've already heard. And the band has said several times that they see no point in re-recording old songs. However, Chester's said that his audition tape for the band was him singing along to instrumental versions of the Xero tape songs, so perhaps those versions exist somewhere (though I doubt we'll get any of them).

Mike said there's not gonna be any MTM b-sides.

Where did he say that? Every reference I've seen the band make to MTM b-sides seems to indicate that there are a few finished, but unreleased tracks that they'd like to release at some point.

Actually, Fire In The City was the demo title for Given Up, which later changed to 21 Stitches and then Given Up for the final title. I'll list all the demo titles I know for Minutes To Midnight songs, I know some Hybrid Theory and Meteora ones too so I'll post those I guess.

Plaster (One Step Closer)

Now I See (With You)

Points & Authority (Points Of Authority)

Super Xero (By Myself)

Untitled (In The End)

Esaul (A Place For My Head)

Rhinestone (Forgotten)

Sick (Don't Stay)

Drawing (Breaking The Habit), so I've heard

I also know their are demo titles for Figure.09, From The Inside and I think Somewhere I Belong and Hit The Floor too but I can't think of them. As for MTM:

Armada (Wake)

Fire In The City, 21 Stitches (Given Up)

Fear, When My Time Comes (Leave Out All The Rest)

Accident (Bleed It Out)

Song Q (Hands Held High)

Ebow Idea (No More Sorrow)

Pictures (In Pieces)

Drum Song (The Little Things Give You Away)

Patients (No Roads Left)

Like I said, I'm sure there are tons out there I just can't think of them all right now.

Wake was never called Armada, Armada was a different seed. The seed for Wake was "WAKE Album Intro Idea," as seen in the seeds folder on the Making of Minutes to Midnight. Fire in the City wasn't really a demo for Given Up either, it was a different song that was scrapped, and parts of it were later used in Given Up. No Roads Left was also alternately titled "No Roads Left But One."

Where did he say that? Every reference I've seen the band make to MTM b-sides seems to indicate that there are a few finished, but unreleased tracks that they'd like to release at some point.

In the LPU chat he said there's not going to be any MTM b-sides on LPU 9. The reason I said that of course was because Subs was asking if that's what the new song was going to be. I already know there's only going to be demos of songs we already have so don't bother telling me :P

Edited by Aiman

Yes. This.

And people are going to think you're weird and call the local mental institution to come get you. :lol:

In all seriousness, Mike on vocals in TLTGYA would be awesome. Another vocal switch i would like would be Chester on No Roads Left. I am very curious as to why Mike's vocals were chosen instead of Chester's especially when the song called for a high vocal range that I wasn't sure Mike had with the high notes and all.

Although i do love the freshness of Mikes voice in that song. His singing voice has a haunting quality that makes me excites me. ;)

In the LPU chat he said there's not going to be any MTM b-sides on LPU 9. The reason I said that of course was because Subs was asking if that's what the new song was going to be. I already know there's only going to be demos of songs we already have so don't bother telling me :P

I remember him saying it I just think anythings possible at the moment, with resurrected Meteora demos and demos on a LPU CD.... :rolleyes:

I want "She Couldn't" remastered, Chester singing "No Roads Left", or Mike singing "Little Things." Anything else is gravy.

Anything else is gravy? :huh:

I would love to get a full version of Mike singing TLTGYA but who knows if we will. Didn't Mike sing almost all of the demos for MTM? I think the DVD might have said that or I read it somewhere. I want to hear Fear with Mike singing in full badly as well. An earlier version of BIO would be sick since the song apparently underwent 100 different changes. It would be really interesting to hear.

Anything else is gravy? :huh:

I would love to get a full version of Mike singing TLTGYA but who knows if we will. Didn't Mike sing almost all of the demos for MTM? I think the DVD might have said that or I read it somewhere. I want to hear Fear with Mike singing in full badly as well. An earlier version of BIO would be sick since the song apparently underwent 100 different changes. It would be really interesting to hear.

I think the only MTM demos Mike sang originally that were changed to Chester later on were TLTGYA and LOATR. Maybe Valentine's Day too.

wow i cant wait for lpu 9!! i wonder if they are gonna sell it on best buy again :rolleyes:

that's the only place where im able to get lpu :(

I dont see why they wouldnt. It helps kid's with parents who wont pay for accounts and those who dont want to wait for packages

I dont see why they wouldnt. It helps kid's with parents who wont pay for accounts and those who dont want to wait for packages

yeahh i dont have a credit card and my parents wont lend me theirs :(

so they better sell it on best buy!

Edited by mariana