LPU 8.0 Newsletter Released

Xero21

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After reading all these posts and the newsletter, my geuss is that the new track will have a similer background to what QWERTY went though (i.e, not being suited for the new album, but still a decent track) but I'm almost 100% sure they wouldn't put any new ablum tracks on a LPU CD anymore.

One thing people are forgetting is the newsletter said "studio album hits".

I'm pretty sure the HT demos will be ones we alredey have, but with a chance of a Papercut one as well.

The Meteora demos will be the gold in it all (presumeing the HT demos unrealsed), and will make a very intresting interview question after they stated they wiped them all. My geuss (not simply because I want to hear them): Breaking the Habit, Somewhere I Belong and Faint.

The Minutes to Midnight demos are easy, my geuss: Shadow of the Day, Leave Out all the Rest and maybe TLTGYA with mike's vocals.

hopefully we arent all getting our hopes up for demos we already have...

I think it would be cool if they included:

-studio version of reading my eyes

-studio pushing me away piano (which very well could have been a HT demo maybe)

-transformers rejects

-an extension of Lockjaw with lyrics and everything (gotta admit that would be SICK cuz the instrumental experiment Mike did for pro tools was nasty and left me wanting more)

Idk i'm just pumped for it. kinda bummed though cuz my LPU expired a month or so again so I have no idea what the newsletter said :(

Uhh, there's a demo of Forgotten/Rhinestone from Hybrid Theory already (and no, I'm not talking about the Xero tape one). There are multiple demo versions of Points of Authority, Super Xero, Esaul, Crawling, Part of Me, and Carousel. You also failed to mention Papercut.

There are also no demos from the HTEP whatsoever, the demo versions of Part of Me and Carousel were recorded AFTER the HTEP, for consideration for use on the Hybrid Theory album. There isn't a long version of Technique either. And why did you say My December is from the HTEP? It's not...not by a long shot.

And there's no rule that says demos of every song have to exist somewhere. There may not be alternate versions of Papercut, Runaway, Pushing Me Away, Cure for the Itch, etc. that exist anywhere. Plaster and Now I See aren't "demos" either, they're alternate mixes of the same recordings that are on the album. Mike's even said that there isn't an earlier version of Plaster/OSC that exists, so not every song has a demo version.

Stick N' Move is not a demo of Runaway, they're completely different songs that happen to share a riff. LP uses pieces of discarded songs in new songs all the time - the chorus of Crawling was originally the bridge of another song, the riff in Given Up was originally from a demo called Fire in the City, the instrumental portion of Breaking the Habit originally came from an instrumental called Drawing...etc.

Sorry for the misinformation. I was excited, and it was 4am, so I wasn't really thinkin straight. I didn't necessarily mean Rhinestone and Stick n' Move were demos. I meant what you said, basically that they were "embryos" of later songs. But, I shoulda had my shit straight more than I did, and I figured someone would have something to say about it. Figured it'd be you. haha. I'd take offense if it were anyone else.

And, I guess that my idea of a demo and alternate mix is kinda the same. I know it shouldn't, but, it's easier for me to think it that way. My bad. lol.

Thanks for clearing it up.

I still can't wait, though. LPU9 FTW.

One thing people are forgetting is the newsletter said "studio album hits".

You guys read way too far into the stuff we write. haha. Trust me, we don't write news posts word by word to be tricky.

Do you think the pic in the newsletter is the final cover for the LPU 9 CD?

Looks cool...

yup.

So track list would be

1 new track

2 demos from Hybrid Theory (we honestly have enough of HT demos)

3 demos from Meteora

3 demos from Minutes to Midnight

I hope the new track is from or is going to sound like the new album

Hybrid Theory demos : I hope it's material we haven't hear yet !

Meteora : Faint, Figure 09, Somewhere I belong, Breaking the Habit, Numb (I want !!!)

Minutes to Midnight : Obviously I want LOATR with Mike vocals, but I want to hear Japan demo from the making of, and also In Pieces and Valentines Day)

BUBBLES ! BUBBLES ! :D

What pisses me of a little bit is that Anstice got to ask the questions for the Rob interview. I'm not having a problem with her but that's the same girl that had one M&G already and even attended the secret MFR show earlier this year. Oh well. Life's not fair.

What pisses me of a little bit is that Anstice got to ask the questions for the Rob interview. I'm not having a problem with her but that's the same girl that had one M&G already and even attended the secret MFR show earlier this year. Oh well. Life's not fair.

that irked me a bit as well.

A. she worked really hard for the MFR prize. That wasn't just some lucky thing. She had to work to win that.

B. Meet and Greets are totally random. I know you guys think its a conspiracy, but believe me, it's not at all.

C. Her questions for Rob were awesome.

Chill out.

Edited by Adam

A. If I remember correctly, that SocialVibe contest was only for US-residents, so people from other parts of the world (who could have worked harder then she did) couldn't participate.

B. I don't think it's a conspiracy. But it's sometimes a little bit unfair, don't you think?

C. I agree.

And everything's allright man. I'm happy about LPU9 and I didn't even enter the Rob interview contest. It's just a little thing I've noticed.

A. If I remember correctly, that SocialVibe contest was only for US-residents, so people from other parts of the world (who could have worked harder then she did) couldn't participate.

B. I don't think it's a conspiracy. But it's sometimes a little bit unfair, don't you think?

C. I agree.

And everything's allright man. I'm happy about LPU9 and I didn't even enter the Rob interview contest. It's just a little thing I've noticed.

Keep in mind also that it was a socialvibe contest. We had nothing to do with it.

Unfair how? It's already totally random. I dont think we could make it radomer. (new word)

We definitely try to make everything as fair as possible. Legal reasons keep us from doing more international contests. It's way more complicated than you could imagine. But we'll keep doing giveaways and hooking you international members up with exclusives like the Germany show and anything else we can.

As always, I do always love hearing your feedback on things!

Edited by Adam