LPU 8.0 Newsletter Released

Xero21

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm hoping for demo versions of (Faint, Given Up, Figure.09, Papercut, Leave Out All The Rest, Bleed It Out, No More Sorrow, Don't Stay, Lying From You) and I'm excited for the unreleased track. I wonder what it will sound like.

The HT-related demos will probably be ones we've heard before, and I wouldn't be surprised if one of the unused Transformers 2 songs winds up on there as the new track.

Also, I just love revisionist history. How many times have members of the band said that they don't keep demos and delete everything that doesn't get used, particularly when talking about Meteora? Just goes to show that Warner even has control over what the band says.

I'm almost more excited for the vinyl than the CD.

The HT-related demos will probably be ones we've heard before, and I wouldn't be surprised if one of the unused Transformers 2 songs winds up on there as the new track.

Also, I just love revisionist history. How many times have members of the band said that they don't keep demos and delete everything that doesn't get used, particularly when talking about Meteora? Just goes to show that Warner even has control over what the band says.

I'm almost more excited for the vinyl than the CD.

Maybe the band doesn't keep the unused stuff, but Warner does? Though they did say they straight up got rid of the Meteora demos. Interesting.

With LP's change in style do you guys think they will do a full on song with just Mike rapping? Not like HHH but a song with distortion, crash cymbals, etc that's more than just an instrumental loop. What do you guys think?

Sorry, I'm thinking about this new song too much lol

i like being optimistic, and i wanna hear the new song. but some or most of the demos could be the ones most of us have heard already. obviously, i hope not

Well we really only have demos from Hybrid Theory and Reanimation (which will not be on the LPU CD). The only demos from Meteora and Minutes to Midnight we heard are the ones from LPTV and DVDs.

..WOW,I'm still shocked!!

I think we'll get some demos we heard before (like ITE or Crawling aka Massive Hits) and a lot of MTM era like LOATR with mike on vocals or the World Famous "6th string track"...nothing or almost nothing from Meteora...

But, HELL YEAH!! a full new track!!

!!!!this can't be more fucking exciting!!! :lol:

Edited by jurhiat

I believe I am going to renew my LPU membership because of this, I haven't had one for a couple years because of the letdown that was 7.0 and 8.0

I've been in the LPU for 2 and a half years and LPU 8 was the best by far. There's more than just the CD. They had so many contests. I won two of them and received probably around $100+ worth of stuff for free.

I've been in the LPU for 2 and a half years and LPU 8 was the best by far. There's more than just the CD. They had so many contests. I won two of them and received probably around $100+ worth of stuff for free.

Nice! Trust me, these will continue and hopefully get even better.

I think he was referring to the 7.0 and 8.0 CD's...but nonetheless, I agree with you. I've been in the LPU since 4.0 and I think 8.0 was so far the best year to be honest. They really have worked on giving back to us during 8.0.

Adam, thank you so much for all of this. I was thinking that the next year of LPU was really a put up or shut up type of year. With the relative disappointment with the mmm...cookies CD, morale was extremely low. With this package, you really show that MSM, WMG and LP in general really listens to the fans. +1 for going all out, and heres to next year, best LPU year ever!

Edited by Papelbon

Adam, thank you so much for all of this. I was thinking that the next year of LPU was really a out up or shut up type of year. With the relative disappointment with the mmm...cookies CD, morale was extremely low. With this package, you really show that MSM, WMG and LP in general really listens to the fans. +1 for going all out, and heres to next year, best LPU year ever!

What he said. :P

Nice! Trust me, these will continue and hopefully get even better.

Can't wait! B)

I think he was referring to the 7.0 and 8.0 CD's...but nonetheless, I agree with you. I've been in the LPU since 4.0 and I think 8.0 was so far the best year to be honest. They really have worked on giving back to us during 8.0.

Ya, i know lol I mentioned that there's more to the LPU than the CD. Ever since LPUHQ became part of the LP community things have really gotten so much better. I can only imagine if LP became a part of it :rolleyes: