Pomona Post-Show Discussion

• Replies 535
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You do realize Linkin Park is a huge band right? That's been around like 10 years or so? They need something new, they really don't have to be playing single single they have at this point in the tour.. especially the last show. Linkin Park should care about their hardcore fans moreso than a fan who barely even knows their music. It's because of those hardcore fans that they are where they are at in the first place.

LP do care about their hardcore fans, but this isn't LP's night. It's Tool's and the Tool fans who are casual LP listeners got to listen to all their radio singles. Obviously, a show that appeals to the hardcore fan would have treats like Runaway, Figure 09, etc. LP also made room for DBS as well. When 2010 rolls around, they're gonna have 4 albums and ND to cycle through. Expect the singles and some rarities.

Edit: Next year is 10th Anniversary of Hybrid Theory, the "deep-cuts" are going to be in there, definitely.

Edited by LPPhan2005

You do realize Linkin Park is a huge band right? That's been around like 10 years or so? They need something new, they really don't have to be playing single single they have at this point in the tour.. especially the last show. Linkin Park should care about their hardcore fans moreso than a fan who barely even knows their music. It's because of those hardcore fans that they are where they are at in the first place.

for the love of God

its not like im saying that they should play the same set for the rest of their lives

im saying for a summer tour

why not play the same set

its not like they are going ever where playing the same set

and im pretty sure that the so called ""harcore fans"" arent following them thro Europe-to Asia- Back to the states.. the majority of the crowd..this was their first time seeing LP this year..they could careless if the set is the same considering this will be the first time THEY saw it

Edited by JacobHavik

sorry dude. your wrong. LP needs to play the singles for a world tour. They care about the hardcore fans and that is why the setlist we get is so diverse and they change intros and flip songs different ways but you have to play the songs that EVERYONE knows cuz those are the songs that people came to see live. the person who is like...I like that one song they did will go to a concert and be blown away and then buy their albums and appreciate all the others songs...but they are gonna wanna see "Their song and chances are that song is SINGLE. LP is huge but there is always a higher level

Guys, LP played the same setlist the whole tour. Keep in mind this tour wasn't for any specific reason other than to break from the studio. You really can't expect much from the band like that when they are making a new album.

So chill, and respect the fact that they even are putting up DSPs for us.

*staring at the banhammer....*

anyways. I liked this set tonight. Only thing that i didnt like was the obvious lag but other then that it was pretty good. ND was insane. DBS was amazing too. Honestly i see the band going far. But Chaz needs to drop the micstand jesus lol

LP do care about their hardcore fans, but this isn't LP's night. It's Tool's and the Tool fans who are casual LP listeners got to listen to all their radio singles. Obviously, a show that appeals to the hardcore fan would have treats like Runaway, Figure 09, etc. LP also made room for DBS as well. When 2010 rolls around, they're gonna have 4 albums and ND to cycle through. Expect the singles and some rarities.

I just hope they won't just exchange songs, but extend the setlist. I mean, look at U2 or GreenDay...They are older than all the lp members and play longer shows...

sorry dude. your wrong.

and who the hell are YOU to say that?

edit: i wasn't even paying attention to either argument, i just saw that and it bothered me, so i'm not particularly on any side or trying to get in any shit with you guys

Edited by LINkin0827

Edit: Next year is 10th Anniversary of Hybrid Theory, the "deep-cuts" are going to be in there, definitely.

I disagree, I don't think it really matters if LP opened that night. But w'e, i have my opinion, and you have yours.

Hey neat, there's actually a bass player there! Maybe he should turn his amp on!

Things to do to make this concert decent:

1. Get Chester on pitch

2. Turn Phoenix's bass amp up

3. Kill the spotlight guy

Then we're having a decent show.

Ew. Chester sounds horrible.

WID & LOATR = two of the worst performances of these songs ever.

And on comes a weak Numb too. Chester has always struggled with the softer songs live, but maybe he should take this as a hint that MAYBE the softer songs shouldn't follow screaming ones. JUST MAYBE CHESTER.

Well this is horrible.

That piano outro started out good but got REALLY awkward sounding at the end.

You'd be lying if you said the middle portion of that wasn't horrible though.

Chester is really struggling with this one, but it's at least better than the others...not quite acceptable for a band of this popular and making this much money, but ehh.

If being off key and struggling with notes and singing nasally = doing a good job then yeah, you're right. I prefer singing on key, hitting notes and singing properly though.

DIFFERENT STROKES I GUESS

STOP BITCHING

LP fans hating LP was so 2007…

Real mature conversations going on here.

Solid performance by the band. This is the only show they played in the US this year, so in a way the setlist was completely new for everybody at that show. Chester is never perfect, but he sings and screams his lungs out every night, so you can't really expect him to be. But he always gives it 110%, in case you didn't see him running and jumping around. Fuck whoever threw that damn water bottle and ruined the show for Mike, he looked like he was having fun 'til then. Kudos to Brad tonight, he seemed to really be enjoying himself. Dead By Sunrise was spot-on, as usual. Chester always sounds great when he sings those songs. Overall, good show. Fine setlist. I'm not gonna ask any of you to stop complaining, because I know you won't. There's my review of their last show of the year. Goodnight.