Pomona Post-Show Discussion

• Replies 535
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so i think this is most immature show thread LPlive has ever had. I think the whining level exceeded the mmm...cookies whining. Honestly i do. Not sure if you guys wanna be proud of that but y knowwwww.

Anyways. So someone wanna up the DBS vids? Or if not just wait for some DSPS in like 2010 haha

so i think this is most immature show thread LPlive has ever had. I think the whining level exceeded the mmm...cookies whining. Honestly i do. Not sure if you guys wanna be proud of that but y knowwwww.

Anyways. So someone wanna up the DBS vids? Or if not just wait for some DSPS in like 2010 haha

Dude, Creed was awesome. Wanna try to meet up for next time Manson is in town?

Anyway, I'm pissed about that fucking bottle but I'll post some stuff I noticed.

- Brad played the harmonics intro to PMA during the 2nd ITE verse I'm 99% sure.

- Chester sounded great on WID I'm not sure what everyone else heard.

- OSC outro had a Faint-esque little solo type thing goin on.

- My Suffering in semi high quality kicked my ass and I wasn't even at the show.

- Joe "messed up" the intro to Crawling but the note he played wasn't off-key so it didn't really matter.

- Everyone seems to think Chester's screaming was great but singing was off, I'm not sure why I'm thinking the opposite.

- Rob's hair reminds me of a little girl when it's up like that. He also sped through the solo.

EDIT: - Ryan's G string broke during Crawl Back In. Yes, his G string. The third string on the guitar you perverts.

I also think it's funny how people could complain about LP not caring about the fans enough when Tool wouldn't even allow KROQ to webcast their performance for the fans that couldn't make it.

Edited by Xero21

Tonight was alright, just like every other show they've played since the "MTM" songs got old.

My concern with Linkin Park is a futuristic one. I'm anxious to see what their setlist will look like 2 albums (or 10 hits) from now. LP insist on playing every single at every show, and at the current pace, "staples" like POA will eventually be cut. The rotating setlists idea is a small step in the right direction. Rotating singles would be an even better concept.

I recorded the whole show but still need to compress the video and make 1 video of it. But that will be something when i wake up (6.20am now)

yes! put here if you could make a smaller file

i really liked this show, isn't so bad as seems, i liked dbs, fire is a cute song, and i loved the screams in my suffering

mike seems sad and tired, the bottle thing turned his off, sad thing, if the crowd don't like lp, please respect them

So people not happy about a performance is now considered immature.. lol wow.... interesting.

See it everyone is entitled to their own opinion. But when you post (not saying you) pointing out every single thing you dont like in 3-5 different forms it gets a tad old.

See it everyone is entitled to their own opinion. But when you post (not saying you) pointing out every single thing you dont like in 3-5 different forms it gets a tad old.

Ok, yeah I agree. It is annoying hearing... Chester sucks..... chester really sucks.....chester really really sucks......

It's just a little frustrating for fans who think he has had better days, and for some of us to want LP to actually be spontaneously once in their career and do something pretty drastic and take a chance.

Ok, what I was trying to say earlier isn't working so let me try to rephrase myself. I am not saying people shouldn't say "Oh tonight was a bad performance, I didn't like it," or even "I hated tonight's show," or something like that. But this is a Linkin Park fansite people, signing up here to say things like "Chester sucks, or Mike is gay," or something like that is just pointless. Once again, I am aware that I am not a staff member or moderator on the forums, but I'm sure anyone else who agrees with me that doesn't work here would say the same thing. Say what you want, but also remember, this is a FAN SITE FOR LINKIN PARK. Try not to say stuff that disses the band on a site that is dedicated to them.

Ok, what I was trying to say earlier isn't working so let me try to rephrase myself. I am not saying people shouldn't say "Oh tonight was a bad performance, I didn't like it," or even "I hated tonight's show," or something like that. But this is a Linkin Park fansite people, signing up here to say things like "Chester sucks, or Mike is gay," or something like that is just pointless. Once again, I am aware that I am not a staff member or moderator on the forums, but I'm sure anyone else who agrees with me that doesn't work here would say the same thing. Say what you want, but also remember, this is a FAN SITE FOR LINKIN PARK. Try not to say stuff that disses the band on a site that is dedicated to them.

agree with u

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=J9VF4O8O

11. Breaking The Habit (Broken Part)

12. Shadow Of The Day

13. Hands Held High (Intro)

14. Crawling (Intro HHH)

15. In The End

16. Bleed It Out

----

17. Crawl Back In

18. Fire

19. My Suffering

---

20. New Divide

21. Faint

22. One Step Closer

Video: MPEG4 Video (H264) 640x480 [Video]

Audio: MPEG Audio Layer 3 44100Hz stereo 96Kbps [Audio]

Video Size: 640 x 480

Media Length: 00:47:48

Just because we realize that Linkin Park isn't perfect, and that we notice something we don't like doesn't mean we don't like LP as much as a person who blindly supports them.

Ok, I apologize for my prediction. I shouldn't have made the prediction that No Roads Left would be performed tonight when 75% of people or more probably knew it wouldn't be. I even knew deep inside that it would be a complete shock if it was played. Anyway, I'm a tiny bit disappointed with the set list I guess but that's nothing new. At this point, being that this is the last show of 2009 and possibly the last show before the new album, I think it's safe to say that No Roads Left will never be performed live, at least at a regular concert. I could maybe see it being performed at an LPU event or gig but even that is doubtful.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=J9VF4O8O

11. Breaking The Habit (Broken Part)

12. Shadow Of The Day

13. Hands Held High (Intro)

14. Crawling (Intro HHH)

15. In The End

16. Bleed It Out

----

17. Crawl Back In

18. Fire

19. My Suffering

---

20. New Divide

21. Faint

22. One Step Closer

Video: MPEG4 Video (H264) 640x480 [Video]

Audio: MPEG Audio Layer 3 44100Hz stereo 96Kbps [Audio]

Video Size: 640 x 480

Media Length: 00:47:48

thanks a lot!

My Epicenter Review:

First of all, i hate non-LP produced festivals because of the set times the band have to play.

I missed everyone on the Monster Stage because they were all boring.

Atreyu was better at last years Projekt Revolution.

But they had the same energy, just without that oomph.

Didn't care for Wolfmother.

Watched Alice in Chains. They were bloody awesome. I never really liked their music but their live show just won me over instantly. Their songs sound way better live. I fell in love with the new lead singer William Duvall. Personally, i prefer him over Layne. His style rocks. I'm all ready for the new era of Alice in Chains.

As for Linkin Park. Really loved them today. They were just as addicting and brilliant as they were in Westwood back in June.

Chester seemed to be giving it his all. I loved the piano intro Mike did with Breaking the Habit. That was the most beautiful moment of the entire concert. Mike actually gave a wicked smile. Brad was a lot more audience interactive. Phoenix was stoic as always. Rob was awesome. I thought Chester's voice was awesome. He was really trying his best. The only time his voice wasn't up to par was in Shadow of the Day which really has to do with the song. I've always felt Shadow of the Day was more of a studio song. I never thought i would like Dead by Sunrise, but i fell in-love with Chester's passion, and the songs. I will definitely be buying the album now.

Chester looked so sweet when he held onto the microphone when he sang Numb or Leave Out All the Rest.

Onto the worst part of the concert. Rude Tool fans. I wanted to kill whomever dared to throw a bottle at Mike's keyboard. That was rude, uncalled for, and stupid. People like that ruin concerts for the rest of us. I was really happy LP played before Tool because i was able to leave afterwards.

I was so edgy the whole time and impatient. I wanted Alice in Chains to keep playing but i wanted Linkin Park to come on. It was a hard moment to be in. I almost got squished to death at the front and managed to escape to the back where it was safer for my ribcage. WHoever came up with crowd surfing and mosh pits needs to be shot.

I really loved Linkin Parks performance. The Hands Held High acapella and verse over the reanimation Crwaling intro was awesome and spine tingling. Mike was in his zone.

I wish this wasn't LPs only North American Show. I can't wait to see them again live. I will be there when their album comes out.

Linkin Park is one of the bands out there that don't get the respect they deserve.

For the records, A certain group of Tool fans who were complete assholes were the vocal minority who were intent on ruining the show for everyone else and shouldn't influence people's opinion.

Bu the crowd could have been more energetic. They were boring most of the time. Probably because most LP fans are passive listeners.

Well just got back from the concert and have to say I was very pleased.

I agree chester wasn't at his best during the slower songs but standing 2 people away from the front in the dead center I could tell that he was really giving it his all for each song. DBS played good but the majority of the crowd hated them. At least 3 bottles were thrown at DBS and they were consistently boo'ed and flipped-off after each song (or at least the crowd around me were). when DBS finished I could tell Chester was pissed; he just stormed off the stage. When LP came back for their second encore the TOOL fans just got even more pissed, which led to the bottle being thrown at Mike. With both Mike and Chester not being happy with the crowd, I felt the second encore was a bit weak.

I really think DBS is great but coming out during the LP set was not a good idea. If LP was headlining the show it would of been fine but coming out to a bunch of anxious TOOL fans was a bad choice. Would have made more sense to me if DBS came out to play their own short set list outside of LP's.

Aside from the disrespectful TOOL fans I really had a good time and enjoyed LP's set. (Yes, even though it was the same)

PS: I caught a drum stick from Rob but some TOOL fan who couldn't stand LP insisted on taking it for his "rock band set" LOL....