Pomona Post-Show Discussion

If they want people to go see them play, then they better hope they change the setlist around

That's a little over the top.

You realize the next time they tour there will be a new album right? Of course the setlist will be different, there will be new music to play.

• Replies 535
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

damn i feel bad for them.. after an overseas tour they come home to play one show, IN los angeles, and they get shit thrown at them, multiple messups, and their biggest unofficial fanbase (yes, that would be US) giving them shit too.

well props to THEM for putting up with everything for all of us

WORD. Amen to that shit.

I saw 4 shows on this tour and loved every single one of them. Tons of energy, some BADASS performances, awesome crowd. Mike did Reading My Eyes for me so I am eternally grateful. I wanted to hear it more than anything and he did it :)

Badass tour. Got some amazing stuff this time. Session, Dedicated, RME, both NMS/WID long intros in a set, HHH, ND, everything. Saw DBS twice.

Had a great time this year and can't wait to do it again in 2010. LP was excellent. Another good show to wrap up a tour but I dunno why everyone is bitching. Performance looked magnificent to me. I'm sure if you were there you'd love it lol.

Mike just like jetted off at the end. They all seem more exhausted than usual. Serves them well, they had a good tour.

I do agree that it wasn't necessary for drastic changes between sets for this tour. They haven't been practicing around with songs lately, just writing new ones, so it's easier for them to play the same set over and over again, as it doesn't really take anything out of them. They don't have to think about how they're gonna mix it up each time. At least we got some treats from Mike.

And for anyone in the US that's gonna see them in tour next year, be glad that this tour was done in Europe and Asia. Next year you get new songs, a completely new setlist, and a well-rested Linkin Park.

If they want people to go see them play, then they better hope they change the setlist around

well if they are making only one stop to each city anyway then why bother chnage the set

just like every other band that tours

you dont see them changing their sets to often

and ppl watch them play

Good show! Not the best ne but no one can give a 100% all the time. Now they should rest and release the new album.. as well as prepare for the tour in 2010.

@those who are complaining about the setlist: it's the only show in the US as far as I know. Assuming, the fans didn't see or hear all the shows in Europe and Asia, they won't care about whether or not LP changed the setlist.

lol really? The could do the same setlist and still pull in thousands of people. And stop bitching, the setlist will have to change next year with the new album.

I have:

11. Breaking The Habit (part)

12. Shadow Of The Day

13. Hands Held High (Intro)

14. Crawling (Intro HHH)

15. In The End

16. Bleed It Out

----

Dead By Sunrise

17. Crawl Back In

18. Fire

19. My Suffering

---

20. New Divide

21. Faint

22. One Step Closer

Anyone want it?

Video: MPEG4 Video (H264) 640x480 [Video]

Audio: MPEG Audio Layer 3 44100Hz stereo 96Kbps [Audio]

Video Size: 640 x 480

Media Length: 00:47:48

the show is over, time flies

Mike had a few issues in the show(his guitar was out of tune and he almost got hit with a water bottle). LP should of headlined. Tool is a great band but yea they have horrible attitudes and LP is way bigger then them. who really wants to follow LP after all that cuz...uh who really knows Tool songs like that.

as for this ridiculous argument....they only played 18 shows. most bands dont even switch up their set list on tours so we got lucky during the minutes to midnight touring cycle so stop bitching. better for them to play a solid single set every show than to keep switching up things. and that set was soild!!!! Dedicated to me was such a treat. like Mike really listened to what we asked for. and as for he Chester has a powerful voice but is not on key everynote so what!! he puts on a great show.

oh and Dead by sunrise kicks ass!!! and im not sayin that cuz I love LP. they are good in their own right

And for anyone in the US that's gonna see them in tour next year, be glad that this tour was done in Europe and Asia. Next year you get new songs, a completely new setlist, and a well-rested Linkin Park.

They seemed very well-rested to me when I was in Europe. I got new songs, I got a new setlist and I got a well-rested LP when I saw them four times this year.

Saw some shit I thought I'd never see live.

I have:

12. Shadow Of The Day

14. Crawling (Intro HHH)

15. In The End

16. Bleed It Out

----

Dead By Sunrise

17. Crawl Back In

18. Fire

19. My Suffering

---

20. New Divide

21. Faint

22. One Step Closer

Anyone want it?

yes please :)

This is a little random, but when did he start doing that? I know it was sometime in 2007, but that just confused me the first time I heard it a year ago, and it's just been nagging at me.

I can't remember it occurring in any shows prior to 2007. We were able to hear it occurring at some of the Projekt Revolution shows thanks to the DSPs.

I liked it. was laggy, chester wasnt his best. but was still good.

As for all of you complaining about the pauses and stuff. THis was a free webcast to us all. So be glad it was there. It is unfortunate we cant see tool. They put on an amazing visual/audio performance live. But i suppose the lower quality of the webcast wouldnt portray that properly.

WORD. Amen to that shit.

I saw 4 shows on this tour and loved every single one of them. Tons of energy, some BADASS performances, awesome crowd. Mike did Reading My Eyes for me so I am eternally grateful. I wanted to hear it more than anything and he did it :)

Badass tour. Got some amazing stuff this time. Session, Dedicated, RME, both NMS/WID long intros in a set, HHH, ND, everything. Saw DBS twice.

Had a great time this year and can't wait to do it again in 2010. LP was excellent. Another good show to wrap up a tour but I dunno why everyone is bitching. Performance looked magnificent to me. I'm sure if you were there you'd love it lol.

Yeah I'm not sure why everyone is saying this performance was so bad. Chester sang the shit out of What I've Done, Numb, Breaking The Habit (the softer songs where he can tend to sing a little off-key.)

I'd be willing to bet a lot or most of the people there had no fucking clue about the sets in Europe/Asia.

And I swear if I had seen whoever threw that bottle I would have decked him in the fucking face and gotten thrown out of the show. Disrespectful fuck.

well if they are making only one stop to each city anyway then why bother chnage the set

just like every other band that tours

you dont see them changing their sets to often

and ppl watch them play

You do realize Linkin Park is a huge band right? That's been around like 10 years or so? They need something new, they really don't have to be playing single single they have at this point in the tour.. especially the last show. Linkin Park should care about their hardcore fans moreso than a fan who barely even knows their music. It's because of those hardcore fans that they are where they are at in the first place.

Has Mike ever played the keyboard (over the synth note) during the New Divide intro before tonight?

First show for that was Grafen. He expanded it over time in Asia to make it longer. So yeah every show from Grafenhainichen until now he has done it.

I have:

12. Shadow Of The Day

14. Crawling (Intro HHH)

15. In The End

16. Bleed It Out

----

Dead By Sunrise

17. Crawl Back In

18. Fire

19. My Suffering

---

20. New Divide

21. Faint

22. One Step Closer

Anyone want it?

I would appreciate the DBS songs :)

I have:

12. Shadow Of The Day

14. Crawling (Intro HHH)

15. In The End

16. Bleed It Out

----

Dead By Sunrise

17. Crawl Back In

18. Fire

19. My Suffering

---

20. New Divide

21. Faint

22. One Step Closer

Anyone want it?

can you split the songs, or will you put it up in one file? either way, thanks a ton and i'll take it :P

but if you can split them up, i want only DBS. that's not to say LP wasn't that good (i thought they were pretty good), but we don't have rips of DBS in this quality yet, so it takes priority for me.