Pomona Post-Show Discussion

@stevie? which internet connection you have and where are u from?

/e: anybody intrested in rapidsharelinks?

i could upload the video on rs ... i got an upload from 100 - 250 kbytes^^

Edited by maatze

• Replies 535
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@stevie? which internet connection you have and where are u from?

/e: anybody intrested in rapidsharelinks?

i could upload the video on rs ... i got an upload from 100 - 250 kbytes^^

I'm from Belgium, where internet sucks :) (uploading with 80kb/sec)

5 more minutes and its ready

stevie? some description for the vid? VideoQuality and so one? some songs cut?

Well it was recorded with Fraps (means my whole screen was taped, so you can see the volume bar etc of the webcast). I recorded it on the High Resolution webcast.

Video: 1680x1050, DivX 6.8.3 Codec, 30 fps

Audio: 192kbps, 44100Hz

Filesize: 868MB

Edited by stevie

So people not happy about a performance is now considered immature.. lol wow.... interesting.

People not being happy isn't immature, but the fact everyone constantly complains about the same thing and absolutely rips the band apart in a thread about one show is slightly too far...

Ok.. its really bad that they thrown after mike.. (reminds me on the show where phx thrown a guitar after mike)^^

but I think it was a very BAD idea that DBS played durring LP set.

I was thinking about to go on a concert but i didnt do it this year and i am happy about it.

because apart from that LP wasnt really headlining.. i would buy tickets for LINKIN PARK not DBS!.

and I know that the majority doesnt agree with me but, when somebody says that he and his band wants to be the best live band an there is a 18 song setlist... sry but the LP tickets arent cheap anyway....

well lets wait for Project Revolution X

What's the thing about phoenix throwing a guitar after mike?

I can barely understand what you're saying because it doesn't make sense but why would an 18 song setlist hinder an attempt to be the best live band :blink: and LP tickets really aren't that expensive in all fairness, not when it's their own show - maybe when it's another festival that's hosting them but not their own shows - they're reasonably priced :)

The amount of bitching in this thread about the setlist is just utterly ridiculous. They played one North American show in 2009, this was it, and they played some cool stuff in it that they haven't done in North America before and yet people still bitch like hell about it.

That's just sad. You can not like the set but some of you take it too far. I feel embarrassed that so many people on my site get so upset over what they play. If you were at the show I'm sure you'd love it. And about DBS, yeah it sounded really weird at first but after you saw it it was awesome. Who the fuck cares if you paid money for LP, it's an extra bonus. LP could just do 19 songs like they did at over half the shows on the tour and go home, but they let DBS do 3 songs at some shows to extend it 20 mins BUT you still complain about it. DAMN.

This is not some rotating setlist tour, it's an escape from the studio tour where LP plays what they're comfortable playing and goes out and has a good time with everyone.

If it was a normal tour with 30 dates and rotating setlists OF COURSE I would say that changing a verse over POA isn't changing the setlist but DAMN they could have just done 19 songs the entire tour with Petrified/There They Go over Points like the first show had and gone home back to the studio.

Mike went out of his way to spice up the shows just for the hardcore fans so they'd have some cool stuff to enjoy if they had seen LP a lot before or if they were traveling from far away, etc. He added APFMH over POA in Athens for the LPU, he added RME over POA in Stuttgart for LPL, he did Bloc Party/High Voltage combo mashup over it at that show too. Then he posted on his blog to ask YOU FANS what YOU wanted over POA. You submitted requests and he did something he's never done before: Dedicated, and also brought back Step Up, which was only done twice before (one on PR07 and one at a club show we don't have a recording of). You requested it but you still bitch after the tour is over that the setlist isn't good enough. You weren't even there!

Mike spiced the everliving hell out of the set with more additions during 1 tour than I have ever seen them do before. He did quite a few verses over POA's intro and outro for just like an 18 show tour, he added some cool Hands Held High verses to the set, etc. It's very surprising to see so many people get so damn upset over a setlist.

Believe me, I would be the first one to bitch about it and I did after Istanbul. Then I saw this setlist 4 times and thought it was one of their best ones. Joe and Brad are all over the stage, singing, jumping up and down like they didn't do on the MTM tour. Session is BADASS as HELL, From The Inside fits perfectly in the #2 spot; the WID and NMS long intros are totally great to have in the middle of the set. Even Leave Out All The Rest which I hate, I said after the Graz show that it was the best song of the show. They had so much more energy than PR08, they had a better setlist than PR08, and rocked it harder. You can have your opinions but I think this was one AWESOME tour. I can't wait until next year when they change it up and we get some older tracks.

Edited by AndOne
ego reduction