Pomona Post-Show Discussion

• Replies 535
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't wait until next year when they change it up and we get some older tracks.

Thats one Point why I am bitching^^. The Chance that we will get these are now less then we hade it on this tour.

Last Year I went on a concert in Mannheim, Germany.

They played 8 Songs of HT!!! THIS WAS SO FUCKING AWESOME! And yesterday the play 4. IMO its just the fact that the HT Stuff which I and some older Fans like best, disappears from Song to Song. The chances for By Myself, With You or Runaway are close to zero. I am looking forward to the new record but I am also afraid of the Setlists next year. Maybe the dont play POA and Papercut ...

we will see

The amount of bitching in this thread about the setlist is just utterly ridiculous. They played one North American show in 2009, this was it, and they played some cool stuff in it that they haven't done in North America before and yet people still bitch like hell about it.

That's just sad. You can not like the set but some of you take it too far. I feel embarrassed that so many people on my site get so upset over what they play. If you were at the show I'm sure you'd love it. And about DBS, yeah it sounded really weird at first but after you saw it it was awesome. Who the fuck cares if you paid money for LP, it's an extra bonus. LP could just do 19 songs like they did at over half the shows on the tour and go home, but they let DBS do 3 songs at some shows to extend it 20 mins BUT you still complain about it. DAMN.

This is not some rotating setlist tour, it's an escape from the studio tour where LP plays what they're comfortable playing and goes out and has a good time with everyone.

If it was a normal tour with 30 dates and rotating setlists OF COURSE I would say that changing a verse over POA isn't changing the setlist but DAMN they could have just done 19 songs the entire tour with Petrified/There They Go over Points like the first show had and gone home back to the studio.

Mike went out of his way to spice up the shows just for the hardcore fans so they'd have some cool stuff to enjoy if they had seen LP a lot before or if they were traveling from far away, etc. He added APFMH over POA in Athens for the LPU, he added RME over POA in Stuttgart for LPL, he did Bloc Party/High Voltage combo mashup over it at that show too. Then he posted on his blog to ask YOU FANS what YOU wanted over POA. You submitted requests and he did something he's never done before: Dedicated, and also brought back Step Up, which was only done twice before (one on PR07 and one at a club show we don't have a recording of). You requested it but you still bitch after the tour is over that the setlist isn't good enough. You weren't even there!

Mike spiced the everliving hell out of the set with more additions during 1 tour than I have ever seen them do before. He did quite a few verses over POA's intro and outro for just like an 18 show tour, he added some cool Hands Held High verses to the set, etc. It's very surprising to see so many people get so damn upset over a setlist.

Believe me, I would be the first one to bitch about it and I did after Istanbul. Then I saw this setlist 4 times and thought it was one of their best ones. Joe and Brad are all over the stage, singing, jumping up and down like they didn't do on the MTM tour. Session is BADASS as HELL, From The Inside fits perfectly in the #2 spot; the WID and NMS long intros are totally great to have in the middle of the set. Even Leave Out All The Rest which I hate, I said after the Graz show that it was the best song of the show. They had so much more energy than PR08, they had a better setlist than PR08, and rocked it harder. You can have your opinions but I think this was one AWESOME tour. I can't wait until next year when they change it up and we get some older tracks.

Well said

any videos of mike getting bottled?

his keyboard gets bottled, not him.

Also, the bitching about the bitching exceeds the bitching itself at this point. Most people are just interested in getting the rip, except for those complaining about the complainers.

his keyboard gets bottled, not him.

Also, the bitching about the bitching exceeds the bitching itself at this point. Most people are just interested in getting the rip, except for those complaining about the complainers.

pictures/videos of it?

The way I look at it is this... I have been a setlist complainer since the very first show of this tour. I was shocked to see pretty much the same songs bunched together in yet a slightly different order. Add New Divide, a cut-down version of Session, and a little busier POA intro and thats all.

Why should I even be complaning? I wasn't at any shows this year. It doesn't effect me in any way shape or form if LP plays In The End or And One. However, I am a fan of the band and if there was a tour to ever change something up, this was the one.

The setlist that was played during this tour is not bad. While I think Session is extremely overrated in general and on this tour, it was certainly a different way to open the show. I am a fair person and I have not seen this song live so I can't say whether or not I would really like it or not. From the videos and just my preference for LP's kickass intros, it seems a bit anti-climatic TO ME. This setlist also contained my 3 favorite LP songs (Lying, Faint, POA) and my two favorite songs from MTM in Given Up and No More Sorrow. But its the principle. This was simply a small tour played on 3 continents. Wouldn't you think the band as a whole would try and say hey, we probably won't be bringing these songs out next year with the new album and such, why don't we bring back With You and Figure or something. But no. They couldn't. They brought the same stuff that they have played in Europe, USA, Asia and everywhere else in between the past few years.

Fact of the matter is, as fans, and as this being a freakign "live guide" site, anyone has the right to complain or suggest something about the setlist. This is what this site is soley about: Linkin Park in its live form. The old "If you were there, you wouldn't be complaining" is true.... I have seen Linkin Park 8 times and it was all during the MTM time period. But either way, its still makes me wonder why this band can't simply change the set and/or add more songs. I don't think anyone here is asking for 8 singles to be dropped and the set be filled with Step Up, And One, By Myself, With You, Easier To Run, QWERTY, and Annoucement Service Public. One or two or something would be at least sufficient. But LP cannot do that and I don't see them doing it on their next tour with new songs having to be played. Probably the thing that bothers me the most is the way their setlist is designed: It kickass for the first 30-40 minutes then really, really slows down in the middle. The encores usually kickass (and this year's set certainly did) but a whole change of pace is needed. They have kept this basic setlist design for a LONG TIME. It's time to ditch it.

I just saw this tour as an opportunity for the band to have some fun and do something they haven't done due to being on the MTM cycle and such. But apparently we should be very thankful that the Lord Shinoda changed a few verses here in there, and added a few keyboard pieces identical to what he did mid-PR 07. Apparently we should be content with that.

Edited by Preston

I really don't give a flying fuck. I voice my opinion on the setlist and say it's crap, I have people tell me to STFU. I voice my opinion on the setlist and say it's awesome, I have people tell me to STFU. I fucking don't care to tell you the truth B)

I went and I have to say lp put on a pretty good show. However dbs killed it, meaning the energy the crowd had. When fire came on, many people started booing and flipping off chester. Chants of lp/tool were also starting. I haven't read this thread because it's huge but I just thought I'd mention that here. I don't think dbs should have played in the middle of lp's set, it should have been before, that would have averted people being disappointed over it.

Yeah, and you're exactly right, once they heard the New Divide intro, people starting screaming and jumping up and down again.

That's the reason I liked DBS the most besides seeing Ryan Shuck rock the fuck out harder than all of LP combined, lol.

The crowd goes nuts for LP, then sit there and are like...HUH for DBS.

New Divide comes and literally tears the place down. Everyone thinks LP is done but then they hear the New Divide intro and it really gets them going. In Stuttgart and Grafen when New Divide came on it was 10x more epic than just a regular LP encore. So for that reason, I like DBS in the set.

on the first page is said that it was gonne be a normal same old setlist, it was to be expected.

And the DBS thing, well i guess teh band did chester a favour but the crowd wont always be pleased.

Now for the new album!

and DBS

Show was great, tool fans SUCKED HARD. They ruined DBS for me.

Anyways, short summary. I woke up at 7, got there at 915, got the the pit wall at 1110 and stood ALL DAY for LP. Worth it as always.

I took a TON of pics and like 5 videos of LP. Ill up the pics to facebook and photobucket and the videos to youtube. I recorded Points of Authority, some of Session + Given up, some of Crawl Back in, Hands Held High, and No More Sorrow.

yup dbs fucked it up...ppl got piss it killed the vibe.....after mike was gonna start new divide...alot tool fans were chanting tool...then linkin park...then some fucken tool fan thru a water bottle at mike but didnt hit him....i was fucken piss...i rock out 2 all lp's songs loud ass fuck...in front of all those tool fans faces.....we rocked the arena...not tool they suck i left on there set.....no big hype on them...1st time i see them live and they suck...hippie music....lp rocked it

We are all on this website because we love this band, we wouldn't be complaining if we didn't have such high expectations, but honestly, we take them for granted. They are doing something for their fans every day of their lives. Chester has played shows injured, sick, etc. and rarely do they cancel a show. They made music that hooked us in, and are continuing to do so, and as they said, at a faster rate too. How can we complain so much? Chester has got Dead By Sunrise and Linkin Park going on right now. Mike seems to be wanting to rap more, and do different verses, so maybe another Fort Minor album. He also has his art show coming up. All of that on their mind, and they are out there every night giving it their all, despite all of this going on. I know damn well that I could not do half the stuff they do at half the quality. They weren't their best, true. Did it suck, no. Will I not listen to them anymore due to them being worn out, no. The fact that they played a decent show instead of an insanely awesome one is irrelevant, because when you see that Linkin Park is coming to your city next touring cycle, all of you will find and save every penny you have just to see them live. And, when you go to that show and they play the "same setlist" as they did two nights before, the one with all the usual singles. You will enjoy it without complaint because those are the songs, that got us hooked in, and kept us here. So cheer up everyone, because Dead By Sunrise is coming out soon. Linkin Park is in the studio. Mike's art show is soon. By the way, has anyone else noticed that all the people who were complaining hardcore are also the ones begging for a decent video and/or audio rip of the show? Stop judging so harshly, if Linkin Park judged us as fans based on all the merchandise we bought, shows we went to, how crazy we were at the show, etc. A lot of us would fail. And I am ending this on a question, doesn't the record label also have a say in what songs they perform? They might be tired of the same stuff every night too, we don't HAVE to listen to them every night, but they Do.

The amount of bitching in this thread about the setlist is just utterly ridiculous. They played one North American show in 2009, this was it, and they played some cool stuff in it that they haven't done in North America before and yet people still bitch like hell about it.

That's just sad. You can not like the set but some of you take it too far. I feel embarrassed that so many people on my site get so upset over what they play. If you were at the show I'm sure you'd love it. And about DBS, yeah it sounded really weird at first but after you saw it it was awesome. Who the fuck cares if you paid money for LP, it's an extra bonus. LP could just do 19 songs like they did at over half the shows on the tour and go home, but they let DBS do 3 songs at some shows to extend it 20 mins BUT you still complain about it. DAMN.

This is not some rotating setlist tour, it's an escape from the studio tour where LP plays what they're comfortable playing and goes out and has a good time with everyone.

If it was a normal tour with 30 dates and rotating setlists OF COURSE I would say that changing a verse over POA isn't changing the setlist but DAMN they could have just done 19 songs the entire tour with Petrified/There They Go over Points like the first show had and gone home back to the studio.

Mike went out of his way to spice up the shows just for the hardcore fans so they'd have some cool stuff to enjoy if they had seen LP a lot before or if they were traveling from far away, etc. He added APFMH over POA in Athens for the LPU, he added RME over POA in Stuttgart for LPL, he did Bloc Party/High Voltage combo mashup over it at that show too. Then he posted on his blog to ask YOU FANS what YOU wanted over POA. You submitted requests and he did something he's never done before: Dedicated, and also brought back Step Up, which was only done twice before (one on PR07 and one at a club show we don't have a recording of). You requested it but you still bitch after the tour is over that the setlist isn't good enough. You weren't even there!

Mike spiced the everliving hell out of the set with more additions during 1 tour than I have ever seen them do before. He did quite a few verses over POA's intro and outro for just like an 18 show tour, he added some cool Hands Held High verses to the set, etc. It's very surprising to see so many people get so damn upset over a setlist.

Believe me, I would be the first one to bitch about it and I did after Istanbul. Then I saw this setlist 4 times and thought it was one of their best ones. Joe and Brad are all over the stage, singing, jumping up and down like they didn't do on the MTM tour. Session is BADASS as HELL, From The Inside fits perfectly in the #2 spot; the WID and NMS long intros are totally great to have in the middle of the set. Even Leave Out All The Rest which I hate, I said after the Graz show that it was the best song of the show. They had so much more energy than PR08, they had a better setlist than PR08, and rocked it harder. You can have your opinions but I think this was one AWESOME tour. I can't wait until next year when they change it up and we get some older tracks.

Great post man. I agree with pretty much everything you said. People really do bitch WAY too much on the forums about sets and what not, people need to learn to calm down a little bit.