LPLStaff

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 2/19/2023 at 6:53 PM, DylHDZ said:

This one is the one I tried, I’ve heard people say they don’t feel like the vocals fit but it does imo

https://youtube.com/shorts/yMa__0T_BCA?feature=share

I know, I was just responding to the previous post that said they didn't think those lyrics fit. Your vid shows it's the right key/tempo (unless you altered it). And it's such a short phrase it could fit anywhere, starting on any beat, so I don't know what there is to doubt

6 minutes ago, YRQRM0 said:

I know, I was just responding to the previous post that said they didn't think those lyrics fit. Your vid shows it's the right key/tempo (unless you altered it). And it's such a short phrase it could fit anywhere, starting on any beat, so I don't know what there is to doubt

Nah I just cut the vocal from the video and tried to place it where it sounded best to me which is in the chorus of the instrumental 

15 hours ago, deanowardust said:

the footage of just drag it out are the same as fighting myself being worked out. I think it's early fighting myself

Even though they fully demoed 15+ songs in that exact spot, Mike's home studio, plus Wizard Song, A6 and countless others? Brad said it's A6.

58 minutes ago, LPLStaff said:

Even though they fully demoed 15+ songs in that exact spot, Mike's home studio, plus Wizard Song, A6 and countless others? Brad said it's A6.

imagine if "Drag it Out" is the new "TTTAMP"... in the end we are not even getting that line hahaha, that would blow my mind

15 hours ago, LPLStaff said:

Wouldn't be surprising but would be funny. Lost is pretty perfect the way it is so now after listening to it for weeks, they probably got it right with not including the TTTAMP lyrics on the bridge. The bridge in the song is awesome.

The bridge is the best part of the song yeah, classic LP 

15 hours ago, LPLStaff said:

Wouldn't be surprising but would be funny. Lost is pretty perfect the way it is so now after listening to it for weeks, they probably got it right with not including the TTTAMP lyrics on the bridge. The bridge in the song is awesome.

That's very true. Especially the "I'm lost", "I try to keep this pain", "I will never be", and "alright" backing vocals that harmonize behind Chester's lead vocals in the bridge.

the 'just track it out' vocal really just seems like the guys getting set up in the studio to record their demos. mike maybe saying something like, 'yeah it doesn't need to be perfect remember, we're just tracking it out to refer to later', and then chester going 'just track it out, remember' as a little goof vocal warm up. maybe i'm wrong but that's what it seems like.

17 minutes ago, djzap said:

the 'just track it out' vocal really just seems like the guys getting set up in the studio to record their demos. mike maybe saying something like, 'yeah it doesn't need to be perfect remember, we're just tracking it out to refer to later', and then chester going 'just track it out, remember' as a little goof vocal warm up. maybe i'm wrong but that's what it seems like.

Could you please share your remixes-edits? i was wondering if you have like an archive or somethign

i used to listen to them frequently

glad that you are back!

8 hours ago, djzap said:

Isn’t he saying, “Just drag it out”? I don’t hear the word “track” at all

9 hours ago, djzap said:

That’s some well thought out headcanon, but I think he’s saying “drag”, not “track”.

We’ll see when the box set drops. I don’t think they would include two instrumental demos of the same song, so the one on the Lost Demos CD will probably have vocals. We’ll see if that line is included.

14 hours ago, wesleylpbr said:

I really think (and always thought) that Chester is actually saying "just TRACK it out" joking while Mike is setting up to record something there, as @djzapsaid before.

I get it, but that scenario would be dependent on an entire conversation taking place with specific verbiage when we have no way of knowing that it actually happened lol.

Then there's also the fact that Brad literally said it was A6 when he heard that clip, which is like 3 seconds of Chester's vocals. I think he had heard the demo while the band was preparing LPU 2, which is why he was able to recall it so quickly, and the version we got obviously was instrumental because they decided to scratch the vocals at the time.

Edited by Justin

On 2/25/2023 at 5:25 PM, solidss said:

Drag and Track, i can hear both depending on what i think of. Both words sound exactly the same. But if Brad already said that it was vocals for A6 then it shouldn't be a mystery.  Do you know exactly where he mentioned that?

LPU chat in 2003. We'll see if it's on the box set.

Box set will answer a lot of questions. A6 question, which song is Rob's drum track, which other songs had actual drums on them (meaning they were one of the 18 they did drums for), etc. The demos of the album songs will be fantastic. Really looking forward to it.

On 2/17/2023 at 4:14 AM, Coizu said:

Does someone know why episode 1 and 5 are missing from LPs youtube channel? All other episodes seem to be there?

Can someone give me a reminder where that shot of the board came from? Is it from an LPTV as well?

Late reply on this, but it is seen in the LPTV's, though, it is more commonly seen in the Making Of Meteora DVD when the band was recording at NRG.

Here's the topic with some photos of the Meteora board: 

4 hours ago, leftshoe18 said:

I wonder if we will end up getting either of these "officially" in the next few weeks ahead of the full set's release.

I hope so

I can't wait to hear Fighting Myself without Mike's talk

Edited by Stewe