Howard Stern debuting "Fighting Myself" and "More the Victim"

LPLStaff

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That Meteora song board is still too iffy to know what's going on with it. Where are Numb and Nobody's Listening? Figure.09 is on twice (under F09 and under Plaster II). Where is Fighting Myself? Etc.

LP's formula in this era is just great, it could really make some masterpiece songs.

Mike: rapping
Chester: sings one beautiful pre-chorus line
Mike: one rap line here
Chester: chorus

A+. These songs kick ass.

Just now, LPLStaff said:

That Meteora song board is still too iffy to know what's going on with it. Where are Numb and Nobody's Listening? Figure.09 is on twice (under F09 and under Plaster II). Where is Fighting Myself? Etc.

LP's formula in this era is just great, it could really make some masterpiece songs.

Fighting Myself is Shortcut. Underneath Shifter and above Nocturnal.

1 hour ago, LPLStaff said:

Add a sick bridge and memorable beat/tone/piano part and this is the LP formula. They could make 500 songs like this and I'd still put them on shuffle until the end of time. 

2 hours ago, NJPLP said:

I think we only have 14 at the moment. We don't have 15 quite yet. Here's the list:

1. Don't Stay (Sick)

2. Somewhere I Belong (Pretty Birdie/Pretty Birdy)

3. Lying From You (Cuidado)

4. Hit The Floor (Husky)

5. Easier To Run (Interrogation)

6. Faint (Faint)

7. Figure.09 (Plaster II/Plaster 2/Figure.09)

8. Breaking The Habit (Drawing)

9. From The Inside (Shifter)

10. Nobody's Listening (Working title unknown)

11. Numb (Working title unknown)

12. Lost (Possibly Resolution)

13. Fighting Myself (Shortcut)

14. More The Victim (Cumulus)

Number 15 is either A6 (A-Six/A.06), Wesside, or Resolution, though, I'm pretty sure the 15th one is probably A6. Who knows.

Also, for Resolution, there have been many theories that Resolution is a demo of Lost. That hasn't been confirmed yet, but, if that's the case, then we'll have three different versions of Lost.

https://www.thefader.com/2023/02/14/mike-shinoda-tells-the-story-of-finding-lost-a-forgotten-linkin-park-track-on-the-fader-interview

you'll find the podcast and no, its without the preview of FM and MTV. but an interesting story.

also, can you analyze on if Fighting Myself is a sequel to By Myself (regardless or sound/instrument and lyrics?

1 hour ago, NJPLP said:

Fighting Myself is Shortcut. Underneath Shifter and above Nocturnal.

Nah, that's one character too short to be Shortcut.

A654FA28-224D-4AAF-BAEE-B4BA861B86C6.jpeg

7 characters, and the second letter doesn't look anything like the H in Shifter right above it. I still think it says "Serpent."

16 minutes ago, Amaterasu said:

Where did this theory come from that Resolution is a demo of Lost? I have seen no evidence to back this up so far and I highly doubt they would put 3 versions of it in M20.

I am also wondering that

I'm also thinking that people are getting their hopes up too much about things like A6 vocals. I expect it to have some form of vocals, but more like some nonsense scatting and very unpolished takes that won't exactly make for a lot of replay value, like the Mike BTH demo. 

26 minutes ago, Amaterasu said:

Where did this theory come from that Resolution is a demo of Lost? I have seen no evidence to back this up so far and I highly doubt they would put 3 versions of it in M20.

The only other version on M20 is the one released on Spotify now. There's also an instrumental demo mix from LPUTV, so that would be 2 versions.

Same as "More the Victim" being released and "Cumulus" is the demo instrumental mix being released

12 minutes ago, solidss said:

The only other version on M20 is the one released on Spotify now. There's also an instrumental demo mix from LPUTV, so that would be 2 versions.

Same as "More the Victim" being released and "Cumulus" is the demo instrumental mix being released

The third version is the 2002 mix, which is only included in the CD set of Meteora 20 but seemingly not the full box set (maybe not on streaming either?)

Also, the video in the game had the word resolution in it, and that game seemed to be leading to Lost, so it kinda makes sense. But yeah, I'm not totally convinced either. 

1 hour ago, Amaterasu said:

There is no evidence. People are just throwing out wild speculation trying to tie down every title we have, as if we'll be able to put everything together before the box is out, and it leads to nonsense assertions like this.

It's okay to not know things! Just relax. I think the reveal that More the Victim is the finished version of Cumulus has given people brainworms and now everyone thinks that Lost and Fighting Myself have to be finished versions of other instrumental demos. That doesn't have to be the case, guys.

I love how Mike has joked a few times about how LP fans "think" that there are amazing songs just sitting on hard drives somewhere, but then the band releases songs like these which prove that there are, in fact, amazing songs just sitting on hard drives somewhere!

Edited by Justin

2 hours ago, gorast said:

There is no evidence. People are just throwing out wild speculation trying to tie down every title we have, as if we'll be able to put everything together before the box is out, and it leads to nonsense assertions like this.

It's okay to not know things! Just relax. I think the reveal that More the Victim is the finished version of Cumulus has given people brainworms and now everyone thinks that Lost and Fighting Myself have to be finished versions of other instrumental demos. That doesn't have to be the case, guys.

Amen 

5 hours ago, Astat said:

7 characters, and the second letter doesn't look anything like the H in Shifter right above it. I still think it says "Serpent."

There still can be Serpent and Shortcut. It doesn't have to be only Serpent or only Shortcut. Maybe Shortcut wasn't on the board.

4 hours ago, Justin said:

I love how Mike has joked a few times about how LP fans "think" that there are amazing songs just sitting on hard drives somewhere, but then the band releases songs like these which prove that there are, in fact, amazing songs just sitting on hard drives somewhere!

Yeah like, Primo, Fighting Myself, More the Victim, LOST, ATL, NRL all finished songs that sound fucking great 

10 hours ago, Astat said:

So I'm guessing it still stands as "Serpent" for now?

The interview was great, totally not the typical “WOW new Linkin park out April 7, new single Lost out now. Chester was the best singer of all time” stuff, this one was very deep especially in the Mike-Chester relationship. But in all honesty I’m not a big fan on how Howard insists on Chester being drunk/on drugs and a mess like all the time. It’s a bit too insistent