Howard Stern debuting "Fighting Myself" and "More the Victim"

LPLStaff

2 minutes ago, JZ-GreyDaze said:

It's amazing that after 22 years people still believe that the HT demos were leaked.

They were meant to promote the band, their mission was to be everywhere and somehow it succeeded.

I didn't mean that. I know that they were used to promote the band, and actually provoked that the album was released earlier, thanks to its underground popularity. What I mean is that IF warner were control freaks, they would have try to control every possible channel to promote the band, and may try to stop the demos to be shared.

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

6 hours ago, Diehardlpfan77 said:

More the victim is cumulus + Mike singing faint in a slower pace. Fighting myself is similar to Figure.09. I can't believe they left Fighting myself Out of the album!

It sounds nothing like Figure.09 lmao. closer to Hit The Floor tbh.

Still the track is amazing and it has an insane bounce and rap flow on it. Mike is being silly when he says the best LP songs aren’t hidden away on old hard drives.

3 hours ago, leftshoe18 said:

So More The Victim is Cumulus with vocals? Does the instrumental sound the same as the released demo or is it updated?

Can't wait to listen when I get home from work!!

it is like 95% the same just a bit more polished + Mr Hahn scratches.

1 hour ago, bloodbath said:

Now do we have the 15 songs with vocals?

Lost, Fighting Myself, and More The Victim are the three tracks that were left off Meteora it seems. So that makes 15. Safe to assume the other demos are instrumentals or have unfinished/rough vocals.

Also WHY WEREN’T THESE ON METEORA I agree 100% with Chester “the more the merrier”.

Edited by IntensityJS

More The Victim is so damn good! Like Lost I see how it doesn't fit Meteora but I absolutely love it. Probably more than Lost even and I freaking love that.

Fighting Myself is a lot like Hit The Floor. I'm guessing they decided they only needed one or the other.

Edit: Oh my god that final chorus on Fighting Myself. Why was this not on Meteora? Holy shit!

Edited by leftshoe18

53 minutes ago, KikiSparkle said:

https://player.siriusxm.com/query/mike shinoda

I think it's two hours into the show. You have to sign up but you get 24 hours free. 

Trigger warning, the questions are heavy and Stern really focuses on a small layer of who Chester was and drills down on it. 

Can someone share a rip of the full interview ? I can't sign up 🥲

The quality of Fighting Myself is not good enough for me to express my opinion about the song. I will do it when it officialy drops. I can properly hear only the first verse and a half of the first chorus. I don't want to ruin my impression of the song so I will try not to listen to this radio recording at all until the release. From what I can hear, it's great. I'm not sure if there is ever going to be a Linkin Park song that I fully dislike so it was totally expected that I would like this one as well. It seems heavy, the vocals by Chester are raw and energetic. I don't know if it's a matter of quality only but I like it a bit less than More the Victim, but as I said, I will judge it when it officialy drops.

More the Victim. Well, I'm impressed... The instrumental is awesome, sounds so full - beautiful at times, sometimes heavy. I cannot wait to hear it in high quality. The pre-chorus sung by Chester is heavenly. I love all the changes that they made from Cumulus. The scratches are fun, the strings add another layer of sounds which fits the instrumental perfectly and the drums... well, the drums! I don't know exactly why this element of the song got my attention but I love Rob's drumming in this song. Rob's work on this track is perfect. It's awesome how he slightly changed the drumbeat in the last chorus. The transitions... Wow, the drums add so much to the track. It is probably not technically complicated, but it sounds amazing and that's enough for me to appreciate it. A lot of great ideas here and there. In general, I like More the Victim more than some of the tracks on Meteora. I'd probably swap it with Hit the Floor or Nobody's Listening. I don't know if I like the song more than Lost but it's really, really good.

One piece of criticism that I have towards both songs are that they are a bit formulaic. I understand that the band came up with some kind of a structure for songs on Meteora but it's a bit repetitive and predictable at times. It's the thing that made Linkin Park recognisable so I don't have anything against this formula, I like it in general. But come on, in (almost) every song?! 😂

2 hours ago, bloodbath said:

Now do we have the 15 songs with vocals?

I think we only have 14 at the moment. We don't have 15 quite yet. Here's the list:

1. Don't Stay (Sick)

2. Somewhere I Belong (Pretty Birdie/Pretty Birdy)

3. Lying From You (Cuidado)

4. Hit The Floor (Husky)

5. Easier To Run (Interrogation)

6. Faint (Faint)

7. Figure.09 (Plaster II/Plaster 2/Figure.09)

8. Breaking The Habit (Drawing)

9. From The Inside (Shifter)

10. Nobody's Listening (Working title unknown)

11. Numb (Working title unknown)

12. Lost (Possibly Resolution)

13. Fighting Myself (Shortcut)

14. More The Victim (Cumulus)

Number 15 is either A6 (A-Six/A.06), Wesside, or Resolution, though, I'm pretty sure the 15th one is probably A6. Who knows.

Also, for Resolution, there have been many theories that Resolution is a demo of Lost. That hasn't been confirmed yet, but, if that's the case, then we'll have three different versions of Lost.

Edited by NJPLP

I thought it was 15 songs that got whittled down to 12 which would include Session? I don't think we'll get another full, polished outtake with vocals. I do think A6 is going to have vocals but I'm expecting a rougher demo compared to Fighting Myself, More The Victim and Lost which are fully realized songs with polished instruments and vocals.

3 minutes ago, leftshoe18 said:

I thought it was 15 songs that got whittled down to 12 which would include Session? I don't think we'll get another full, polished outtake with vocals. I do think A6 is going to have vocals but I'm expecting a rougher demo compared to Fighting Myself, More The Victim and Lost which are fully realized songs with polished instruments and vocals.

I'm wondering though. Where did "Fighting Myself" originally come from? We recently found out that "More The Victim" came from "Cumulus".

Edited by NJPLP

4 hours ago, Hybrider said:

I bet that Resolution is Lost demo. They just did not write (Lost Demo) after it, because they want to surprise us.

A couple days ago you “knew” Resolution was the Rob drum song, now you think it’s a demo of Lost 🤷‍♂️

45 minutes ago, NJPLP said:

I think we only have 14 at the moment. We don't have 15 quite yet. Here's the list:

1. Don't Stay (Sick)

4. Hit The Floor (Husky)

6. Faint (Faint)

12. Lost (Working title unknown)

13. Fighting Myself (Working title unknown)

Number 15 is either A6 (A-Six/A.06), Wesside, or Resolution, though, I'm pretty sure the 15th one is probably A6. Who knows.

Also, for Resolution, there have been many theories that Resolution is a demo of Lost. That hasn't been confirmed yet, but, if that's the case, then we'll have three different versions of Lost.

In my mind Session had vocals and that's why I thought we already had 15 hahaha

54 minutes ago, NJPLP said:

1. Don't Stay (Sick)

4. Hit The Floor (Husky)

6. Faint (Faint)

12. Lost (Working title unknown)

13. Fighting Myself (Working title unknown)

Shortcut (Fighting Myself Demo)

1 hour ago, blackout said:

One ppiece of criticism that I have towards both songs are that they are a bit formulaic. I understand that the band came up with some kind of a structure for songs on Meteora but it's a bit repetitive and predictable at times. It's the thing that made Linkin Park recognisable so I don't have anything against this formula, I like it in general. But come on, in (almost) every song?! 

I fully agree with you on that... And with the band. They've stated since the beginning that they were trying to prove themselves and the world that they weren't one hit wonder. That's why the had this little experiments like Nobody's Listening, Hit the Floor or the weird time signatures for FTI. Yes, not the most beloved songs (specially the formers) but IMO, they planted the first seed for bringing into the table things like MTM, without falling too far from the tree. Besides, they didn't had enough power back then to REALLY experiment. I think Meteora had the perfect balance between that comfortable sound and diverse stuff. I fully understand why they cut those three songs. They were great, but too formulaic and they already had similar songs in the album we know. Furthermore, would we be so excited about these songs if they were already released on a LPU CD? Don't think so.

Edited by bloodbath

theres another mix of “Lost” that was used for LPUTV,

This instrumental demo could possibly be “Resolution?” since Mike didn’t recognize the “TTTAMP” lyrics when asked in the Q&A that means that version wont be it and this will be the instrumental mix, just like how we all found out today that “Cumulus” was the demo instrumental of “More The Victim”

I believe “Massive” is the Rob Drum track from Meteora DVD. 
A6 is should also be a finalized track with vocals

Edited by solidss