LPLStaff

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, leftshoe18 said:

So More The Victim is Cumulus with vocals? Does the instrumental sound the same as the released demo or is it updated?

Can't wait to listen when I get home from work!!

It is updated and so much moooore way better than Cumulus one 😉

3 minutes ago, leftshoe18 said:

So More The Victim is Cumulus with vocals? Does the instrumental sound the same as the released demo or is it updated?

Can't wait to listen when I get home from work!!

There are added scratches, beautiful strings in the background (however, they are barely audible due to the bad quality of the recordings) and, most importantly, live drums! It sounds much better than the demo.

If More The Victim is Cumulus with vocals... that really makes me think Healing Foot is Broken Foot with (some form of ) vocals 😛 But probably not as complete as those 2 songs.

Same with A6, but that one is more obvious.

Edited by Qwerty18

21 minutes ago, Qwerty18 said:

If More The Victim is Cumulus with vocals... that really makes me think Healing Foot is Broken Foot with (some form of ) vocals 😛 But probably not as complete as those 2 songs.

Same with A6, but that one is more obvious.

If that is the case with "Healing Foot", then that brings down the Rob drum song to being either "Massive", "Wesside", or "Resolution". Who knows.

15 minutes ago, Hybrid1988 said:

Unreal that these songs were just sitting on hard drives for 20 years. These are the definition of hidden gems. Blown away at the quality of these. Forcing myself not to listen to these clips non stop but they are SO good.

Exactly. Almost unbelievable they were just sitting there for so long. Wow.

Shockingly great tracks. 

More the Victim has a different/higher pitched sample in the intro/loop in the song, it's slightly different than Cumulus. Has live drums, bass, scratching, different guitar riff slightly, it's all really really good.

More the Victim is amazing! It's a surreal experience hearing those vocals after dozens of listens to Cumulus. I think I'm decent at writing melodies, but those are so much more interesting than anything I was coming up with in my head 

1 hour ago, Hybrider said:

I bet that Resolution is Lost demo. They just did not write (Lost Demo) after it, because they want to surprise us.

Which Lost Demo are you thinking of? The one with Chester singing "Thoughts that take away my pride" full version or the instrumental version used in LPUTV Mike's Shirt episode?

Edited by solidss

I'm so, so, so happy Warner decided to protect the band after HT and NOT let anything leak like how the HT demos were 'leaked' randomly through eBay. Awesome 2 new tracks, awesome to hear Cumulus with lyrics and Fighting Victim is just great. Can't wait to hear the rest of the demos.

Edited by KlaytonShinoda

4 minutes ago, KlaytonShinoda said:

I'm so, so, so happy Warner decided to protect the band after HT and NOT let anything leak like how the HT demos were 'leaked' randomly through eBay. Awesome 2 new tracks, awesome to hear Cumulus with lyrics and Fighting Victim is just great. Can't wait to hear the rest of the demos.

As other users pointed out, after HT they proved to be an valued asset, before that they were a new band that they barely care about

2 minutes ago, bloodbath said:

As other users pointed out, after HT they proved to be an valued asset, before that they were a new band that they barely care about

It's amazing that after 22 years people still believe that the HT demos were leaked.

They were meant to promote the band, their mission was to be everywhere and somehow it succeeded.

The quality of Meteora demos is SO FUCKING HIGH. I mean, with all the due respect, we are not talking about Pictureboard, a really early demo that’s not even close to the quality of the HT songs. Like, I want to listen to an HQ of MTV And FM before judging  but so far all the 3 songs here could have been on Meteora