Howard Stern debuting "Fighting Myself" and "More the Victim"

LPLStaff

it hit me right now... MIKE and PR knew how this interview would go, and releasing MTV and FM was a way to distract from all the Chester stuff that would come out.
People would focus way more on the new songs than on the interview itself.

Great move by PR team. 
They found a way to put an open hearted, honest and kinda rough interview out there without too much focus just on it.

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, vinifeijo said:

it hit me right now... MIKE and PR knew how this interview would go, and releasing MTV and FM was a way to distract from all the Chester stuff that would come out.
People would focus way more on the new songs than on the interview itself.

Great move by PR team. 
They found a way to put an open hearted, honest and kinda rough interview out there without too much focus just on it.

Do not call these songs MTV or FM, it's misleading.

On 2/15/2023 at 7:07 AM, NJPLP said:

So I'm guessing it still stands as "Serpent" for now?

Yeah, I do wish we had a better-quality shot of that board though. Maybe we'll get one on the new Fiore documentary with the box set.

7 hours ago, LPLStaff said:

Fighting Myself at 1:55 is wild. It's been there the whole time lol. Mike recording the riff.

I heard it many times but I thought that he just playing around with guitar. Holy fuck. I wish to hear demo of Fighting Myself.

8 hours ago, LPLStaff said:

Fighting Myself at 1:55 is wild. It's been there the whole time lol. Mike recording the riff.

Does someone know why episode 1 and 5 are missing from LPs youtube channel? All other episodes seem to be there?

4 hours ago, Astat said:

Yeah, I do wish we had a better-quality shot of that board though. Maybe we'll get one on the new Fiore documentary with the box set.

Can someone give me a reminder where that shot of the board came from? Is it from an LPTV as well?

On 2/15/2023 at 9:09 PM, Justin said:

That's just Stern's style. I'm sure Mike was well aware of that before he agreed to the interview.

He asks questions like that because he knows most interviewers would never go that deep. He isn't the guy to sit down and ask a bunch of well written, respectful questions. He's blunt and seems to ask questions on the fly as soon as they come to him, unfiltered. He's been doing that for decades and, again, Mike had to be well aware. If not, he wouldn't have answered those types of questions.

Not everyone wants to hear an interview like that which is fine, but it's also expected at this point. Most interviewers ask about the band's favorite memories of Chester, the most fun they had in the studio, etc. Stern tends to go in the opposite direction.

This. Even if I'm not big on him I've been aware of his show for a long time and I appreciate interviews like this once in a while over "Look, there's an obvious conspiracy for X, can you not see it?" type of absolute disgusting disrespectful bullshit clickbaity article/comment.

Edited by KlaytonShinoda

8 hours ago, LPLStaff said:

Remebering hearing the instrumental version of Lost on those LPTV's for years and then finally hear it with lyrics was such a fun moment, but I definitely forgot Fighting Myself was already shown there, awesome stuff. Also, I can absolutely see Shifter (From the Inside) being that one or at least close to it that will be released on M20 (either that or the 2001 Ozzfest tour bus early demo).

Edited by KlaytonShinoda

6 hours ago, KlaytonShinoda said:

This. Even if I'm not big on him I've been aware of his show for a long time and I appreciate interviews like this once in a while over "Look, there's an obvious conspiracy for X, can you not see it?" type of absolute disgusting disrespectful bullshit clickbaity article/comment.

Yeah like that one guy whose name I don't know, nor do I care to know, who brought Mike the closest I've ever seen him to being outwardly angry at an interviewer. There's a difference between that guy, and "Tell me what it was like to work with someone who struggled with the issues that Chester had."

It was uncomfortable at times, but it was real life. Stern wasn't objectively rude or inappropriate. Mike was prepared and didn't seem caught off guard by the lines of questioning, either.

2 hours ago, Justin said:

Yeah like that one guy whose name I don't know, nor do I care to know, who brought Mike the closest I've ever seen him to being outwardly angry at an interviewer. There's a difference between that guy, and "Tell me what it was like to work with someone who struggled with the issues that Chester had."

It was uncomfortable at times, but it was real life. Stern wasn't objectively rude or inappropriate. Mike was prepared and didn't seem caught off guard by the lines of questioning, either.

Exactly. Again, I 200% understand not everyone being comfortable talking about certain topics (I consider myself pretty open but it really depends on the situation) so I was totally on board with the interview since the beginning knowing Mike is a really smart dude.

4 hours ago, JZ-GreyDaze said:

I wonder if my theory that A.06 is NOT Drag it out it's correct 

Those vocals sound off always, it doesn't matter the part where you place them in thr instrumental.

It sounds like it could fit just fine to me: