World Premiere of New Divide on KROQ 5/18/2009

Jen

It's the first time I've seen a release not at 12 either. Pretty stupid...the LPU should have at least got to stream it at 12? It's just a song, LP really does ruin releases because they build it up so much and then make it suck when everyone thinks the wait is over when it's really not. And listening to the clips ruins the song too.

then maybe don't listen to the clips before the actual song is released?

Linkin Park has really fucked up the release of this song, seriously. In all seriousness, the release of this is an absolute joke. I'm not mad about anything since I'm on such a 10 Years high at the moment, but it's just a very very weird situation going on right now regarding the release of New Divide.

The song is supposed to go on iTunes on 5.18. That would mean 12:00am like all other iTunes releases, right? Nope, not when you're Linkin Park. The standard doesn't apply then. Let's build up the anticipation just to let everyone down at 12:00am and tell them it's not coming out until another 14 hours when everyone's not expecting it. Awesome. Well at least we'll have a video to check out, right?

Nope. After all the picture posts on TwitPic and all that fun and jolly business as well as discussion about a video, we won't be getting a video today either. Who the hell knows when that's coming out but it's not today according to the latest post on the LPU Twitter.

"lpunderground - to clear things up, the music video for "new divide" does NOT come out tomorrow, just the song. i'm not sure when it will go live on itunes."

So in recap, noone really knows when it will go on iTunes. We've heard 8am EST from Chester, we've heard 3:45pm EST from some people and we've heard after 3:45pm EST from others. We also have no idea when the video will come out - all we know is it's coming out SOMETIME. You would think the official Linkin Park fanclub would know when the only song from the band from 2009 is coming out. Or you'd think *someone* would let the fans know when the video is coming out.

Once again, the fans are left in the dust. What else is new?

I'm not mad or disappointed at all, it's just that this is turning into quite a clusterfuck of a release that was hyped like hell.

no one ever said 12am EST. that was never announced by anyone. you all just started assuming stuff with nothing to back it up except your own rumors kids on messageboards and websites made up. when a movie comes out on june 24, you don't expect that you'll be able to go the theater at 12am to watch it.

lpu didnt have to give you guys a heads up about the stream tomorrow, but we did, and we fought for that. sorry that's not enough to satisfy you guys.

i'm not sure how this is a clusterfuck. you only say that because once again, you ASSUMED stuff. you'll hear the song in a few hours. there's no clusterfuck here. no one's doing anything to keep fans in the dust. the song will be released on may 18th, 2009. i promise.

this goes for the video as well. where did anyone say the video was coming out tomorrow as well? it was shot like 4 days ago. give me a break guys. this is just ridiculous.

• Replies 819
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Perhaps I should have been more specific rather than saying just the band. Of course Mike doesn't put the songs up himself; everything's through their management/label/etc. I didn't think anyone would honestly think I would blame the band themselves for not uploading a song or something, lol.

Yep, you're right. I guess that's where assuming gets you. Once again I assume something and screw myself because of it.

maybe as site owner you should set a little better example than to blow up in such a way.......... that's just me..

it'll be out on monday. that's all we really should have been told, not no timetable.

Wow, I take a week off and LP has a new single coming out and for Transformers. I'm always the last to know about stuff like this and not too soon.

So i guess, the people behind Transformers are a big fan of Linkin Park so much so as to have them personally pen a song for their movie outside of their album cycle. All i can say is they have good taste.B)

no one ever said 12am EST. that was never announced by anyone. you all just started assuming stuff with nothing to back it up except your own rumors kids on messageboards and websites made up. when a movie comes out on june 24, you don't expect that you'll be able to go the theater at 12am to watch it.

lpu didnt have to give you guys a heads up about the stream tomorrow, but we did, and we fought for that. sorry that's not enough to satisfy you guys.

1)He's referring to the usual time new content is uploaded to Itunes.

2) Yes summer movies have midnight releases lol.

3) Live streaming means nothing unless it's before the release date elsewhere.

Edited by spraypaintninkpens

gotta agree with couple of last posts... just relax ppl... hey I listened to some stupid pop radio from australia all day yesterday in case they played it, but they didn't. And I am not disappointed or angry. we all knew when is the official release time and we just wondered if it could be released earlier on some places.

However, it seems marketing and management did excellent job this time by making it go out at the same time in the whole world and holes have not appeared in the system. It's actually a great job by the LP's team and WBR, it's just that we want to hear it so much :D But day more or less is not going to make a huge difference. This is better for LP so we should be happy for them.

Edited by bojkic

Yes they did a great job :) but they should have given us some infos about radio premiers in some other countries, or time zones , now we're all confused :unsure: I can't listen to every single radio station to see which one has the song!!!!!!

Yes they did a great job :) but they should have given us some infos about radio premiers in some other countries, or time zones , now we're all confused :unsure: I can't listen to every single radio station to see which one has the song!!!!!!

can't argue with that; there should have been more details :D but they did say THE WORLD PREMIER(that "usually" means played for the first time:D) will be in 3:45 Eastern time. That's 21:45 for me and 22:45 for you in Greece :D.

So SUIT UP! :D

*however I still think we may hear it a few hours earlier, because they have to send it to radio stations a bit earlier... but we'll see...

Edited by bojkic

then maybe don't listen to the clips before the actual song is released?

i'm not sure how this is a clusterfuck. you only say that because once again, you ASSUMED stuff. you'll hear the song in a few hours. there's no clusterfuck here. no one's doing anything to keep fans in the dust. the song will be released on may 18th, 2009. i promise.

this goes for the video as well. where did anyone say the video was coming out tomorrow as well? it was shot like 4 days ago. give me a break guys. this is just ridiculous.

Wtf? First off, Mark, I, and everyone else had every right to expect it out at 12 am, because that's when pretty much every song/album comes out on iTunes on the official day of release. Aiden put their whole fucking new album out at 12, as well as pretty much every other band. But somehow, when it's something Linkin Park, shit always gets twisted. I mean, first off people were saying 3 am EST, now it's 5:00 am EST and still no song. What's next, I wake up at 8 am and it's still not out? Then what, I wait til like 8 pm and it's STILL not available on iTunes? God damn. It's a fucking Linkin Park song, not a sacred holy document that the world has yet to see.

I'm just happy to be getting a new song. Whether it comes out at the beginning of the specified release day or the end I don't really care. I'm just grateful.

Same here, but I hope it'll come out earlier, because I don't wanna wait till 22:45...

Expect you to do a cover as soon as possible. :P

Wtf? First off, Mark, I, and everyone else had every right to expect it out at 12 am,

Seeing as how this ENTIRE time the band and all updates have been saying the song would premiere on KROQ (on the radio) first, I'm pretty sure that should have told you it wasn't going to be available at midnight.

If some of you would actually pay attention to the facts you wouldn't be let down like this, you give yourself these weird expectations and then get pissed when someone doesn't live up to them.

And I've found that most big artist's songs/albums do not come out at midnight on iTunes.

And just to say this now.

Chester's Twitter said "the song will be available at like 8 am est."

That doesn't really sound like an exact confirmation. Sounds like a guesstimation to me. Chester doesn't control when the song is released.

So before all of you start yelling and screaming and crying when the song isn't out by 8:01 am, the song will premeire on KROQ FIRST. And THEN it will become available afterwards.

Hey people! Long time, no see. I guess this is a good time for me to make my first post on here since Projekt Revolution 2008. A lot of stuff has happened since then but this is obviously the biggest thing since PR2008 probably. I had to remake my account since it got deleted I guess when the site layout was updated but...anyway. Well, this is definitely hard to wait for but I'm glad this whole thing is finally almost over. I can't wait until this thing comes out so things can return to normal. The last several weeks have been crazy with waiting for updates on New Divide and wondering if and when it might get leaked. Just another 9 hours and 25 minutes if you go by the LP website. I have a strange feeling we'll hear it before then though.

1pm GMT? What makes you think that?

I think he's going by the time that is listed on Chester's Twitter which was 8AM EST. That would be about another hour away. However, like Xero21 said, I seriously don't expect that to happen. It didn't exactly sound like Chester was sure of the time it would show up. I'd like to stay up another hour and see but I'm just too tired.

I think he's going by the time that is listed on Chester's Twitter which was 8AM EST. That would be about another hour away. However, like Xero21 said, I seriously don't expect that to happen. It didn't exactly sound like Chester was sure of the time it would show up. I'd like to stay up another hour and see but I'm just too tired.

If I remember, he said "at, like 8am" or something like that, as if he didn't know so he guessed.

And hey, long time no see! Been well?

I'll be checking iTunes every hour starting now.