Linkin Park Planning "Exciting Things" for 2023 - Meteora 20th Celebration

LPLStaff

2 hours ago, GreyFox-AFCA said:

And yet some people on here stil complain about Mike’s nft stuff, like the world is so open that you have the ability to ignore it, and look for other things 😁

I actually ignored that, Twitter has the option to filter words I filtered NFT and i stopped receiving Mike's tweets about that topic.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Honestly, these past weeks have felt so ridiculously long with all the hype and stuff. Waiting is the hardest part of knowing something long awaited is actually coming. I’ve been hyped about a Meteora release just as much as a Hybrid Theory release because of the fact there’s still so much we haven’t heard. I’m really excited that we’re getting all of this cool stuff and super eager to hear “Lost” and the other songs real soon.

Edited by IWillWalkAway

I'm really looking forward to the demos and also the concerts proshot
I really want to see the band playing HTF, ETR and NL.
even if they don't announce it this week next week they will definitely announce it officially.

I still hope that tomorrow or Friday we can finally find out...

I’m pretty certain also that all the songs coming to Meteora 20 are gonna be on spotify and all music streaming platforms too, like HT20. Once again we’re gonna likely get a bunch of tracks never even heard before to be released publicly everywhere, which is awesome.

Edited by IWillWalkAway

Super hyped for this since Meteora era has a lot of demos and songs we still haven’t heard. Even HT20 had a lot of surprises. I think we’ll start seeing diminishing returns after this. Especially since so many MTM era songs were released through LPU already. Really hope we get the song that plays at 6:55 in this video: 

Edited by Hybrid1988

1 hour ago, JZ-GreyDazePatheticWorship said:

I have a feeling that the Meteora demos will be superior than whay we got with H20

Not meant personally to you or anyone specific, but I wonder how much of that is bias due to the community having leaked the majority of HT demos in the decades prior to it.

Imagine if for example "She Couldn't" wouldn't have been discovered until HT20.

1 hour ago, Hybrid1988 said:

Super hyped for this since Meteora era has a lot of demos and songs we still haven’t heard. Even HT20 had a lot of surprises. I think we’ll start seeing diminishing returns after this. Especially since so many MTM era songs were released through LPU already. Really hope we get the song that plays at 6:55 in this video: 

This one’s probably the most known unknown demo because it has so many cover/concept versions on Youtube. I’m pretty sure it never made it that far at NRG, because Mike did talk about it on a stream a few years ago. He said the rest of the guys didn’t really connect too well with it. Hearing it or whatever the demo is would be definitely super cool. I bet it’s one of the tracks on that demos list we saw.

Edited by IWillWalkAway

Man it's killing me, waiting for the announcement, it feels so loooooong the hype is unreal tho. Meteora 20th is gonna be absolutely awesome tho I literally can't wait any longer....... It has me looking on this site everyday periodically just to cure my itch.

Edited by RayGun4200

3 hours ago, Hybrid1988 said:

Hope they release this gold. My teenage dream pls become truth

I'm wondering here... maybe if the last track is ''Lost (2002 mix)'' (track 15), could the single version (track 1) have an entire new mix or even recording?  (sorry abt crapy english)

11 minutes ago, rqthomazini said:

I'm wondering here... maybe if the last track is ''Lost (2002 mix)'' (track 15), could the single version (track 1) have an entire new mix or even recording?  (sorry abt crapy english)

My guess (I could be wrong) is that 15 could be the pre-NRG demo from 2002. Lost is confirmed to be “Thoughts That Take Away My Pride” so I’m guessing track 1 is the finalized version (that sounds like a Meteora album track) and track 15 might be the 2002 demo that has the Meteora demo sound to it (like Pretty Birdy, Soundtrack, Pepper, etc)

Edited by IWillWalkAway

10 minutes ago, IWillWalkAway said:

My guess (I could be wrong) is that 15 could be the pre-NRG demo from 2002. Lost is confirmed to be “Thoughts That Take Away My Pride” so I’m guessing track 1 is the finalized version (that sounds like a Meteora album track) and track 15 might be the 2002 demo that has the Meteora demo sound to it (like Pretty Birdy, Soundtrack, Pepper, etc)

It makes sense. Maybe I'm dreaming too much about the band get together to rearrange the song. But bsides mixed and mastered as the final songs for mt will be a gift too. Hoping Fighting Myself and More the Victim follow this too. 

14 hours ago, GreyFox-AFCA said:

And yet some people on here stil complain about Mike’s nft stuff, like the world is so open that you have the ability to ignore it, and look for other things 😁

Preferring X music genres should be fine by now, *** are and will never be fine. Huge difference. But keep going comparing both.

Anyway, still very excited for M20.

Edited by KlaytonShinoda

9 minutes ago, rqthomazini said:

Does anyone knows how many songs were finished in NRG sessions?

We have 12 from the album (not counting foreword lol) + lost… how many full songs from the NRG sessions maybe we’ll have? 🌞

15 songs were completely finished with vocals at NRG, in the final recording process. We haven’t heard 3. It seems like it’d have to be an odd coincidence for there to be 3 “finished titles” on Meteora 20, so it’s pretty likely that “Lost”, “Fighting Myself”, and “More The Victim” are the three remaining songs from the final recording sessions we haven’t heard yet, and we’re getting to for the first time this year.

17 minutes ago, IWillWalkAway said:

15 songs were completely finished with vocals at NRG, in the final recording process. We haven’t heard 3. It seems like it’d have to be an odd coincidence for there to be 3 “finished titles” on Meteora 20, so it’s pretty likely that “Lost”, “Fighting Myself”, and “More The Victim” are the three remaining songs from the final recording sessions we haven’t heard yet, and we’re getting to for the first time this year.

thanks for feeding my anxiety, now the way is breathe until the release 😮💨

2 hours ago, rqthomazini said:

Does anyone knows how many songs were finished in NRG sessions?

We have 12 from the album (not counting foreword lol) + lost… how many full songs from the NRG sessions maybe we’ll have? 🌞

Do you count Session? We have 11 songs with vocals on Meteora so my bet is that another 4 complete songs sits somewhere in the vault 

10 minutes ago, bloodbath said:

General question, why over all these years, so many HT stuff has been discovered but so much secrecy about this era? 

Because they became famous and the biggest selling group in 2001, then warner saw money in every unreleased song they had and kept them under lock for future releases. If you add that over time security has improved substantially and that it's much more difficult to leak anything, well there's your answer.

26 minutes ago, bloodbath said:

General question, why over all these years, so many HT stuff has been discovered but so much secrecy about this era? 

It's because Hybrid Theory / Xero was an unsigned band from 1996 to 1999 and during this period they sent out a lot of demo cassettes and CDs to label executives and other music industry personel in hope they'd get signed. Jeff Blue played their music to basically everyone he met. During the recording of Hybrid Theory, Warner also started promoting the band before the album was finished. Hybrid Theory was scheduled for a 2001 release, but was moved to 2000 because radio stations started playing the songs from the samplers they received and got a great feedback. Over the years a lot of this demo / promotional material for Hybrid Theory has been sold online by the people who received it back then. During the Meteora era they were an already established act, so they didn't have to send out demos everywhere. The label worked with the finished product.

There are 15 songs on the Meteora song board. Session was on the Meteora board, so it still counts as a track. There are at least 14 songs that are confirmed to have vocals recorded for them, I meant to say 15 that were completely done. 11 with vocals are on the album. Session doesn’t have vocals but it still counts as a track, it’s on the board. That still leaves us with at least 3 remaining finalized Meteora songs we’ve never heard. There’s also 12 other demos on there that we’ve never even heard before, so I’m super stoked.