New Steve Aoki Song 'Last One To Know' ft. Mike and Lights on April 3

RogueSoul

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I actually laughed out loud during the first  verse. This is the cheesiest one yet!

I don't hate it. Though I wish I could only listen to the bridge and NOT the rest of the song from this point forward

The lyrics are fucking great. Not sure what everyone’s problem is. Love the burn this motherfucker down part. Great verses lyrics from Mike, some of my favorite ever. Lights also does very good in this song. Totally a great feature. I really love this song a lot. Maybe even more than ALTNC and I like it more than DTB which I also love. 

58 minutes ago, km760460 said:

The lyrics are fucking great. Not sure what everyone’s problem is. Love the burn this motherfucker down part. Great verses lyrics from Mike, some of my favorite ever. Lights also does very good in this song. Totally a great feature. I really love this song a lot. Maybe even more than ALTNC and I like it more than DTB which I also love. 

Lol I’m of opposite mindset. Thought “burn this motherfucker down” was absolutely terrible. Hands down the worst lyrics to come out of Mike’s mouth. Still enjoy the song a lot, but the first verse, nahhhhhhhh

8 minutes ago, Broman said:

Lol I’m of opposite mindset. Thought “burn this motherfucker down” was absolutely terrible. Hands down the worst lyrics to come out of Mike’s mouth. Still enjoy the song a lot, but the first verse, nahhhhhhhh

That’s just because everyone here is so serious and tense and isn’t about the party lifestyle. Trust me it’s not a bad lyric. 

20 minutes ago, Justin said:

That line just feels insincere from Mike lol. I actually do like the song though. The beat it great and the lyrics as a whole are good.

This song is way better than other EDM songs that did well on radio like Clarity, Stay The Night, or In The Name of Love, so hopefully this one does well!

I don’t see how. He has had aggressive lyrics like that in many songs, look at There They Go as one of many examples ‘’Crack you over the head with a bottle of beer’’ etc. Besides it’s more or less a metaphor in this song; he isn’t literally saying he is going to burn down a building and even if he did, it’s just a song. I have replayed this song so many times, it’s amazing. Love everything about it. I’ll be listening to it for years to come. 

I think the whole braggadocio, "tough guy" rapping thing has always come across as kind of insincere from Mike because we all know what a giant teddy bear he is, lol. I'm sure it's coming from a sincere place on his end, having the clout and success to clap back at his naysayers, stuff like that. I just also would put Mike very close to the bottom of a list of people whose personalities would lead me to believe they'd actually "crack you over the head with a bottle of beer" or "burn this motherfucker down," lol.

24 minutes ago, Astat said:

I think the whole braggadocio, "tough guy" rapping thing has always come across as kind of insincere from Mike because we all know what a giant teddy bear he is, lol. I'm sure it's coming from a sincere place on his end, having the clout and success to clap back at his naysayers, stuff like that. I just also would put Mike very close to the bottom of a list of people whose personalities would lead me to believe they'd actually "crack you over the head with a bottle of beer" or "burn this motherfucker down," lol.

Well this is exactly what I was trying to say. It’s just lyrics. He’s not like that in real life. It reminds me of the song Criminal by Eminem. In the beginning of the song he talks about just because he says things in a song doesn’t mean he is going to do those things in real life. It’s just part of the hip hop world and Mike grew up with hip hop of all kinds so it’s kind of natural. Besides the lyrics really aren’t what most people are going to care the most about on a Steve Aoki album. 

I’m a huge hip hop fan, so I get your meaning. He said the same thing in Stan. “I say those things just clowning,” it’s still just weird to hear Mike saying those things because, like Astat said, we know his real personality, and he doesn’t bring out the braggadocios side very often.

I did say I really like the song, and I stand by that lol. One of my favorite Mike verses is on the STB remix where he says “Never been nothin’ short of a legend, you peasants will learn” LOL

Mike is actually gangster, I miss when he used to rap like that back in the day. Post Traumatic had some great songs like that. I.O.U. and Lift Off, RFMS. Damn. I loved Mike’s gangster persona on some of the FM stuff (mostly We Major and stuff). Mike is also from L.A. and grew up with kids from the streets like S.O.B. Etc. LP fans hate that kind of stuff but I think it’s cool. 

10 hours ago, Justin said:

I’m a huge hip hop fan, so I get your meaning. He said the same thing in Stan. “I say those things just clowning,” it’s still just weird to hear Mike saying those things because, like Astat said, we know his real personality, and he doesn’t bring out the braggadocios side very often.

I did say I really like the song, and I stand by that lol. One of my favorite Mike verses is on the STB remix where he says “Never been nothin’ short of a legend, you peasants will learn” LOL

I mean, we are all just fans and don’t know him in real life but I feel like he is kind of gangster in some ways and it’s awesome. He probably just doesn’t let it show in his personality. But he definitely grew up on rap and knew tons of rappers in his life, etc. and he admitted once years back he loves gangster rap and all that stuff and doesn’t care about the lyrics, he likes it all. It’s just music but some fans of LP just critique everything. Just have fun and listen to music. If you don’t like it you don’t have to listen to it. He has a rock side too. A big part of gangster rap shit is violent and talking about ‘’bitches’’ etc. It’s just what it is and half of those dudes aren’t abusive to women and stuff in real life and probably never killed anyone. It’s just part of rap. 

But yeah that STB remix was SICK. Love it. He sounded so gangster on those couple remixes from Recharged. And that peasants line is epic. 

2 minutes ago, Cesar656 said:

i really like it, if people expected lp vibes i understand the disappointment, but once again Mike shows he can do well in any style he is given. My favorite of the 3 with Aoki

Tbh i dont think anyone was expecting LP vibes from Aoki song? At least i didnt