New Steve Aoki Song 'Last One To Know' ft. Mike and Lights on April 3

RogueSoul

5 hours ago, hybrider said:

Another shit song. LP with Aoki sucked, Aoki with Mike will suck too. They should release "Thoughts That Take Away My Pride" and not those shits.

I want the cool badass Nü Metal studio version of Heavy released. That would be better than everything they've been doing since Jay-Z made them lose their passion by doing cringeworthy mash-ups.

Edited by KlaytonShinoda

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, KlaytonShinoda said:

I want the cool badass Nü Metal studio version of Heavy released. That would be better than everything they've been doing since Jay-Z made them lose their passion by doing cringeworthy mash-ups.

Was CC cringeworthy in your opinion? Or are you talking about live tour mashups later on? 

On 3/26/2020 at 7:17 AM, MrCinder said:

I think you and spraypaintinkpens and you are the consistent "shit on everything". Even Geki comes around on some stuff or had variety in his opinions.

It's a Steve Aoki song, you care a bit apparently

this makes me LOL

I really hate how defensive everybody gets here if somebody doesn't like a song/project/whatever that a member of the band is putting out. It really stifles any sort of open discussion. And news flash: saying "this song is awesome!" adds just as much to the conversation as "this song is shit!" does yet nobody ever complains about the former. I've liked the other two collaborations the band has done with Aoki so I'm optimistic that I'll like this one too but people are allowed to dislike a damn song.

3 hours ago, KlaytonShinoda said:

Everyone's allowed but you're 2 are acting like if Geki possessed a few people here and started acting extremely hostile and rude towards others that have a different take.

The people who are upset about a different take are the ones who get all worked up when someone thinks a release sucks. That’s the problem here, always has been. God forbid someone hates something, the fanboys come out in droves giving life lessons about all things LP. You’re not a better fan because you bow down and praise every song ever made. 

1 hour ago, castro78 said:

The people who are upset about a different take are the ones who get all worked up when someone thinks a release sucks. That’s the problem here, always has been. God forbid someone hates something, the fanboys come out in droves giving life lessons about all things LP. You’re not a better fan because you bow down and praise every song ever made. 

No, you're a better fan when you realize you don't care for the song and choose to move on and listen to something else rather than talk about how it's "shit" here. 

I don't even know why you're complaining. You want people that don't bow down and praise "every song ever made", then don't come straight to an LP forum, attack something LP related, and expect to come out like everything is fine. You may as well jump into a lion's cage with raw meat and wonder why it's trying to attack you

23 minutes ago, Broman said:

No, you're a better fan when you realize you don't care for the song and choose to move on and listen to something else rather than talk about how it's "shit" here. 

I don't even know why you're complaining. You want people that don't bow down and praise "every song ever made", then don't come straight to an LP forum, attack something LP related, and expect to come out like everything is fine. You may as well jump into a lion's cage with raw meat and wonder why it's trying to attack you

Who’s complaining? I heard the song here, through it sounded like crap, and said so. Is that complaining? I was going to LP shows before you even knew who they were. Go find someone else to blab your nonsense to. 

31 minutes ago, castro78 said:

Who’s complaining? I heard the song here, through it sounded like crap, and said so. Is that complaining? I was going to LP shows before you even knew who they were. Go find someone else to blab your nonsense to. 

Brilliant rebuttal, but you must have me confused with someone that gives two shits for whatever time frame you've known the band. Why not take that logic and go hangout at lpassociation instead, kiddo

1 hour ago, Broman said:

Oh come on that's ridiculous. So the only responses that should be allowed are positive ones? He said the song sounded bad, didn't say anyone who liked it was dumb or had bad taste or anything, and then everyone piled on. There wasn't a discussion or debate or anything like that. Just "lol guess Geki's back" and "wow you hate something what else is new". He doesn't like the song, and he's allowed to say as much

1 minute ago, SasstielExperience said:

Oh come on that's ridiculous. So the only responses that should be allowed are positive ones? He said the song sounded bad, didn't say anyone who liked it was dumb or had bad taste or anything, and then everyone piled on. There wasn't a discussion or debate or anything like that. Just "lol guess Geki's back" and "wow you hate something what else is new".

No one is saying that. The complaint doesn't come from the initial response, it's from that very logic you're stating. You don't care for the song? Great, just don't expect everyone to be singing and holding hands when you call a song straight garbage, trash, shit, etc in the very forum of those fans. If I wanted to stir shit, I'd talk about how various songs like TLTGYA, Runaway, Nobody's Listening, etc are absolute trash, but I know where I'm at and this, or any major fan location isn't gonna react to a negative response with open arms 

Then the issue isn't with Castro (that could be taken real bad out of context lol) or anyone else with a negative opinion about the band. If fans can't take any amount of criticism towards the thing they like without lashing out against them, that's a sad reflection on them. I'm not expecting an "Oh, you're right the song IS bad" response. Just a "If that's your take then that's your take" or, even better, a "What about it don't you like". Something that encourages actual discussion or at the very least isn't outright dismissive of someone's opinion.

The ironic thing about this entire debate is that, with as many times as Chester and Mike have shown the willingness to go a totally new direction with their music, both inside LP and out, there are bound to be people who don't love everything they do. That's ok.

Criticizing a song is fine as long as the attacks against the artist aren't personal. That's the difference between Castro and Geki, for example.

A controversy over a lq version of steve Aoki song featuring Mike 🤡 

i am still waiting for a hq version to judge it but tbh i am not a fan of that kind of music so i will probably listen to it once and forget about it, we will see. I literally dont listen to the other collabs with steve as well. Maybe i would more if they were on their actual albums i dont know. DTB is boring. ALTNC is ok but i never listen to the recharged so i the only time when i listen to this song is when i listen to concerts from 2014 lol 

2 hours ago, Broman said:

Brilliant rebuttal, but you must have me confused with someone that gives two shits for whatever time frame you've known the band. Why not take that logic and go hangout at lpassociation instead, kiddo

I don’t have you confused for anyone other than the clown you are. 

17 minutes ago, sordomuda said:

A controversy over a lq version of steve Aoki song featuring Mike 🤡 

i am still waiting for a hq version to judge it but tbh i am not a fan of that kind of music so i will probably listen to it once and forget about it, we will see. I literally dont listen to the other collabs with steve as well. Maybe i would more if they were on their actual albums i dont know. DTB is boring. ALTNC is ok but i never listen to the recharged so i the only time when i listen to this song is when i listen to concerts from 2014 lol 

DTB sucks. It's way too long and boring. Chester sounds cool on the last chorus, and Mike's "ahhh" part sounds good, but damn that song takes forever to go anywhere...

4 minutes ago, Justin said:

DTB sucks. It's way too long and boring. Chester sounds cool on the last chorus, and Mike's "ahhh" part sounds good, but damn that song takes forever to go anywhere...

Exactly. It has potential but sounds like a snoozefest literally.