New Steve Aoki Song 'Last One To Know' ft. Mike and Lights on April 3

RogueSoul

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 3/29/2020 at 11:11 PM, Hahninator said:

I didn't even know what it was when I saw it in May 2015, I texted Dylan that they were playing a brand new song lmao

I will never forget these texts

"HOLY FUCK A NEW SONG??"

"Wait nevermind I think this is what Darker Than Blood is"

1 hour ago, sordomuda said:

New Zealand always has it first when the premiere is not set with american timezone 

ohhh now i understand why NZ always get stuff earlier. 5 hours ahead of my timezone. interesting. thanks man for the explanation. 

so gotta wait for it before clock hits 12am.

Don't know which country it was but I remember someone posted screen of the Fine, the song was already available. That was long time before New Zealand. So NZ is not the first one.

Edited by martinez

I mean, it's a fact. I think it was on spotify.

I think iTunes waits until there will be midnight everywhere. For example:

Currie, Australia - 2 hours till the midnight
Perth, Australia - 6 hours to midnight

So for example the song could be not available yet on iTunes in Australia in 2 hours, but on spotify can be. Also: Aukland, new zealand - it's after midnight, the song is not out on iTunes, but it could be on spotify. This could work differently, depends on a platform.

Edited by martinez

8 minutes ago, martinez said:

I mean, it's a fact. I think it was on spotify.

I think iTunes waits until there will be midnight everywhere. For example:

Currie, Australia - 2 hours till the midnight
Perth, Australia - 6 hours to midnight

So for example the song could be not available yet on iTunes in Australia in 2 hours, but on spotify can be. Also: Aukland, new zealand - it's after midnight, the song is not out on iTunes, but it could be on spotify. This could work differently, depends on a platform.

You are right with it. But sometimes when it is like a big premiere not from some random artist they set premiere to american time so everybody will get the album/song in the same time. 

Ok I will be honest it is not the kind of pop/edm music i like to listen to on a daily basis. I don't like the beat. I like verses by Mike though. Song is enjoyable indeed but i am not seeing any rock music stans from here digging it lol. I listen to pop as well but this is not the type i am leaning to the most. I can see it being a single though. I am not a fan of Aoki in the first place so maybe this is why i am not the biggest fan of this new song. 

Wow, this is definitely the worst Linkin Park related track I've ever heard. Damn, what a bad song. The instrumental is really generic, Mike sounds awful and as much as I like Lights, her vocals sound so out of place. It's like she was randomly thrown in the track without any thought being put it into. Very awkward song.

I think the production on Lights's vocals don't really add much in this song like it does in say, Love Me by Felix Cartal. I personally dig it but can see why people only checking it out because Mike appears on it wouldn't really enjoy unless they liked the genre or Steve Aoki already. Think the vocals could've transitioned from Mike to Lights better (maybe she comes in on his last line or something for the verse). Both them together was pretty awesome for me though