2017.10.27 - Los Angeles, CA (Chester Bennington Celebration)

RogueSoul

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Audience video:

Almost sounds like a completely different performance lol. I almost think he had a guide vocal in his IEMs that accidentally got put in the webcast mix.

Great video. In the webcast it looked like he wasn't singing "....what is real" but it came to my speakers. IN this video you can clearly hear that there was no playback.

Still sounded great

That was truly cathartic and something I think a lot of us really needed. I feel a little better now. It was very clear that they chose to put the fanbase before themselves and they did this very hard thing in order for us all to heal. Insisting on celebrating and inspiring instead of just mourning and crying. Class act people.

My favourite part was probably the first couple of songs, because I was so excited and uplifted by basically seeing the future of LP unfold in front of my eyes. Mike CAN be the sole frontman, and I hope that's the direction they take. We don't need a new guy in there. That's my position. Mike's singing is getting better and better, and what he did yesterday was an enormous undertaking, being such a gracious host and frontman for the show + singing and playing so much new stuff. Even with grief weighing him down, he really picked up the mantel.

And all the surprises were amazing: The new song out of nowhere, all the cool new arrangements, all the band members taking up the task of singing together, etc. They clearly put A LOT of work into this for us and Chester. Thank you for helping us heal LP and RIP my hero Chester. He must be truly proud somewhere.

Edited by Fleur de Lys

My favourite part was probably the first couple of songs, because I was so excited and uplifted by basically seeing the future of LP unfold in front of my eyes. Mike CAN be the sole frontman, and I hope that's the direction they take.

Totally agree. Especially when the camera was in the position of the crowd and looked up to the stage and you saw the 5 playing. I was like "If they contiune as 5 then we have the future right in front of us - this is how it will look like when they play shows"

Of course there were notes he missed but seriously, this dude has been through so much shit that he goes there and plays for 3 hours is truly special.

The live stream was a little messy with the vocal mixing all night so I'm not really surprised something like that happened. At least it got cleared up.

Amazing show, truly amazing. What a wonderful experience it must have been for everyone in attendance.

Man, that show was amazing. Everybody did an amazing job, I was really surprised by the fact that Matt sang BID and that Oli sang Crawling. It sucks so much that the playback was streamed instead of live vocals during Oli's performance. Is it me or was Crawling performed in a different (lower) key? Furthermore Syn was so low in the mix during Faint, that I could barely hear what he played. I also wish Daron's vocals were higher im the mix of Rebelion. I missed Jared Leto too, I think he would be amazing, if he would be there. My favourite performances were SOTD with Ryan, Rebelion with Daron, Faint with Matt and Syn, and lastly BID, I really liked the soloing of Syn and how they mashed it up The Messenger.

Edited by TheDamian58C

The live stream was a little messy with the vocal mixing all night so I'm not really surprised something like that happened. At least it got cleared up.

Amazing show, truly amazing. What a wonderful experience it must have been for everyone in attendance.

It got cleared up but general music listeners are still salty and hate Oli even more. Of course, people are salty in beforehand and have prejudices about him and now that the Stream failed - people are even more salty about him.

It's sad cause they don't inform themselves about what happend and spread this throughout the social media and brings even more bad light above Oli.

Man, that show was amazing. Everybody did an amazing job, I was really surprised by the fact that Matt sang BID and that Oli sang Crawling. It sucks so much that the playback was streamed instead of live vocals during Oli's performance. Is it me or was Crawling performed in a different (lower) key? Furthermore Syn was so low in the mix during Faint, that I could barely hear what he played. I also wish Daron's vocals were higher im the mix of Rebelion. I missed Jared Leto too, I think he would be amazing, if he would be there. My favourite performances were SOTD with Ryan, Rebelion with Daron, Faint with Matt and Syn, and lastly BID, I really liked the soloing of Syn and how they mashed it up The Messenger.

Normally they play it on drop d half step tuning. I have a feeling they played it in Drop C

For the setlist. Zedd drummed too on robs drum set

He had his own kit on Crawling, unless you mean on BIO at the end where he and Rob were playing on the same kit at the same time (which was funny to watch).

Normally they play it on drop d half step tuning. I have a feeling they played it in Drop C

It was a whole step down in drop B. They changed keys on quite a few songs to accommodate guests.

Edited by Astat

My final thoughts are that this was a really amazing concert. I wish I could have been there. I loved all of the set except for a few guests - didn't enjoy Echosmith or Deryck Whibley. Echosmith sounded OK, I just didn't like the way the girl sang. But Deryck kind of sucked on The Catalyst, I wish someone else sang it instead. But I can't really complain since it was a tribute for Chester. So the whole thing was just amazing. I am glad that I got to watch it live online and it's something I'll never forget.

I have to pretty much agree with everyone and say that the show was amazing. I wish I could've been there, but even watching the webcast was a very special and emotional experience for me. Major props to the guys for being able to pull this off. I can't imagine what it must've been like for them to go out on stage without Chester. They honored him in the best way possible.

Man I cried like a baby during the first 6 songs they were very moving

everyone did a GREAT JOB! I loved every second of it

Alanis was totally unexpected, hopefully they'll release this show mixed properly the volume of the guest singers was very low...

I'll always love LINKIN PARK

Every fucking band member nailed every song... Mike, PHX, J, Brad, Rob you killed it guys... btw Joe has a very beautiful voice... he sounded great doing backup vocals for Mike.

My final thoughts are that this was a really amazing concert. I wish I could have been there. I loved all of the set except for a few guests - didn't enjoy Echosmith or Deryck Whibley. Echosmith sounded OK, I just didn't like the way the girl sang. But Deryck kind of sucked on The Catalyst, I wish someone else sang it instead. But I can't really complain since it was a tribute for Chester. So the whole thing was just amazing. I am glad that I got to watch it live online and it's something I'll never forget.

I consider Deryck as one of the best singers of the night, he nailed TC I dont understand why you didn't like it.. Frank Zummo was pretty fucking right ... D's vocals were a perfect fit for it.

Edited by JZE

I hope that some full audience recording will surface, so we can enjoy the "real deal" through the whole show. Vocals are always kind of fucked up at livestreams; either barely audible or way too much.

DVD/Blu ray release? Including more backstage footage and DJ Z-Trip's set. Unlikely, but never say never.

Edited by KlaytonShinoda

Beautiful show, I'm so glad they were able to come out and do this. Not only was it a necessary step in the grieving process for the fans, but for the band as well. An incredibly cathartic experience and a night I will never forget. I'm excited for what the future will bring.

Something epic I forgot about - when Mr. Hahn messed up the intro to Battle Symphony and Mike was like nah, fuck that shit, Chester wouldn't have this shit, we are restarting it until we get it right. Haha.

Man I cried like a baby during the first 6 songs they were very moving

everyone did a GREAT JOB! I loved every second of it

Alanis was totally unexpected, hopefully they'll release this show mixed properly the volume of the guest singers was very low...

I'll always love LINKIN PARK

Every fucking band member nailed every song... Mike, PHX, J, Brad, Rob you killed it guys... btw Joe has a very beautiful voice... he sounded great doing backup vocals for Mike.

I consider Deryck as one of the best singers of the night, he nailed TC I dont understand why you didn't like it.. Frank Zummo was pretty fucking right ... D's vocals were a perfect fit for it.

I don't know how you consider him one of the best of the night, he was worse than literally every other person, IMO. His voice did not sound good on the song to me. It's just my opinion. I like Sum 41, I even thought the band should have toured with them in the U.S., you can read that in my reply to the potential touring bands for OML cycle.

However, The Catalyst is a huge song and maybe I was clouded by the fact that no one will ever sound as good as Chester did on that song, but I just felt like it was unnecessary for him to sing it. I mean maybe that's the wrong word, because obviously he wanted to sing it, and it's a tribute to Chaz, but idk. It just sounded sub par to me. The Catalyst isn't a punk rock song. It is a huge, epic sounding song and I think his voice suits the kind of music his band makes more than something like The Catalyst.

Edited by Geki