2017.10.27 - Los Angeles, CA (Chester Bennington Celebration)

RogueSoul

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm just laughing at people saying that Sydney was "bad".

She was phenomenal and her voice was one of the best that night. I could listen to her performance anyday anytime.

My top 5 favorite performers in no particular order

Sidney, Deryck, Steven, Ryan Key & Oli.

& The worst (not really bad but..).

J. Davis - His voice is great but a song like OSC is not for him, dude can't scream.

No Doubt - They changed the genre of COG... it felt like a funk jam

Taka - He forced his voice a lot, kudos for trying

Choosing BID for M. Shadows: He nailed it but his amazing voice could have sounded better in another song

Blink 182 - Why did they play WID? that song just doesnt suits them, it made them look bad.

Edited by JZE

Does anyone know why Mike played the bass in SotD/WoWY?

Phoenix had to play Chester's guitar part and I think they are more complex than Phoenix's bass part so it was easier for Mike to sing and play bass than singing and playing Chester's guitar part. I hope you understand me. :D

Edited by blackout.

Phoenix had to play Chester's guitar part and I think they are more complex than Phoenix's bass part so it was easier for Mike to sing and play bass than singing and playing Chester's guitar part. I hope you understand me. :D

Actually, nobody played Chester's part haha. Phoenix played a structure that hasn't been played live before, and the same semi-applies for Brad during the beginning. I guess these guitar parts are slightly more complex than the bass notes, making it easier for Mike to do backing vocals.

Actually, nobody played Chester's part haha. Phoenix played a structure that hasn't been played live before, and the same semi-applies for Brad during the beginning. I guess these guitar parts are slightly more complex than the bass notes, making it easier for Mike to do backing vocals.

I heard some new guitar sounds but I thought that it was just additional section played by Phoenix and then he played Chester's part. But you're probably right. ;)

Wow Lee, good find. I didn't know that. Interesting indeed. I'm surprised they didn't do Castle of Dance instead of Castle regular. I guess it's because they wanted a guest on it.

Going forward, Mike can handle the whole Castle of Dance by himself no problem.

Save it for Fort Minor shows, and get Mike to do some more FM. Then he can play that other Castle remix he does at FM shows.

Exactly what I wanted to say. I don't want Fort Minor or DBS or anything like that at a Linkin Park show. I even use to hate when Mike would rap Fort Minor stuff over LP stuff. Linkin Park is different than Fort Minor, they are different things entirely.

I'm ok with a verse like RTN as the WFTE intro, or the POA intros, etc, because Chester did join for Enth E Nd in the FM sets which was badass. And he sang WYG. They are different, which is why I don't like RTN or Welcome full in the LP sets.

Yeah I agree with that statement. Didn't think Welcome really should have been in the LP set, I know why though, Mike was trying to promote it, I get that, but I'm glad it was dropped after 2015. It was like when Chester did the DBS shit during the LP set, it was gone after 2009. But yeah, doing a verse here and there like that is fine. I just don't want full songs. Kenji during COG would be too much, IMO, let COG have it's spotlight.

Speaking of COG, I always liked the studio version of the song a lot. I saw it performed as the studio version at SSMF 2013 and it was cool. Castle Of Dance is cool too, I liked in 2015 when they had the ATS speeches in it.

Yeah I definitely agree. My favorite Castle was when it had the ATS interludes when I saw it in 2015. Sucks we never got to see it with extra Mike verses on it in 2017... It's Goin' Down would have been great. I bet that's not the last we see of that song though. He will probably play it at Fort Minor shows (if FM continues) or keep rapping it in the LP set somehow.

Quite unfortunate most of us missed the return of It's Goin' Down (just a part in Castle) and High Voltage (done what, 3 times at Fort Minor shows?) - I hope they are back again sometime.

Yeah I definitely agree. My favorite Castle was when it had the ATS interludes when I saw it in 2015. Sucks we never got to see it with extra Mike verses on it in 2017... It's Goin' Down would have been great. I bet that's not the last we see of that song though. He will probably play it at Fort Minor shows (if FM continues) or keep rapping it in the LP set somehow.

Quite unfortunate most of us missed the return of It's Goin' Down (just a part in Castle) and High Voltage (done what, 3 times at Fort Minor shows?) - I hope they are back again sometime.

It s Going Down was awesome in Monza back in June when I saw ìthem ;) I was really lucky to hear that shit. It was my first LP show tho ;( very sad

My dream show would be a 25 song set by Linkin Park with Chester, with only Linkin Park songs, no Fort Minor shit at all in the show, not even verses. Nothing but straight up Linkin Park music.

I like the RTR set which is close to this. I realize there were a couple FM verses on POA, and obviously the two Jay Z songs, but besides that it was a really good LP set. I love that DVD. I still watch it regularly.

LPU was primarly for the early entry, presale ticket or summits, do you guys think LP will go on tour in 2018? They still look uncomfortable and kinda in sadness, so I highly doubt...Hollywood Bowl 2017 is the only show from their catalog I want never watch again. LPU will maybe change a lot but I believe Mike would not have let it quietly go away.