2017.10.27 - Los Angeles, CA (Chester Bennington Celebration)

RogueSoul

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It had a lot of cool songs, I broken down during Mike's performance of OML and Looking For An Answer. He also was amazing on the intro of the show, with Roads Untraveled, etc. I didn't really like the guests because I don't like other people singing Linkin Park songs except for Linkin Park members. I know the whole point was a tribute though.

Edited by Geki

Been watching it since the beginning. I have broken down crying hysterically during a lot of songs. Nobody Can Save Me, Sharp Edges, Heavy, One More Light and the new song so far. I haven't cried this hard since around the time that I found out Chester was dead. I was in shock for a few days after he died and then I broke down hard. I hadn't cried that hard since like 2008 when my Grandfather passed. This has been really emotional for me so far. I will update my final thoughts once the show is done. Wow...

EDIT 1: I actually have loved every single guests so far besides Echosmith. Not a fan of Echosmith but I thought I'd give her the benefit of the doubt. Didn't like her on WFTE at all. But it was cool she did it, for Chaz. However, all the other guests, they were all AMAZING. I didn't expect for myself to like them all but I genuinely did. A lot of them have brought me to tears.

Agreed, been crying a lot too! And the guests I'm pleasantly surprised by!

That was an amazing concert. I will always miss Chester, from the bottom of my heart. He was my idol, and a true rockstar. I miss the old days, this site was my life for the longest time. Miss you guys.

I for one, would love to see LP tour with M Shadows. He fits right in and was amazing. Oli Sykes absolutely nailed Crawling too, nd i've never really liked him.

Fantastic send off for Chester, so glad I was able to stream it, but a shame I couldn't have been there with you all.

Here's to Chester 🍻

What's up with Oliver Sykes lipsyncing "Crawling"?

I liked Jon Green's and Ilsey Juber's performances the most.

I didn't see any evidence of Oli lipsyncing nor can I logistically think of a way it would even be possible for him to do so.

Forgive me for actually being at the show.

He's singing live on top of a prerecorded doubled vocal track. His live vocals were almost inaudible on the webcast, but that wasn't the case in person. Listen when they almost start the last chorus early - you can hear him come in early too, then the recorded vocal comes in at the right spot.

Forgive me for actually being at the show.

He's singing live on top of a prerecorded doubled vocal track. His live vocals were almost inaudible on the webcast, but that wasn't the case in person. Listen when they almost start the last chorus early - you can hear him come in early too, then the recorded vocal comes in at the right spot.

It doesn't sound like him just using a minor backing track and it being too audible on the webcast to me, it seems like he sings along to the pre-recorded chorus to lipsync it.

I guess an audience video would solve it.

EDIT: https://scontent.cdninstagram.com/t50.2886-16/22859009_532997617052534_3718490003777519616_n.mp4

His actual vocals when he jumps to the crowd were much less audible in person as well.

Great show. Shoutout to all of you who I finally met in person. Not around these forums much anymore but always love my LP community. Hope everyone had a great night whether you were at the show or watching from home.

It was nice meeting you!

I would be surprised if this wasn’t LP’s final show.

It doesn't sound like him just using a minor backing track and it being too audible on the webcast to me, it seems like he sings along to the pre-recorded chorus to lipsync it.

I guess an audience video would solve it.

Audience video:

Almost sounds like a completely different performance lol. I almost think he had a guide vocal in his IEMs that accidentally got put in the webcast mix.