The Future Of Linkin Park (Discussion)

RogueSoul

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know that its their decision and I'll support them whatever road they will be taking. But my scenario would be that they continue as a five piece. It might just be the fact that we have had Chester for so long but the fact that Chester is replaced is, at this point inconcieveable for me. Mike is a good singer at this point and he would be an awesome frontman too.

I was thinking. The band dio are doing a tour and there having a hologram of dio singing for the tour. Couldn't lp have a hologram of chester for some of the songs live and the rest mike can handle and of course new stuff he records as main man. Just a thought for live shows or the just have fans sing Chesters bits

I was thinking. The band dio are doing a tour and there having a hologram of dio singing for the tour. Couldn't lp have a hologram of chester for some of the songs live and the rest mike can handle and of course new stuff he records as main man. Just a thought for live shows or the just have fans sing Chesters bits

Good idea.

Edited by martinez

PLS, NO METALCORE SINGERS/SCREAMERS.

They sing so anasalated, sounding like kids, and the scream is very "thin".

That's a very broad statement to make. Howard Jones, for one, is a direct opposite of what you just described, and he is a metalcore singer.

PLS, NO METALCORE SINGERS/SCREAMERS.

They sing so anasalated, sounding like kids, and the scream is very "thin".

I'm not the biggest metalcore fan but it's very naive to state that kind of thing about an entire genre.

I wrote in this topic that I would want Linkin Park to continue with Mike as a lead singer but I've watched "Live In Texas" today and I can't imagine that there will never be any heavy songs on the setlist again. Of course I like, for example, "Invisible" or "Sorry For Now" and I have nothing against Mike's voice, he is great but I think that there will be a lot people on the Linkin Park concert that will expect "One Step Closer" or "Crawling" to be played and obviously Mike can't sing these songs. Almost every big single that Linkin Park have is "Chester's song". I think that whole concert with only Mike on vocals could be a little bit boring, because almost every song that Mike sings (maybe except "Rebellion" and "No Roads Left") is mellow and a setlist full of such songs would be a little bit strange and boring. In my opinion, Linkin Park should be named "Linkin Park with XYZ" (as Stone Tempe Pilots did with Chester) and they should bring a new singer. It'll be hard for me to watch the concert without Chester and with a different singer but it'll be better option.

But of course, I'll understand every decision that the band will make and it'll be good to see Linkin Park with Mike as a lead singer because I'm sure it won't be bad and it'll be interesting to hear completely different setlist and watch how Mike can handle whole concert singing alone.

I wrote in this topic that I would want Linkin Park to continue with Mike as a lead singer but I've watched "Live In Texas" today and I can't imagine that there will never be any heavy songs on the setlist again. Of course I like, for example, "Invisible" or "Sorry For Now" and I have nothing against Mike's voice, he is great but I think that there will be a lot people on the Linkin Park concert that will expect "One Step Closer" or "Crawling" to be played and obviously Mike can't sing these songs. Almost every big single that Linkin Park have is "Chester's song". I think that whole concert with only Mike on vocals could be a little bit boring, because almost every song that Mike sings (maybe except "Rebellion" and "No Roads Left") is mellow and a setlist full of such songs would be a little bit strange and boring. In my opinion, Linkin Park should be named "Linkin Park with XYZ" (as Stone Tempe Pilots did with Chester) and they should bring a new singer. It'll be hard for me to watch the concert without Chester and with a different singer but it'll be better option.

But of course, I'll understand every decision that the band will make and it'll be good to see Linkin Park with Mike as a lead singer because I'm sure it won't be bad and it'll be interesting to hear completely different setlist and watch how Mike can handle whole concert singing alone.

Having Mike doing lead vocals is just a romantic wish, must of us are very hurt but if we are being honest Mike can't make it on his own w/ LP.

As I said before I hope they will release one more album under the name LP which would be dedicated to Chester, featuring his what's left of his vocals and then when that's done they would continue under a different name.

This is exactly what I would like to happen.

That guy has one of the most beautiful male singing voices that you will hear. Your statement is invalid.

I don't know what vinifeijo meant (what is "anasalated"?) but the guy in the video you posted sounds exactly like what I associate with metalcore singers. For me there's definitely something they all have in common which I don't like (can't explain it though since I have no idea how to express it)

Maybe they can have Chester as a hologram. Because Chester and the rest of LP have been 3D scanned a number of times. So Chester's likeness is forever saved as a digital copy. The hologram thing might be something they can do on some shows as a tribute to Chester.

Linkin Park as a band was never about just one member. It's all the members together that became Linkin Park. That's what makes them unique. And LP as a band always challenged themselves, including changing their sound. But Chester was such a huge part of the band. So it will be different, and that's LP to me in some way.

And I'm 100% sure that there are recordings of Chester and lyrics that he wrote. I think the next album will be a tribute album to him.

The next thing from One More Light would be to release the song One More Light as a single and do a tribute music video of Chester. Similair to what they did with Talking To Myself.

Whatever the band decides I will support that. All the songs with Chester will always exist, no one can take that away.