Random News

hahninator

If anyone has a MySpace account and hasn't visited it recently, this came to me from LP today:

We want to reward you for helping spread the word about Download to Donate. All you have to do is embed the widget below on your MySpace page, then send us a message to let us know you did it and we'll randomly select a few of you to receive a Linkin Park prize pack including a t-shirt, stickers, posters and some other LP swag! Just click "Embed" at the bottom of the widget, then "Copy embed code." Then paste the code into your MySpace profile. Be sure to send us a message after you do this!

Thank you for your support and helping us spread the word about Download to Donate!

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Melding good green ecological sensibilities with crowd-pleasing music for the masses, Maine-based non-profit group Reverb and eco-sensible luminaries in the music community such as Bonnie Raitt, Dave Matthews Band, Maroon 5, Guster, Sheryl Crow, Linkin Park and Barenaked Ladies have come together to form the Green Music Group. Described as a “large-scale, high-profile environmental coalition of musicians, industry leaders and music fans” focused on “using our collective power to bring about widespread environmental change within the music industry and around the globe,” this tour-de-force of movers and shakers intend to create a sustainable environment on stage as well as behind the scenes, reaching out via grassroots efforts every step of the way.

Full post http://www.ecorazzi.com/2010/02/01/green-m...et-eco-harmony/

• 3 weeks later...

From LP Blog:

"We have a new contest at LinkinPark.com! Upload your videos letting us

know how Linkin Park is a part of your life! We'll be picking videos to

feature and we'll be sending out LP prize packs to those who upload

videos we choose to feature! BE SURE TO TAG YOUR VIDEO: LPPartOfMyLife"

Here's a video of Mike promoting it: http://linkinpark.com/video/lp-part-of-my-life

Interested?

Edited by vyonizr

I wonder if this was inspired by the call Mike and Brad got on Loveline about that girl and her dad.

That'd be pretty neat if it was. I was surprised by their reaction to her story, by them saying that they actually don't get that a lot from fans that they meet. I would've thought they hear these stories all the time.

East West Players (EWP), the nation's premier Asian American theatre, celebrates its 44th Anniversary with its glamorous Visionary Awards Dinner & Silent Auction, and salutes those who have raised the visibility of the Asian Pacific American (APA) community through their artistic excellence and support of the Asian Pacific American performing arts. The acclaimed fundraising event will take place at the Hilton Universal City on Monday, April 19, 2010. Proceeds from the gala will benefit East West Players' educational and artistic programs.

Michael Kenji Shinoda, a Japanese American musician, record producer and artist from Agoura Hills, California - best known for his vocal and musical endeavors with two-time Grammy-winning, multi-platinum rock band Linkin Park. He has a hand in most artistic facets of Linkin Park's imagery, including album artwork, band merchandise, web design and on-stage production art. Shinoda is also involved in other projects including Fort Minor, non-profit organization Music For Relief, and Projekt Revolution. Shinoda was the youngest of his graduating class from Art Center College of Design in 1998 with a B.A. in Illustration, where he has created a fund in his name to benefit promising illustration and graphic design students with financial need. His museum shows Glorious Excess (Born) and Glorious Excess (Dies) opened at the Japanese American National Museum in Los Angeles in 2008 and 2009, and this year he'll curate a collaborative group show in New York City. For more information, please visit mikeshinoda.com.

Source : Broadway World

Edited by linkindude

TMZ Linkin Park Insurance Lawsuit

The story is about, when chester hurt his back 08 which resluted in canceling some concerts.

quote From TMZ: "The band filed a claim with Lloyds, London insurance company for lost profits from the concerts. The insurance company refused to pay, claiming Bennington's injury was preexisting at the time the insurance policy was issued. Bennington begs to differ."

Edited by majorfort

Typical insurance company BS. How the hell can they claim that 2 slipped discs in your back was a "pre-existing condition?" Last time I checked, Chester didn't have to walk with a cane or anything like that prior to him messing up his back. :lol:

• 3 weeks later...

The official Linkin Park 8-Bit Rebellion Press Release

Two-time Grammy-winning rock band LINKIN PARK has announced the upcoming release of "Linkin Park 8-Bit Rebellion!", a groundbreaking game app for the iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad.

Production on "Linkin Park 8-Bit Rebellion!" began more than a year ago, when LINKIN PARK partnered with game developer Artificial Life, Inc. to create a heightened app experience for music fans and gamers alike. The result is the first-ever massively multi-player app to be designed around a music artist. The band (who appear as characters in the game) was intimately involved in every aspect of the game: storylines, gameplay, character design and music.

"It was a unique experience to work with LINKIN PARK to create one of the most innovative mobile gaming experiences to date," says Artificial Life CEO, Eberhard Schoneburg. "Our close co-operation with the band has led to a cool and fun game play, a great design and a groundbreaking app that pushes the limits of the iPhone gaming experience and sets new standards for music-based games. Throughout production the band worked closely with our designers, intimately contributing to the creative process for character designs, in-game artwork, mission structure and, of course, the music in the game! 8-Bit Rebellion helps fans get closer to the band by drawing them into the virtual world that they have helped to create as well as providing their global fan base with an exciting community experience. It's a must for all LINKIN PARK fans."

"The collaborative process with Artificial Life was exceptional," says LINKIN PARK vocalist Mike Shinoda, who worked with the game company to design the characters and score the game. "They were able to turn my sketches and our creative ideas into a living, breathing world that we think gamers will thoroughly enjoy. This game is not just made for LINKIN PARK fans — anyone will be able to play and enjoy 8-Bit Rebellion'. My bandmates and I grew up playing games like 'Metroid', 'Donkey Kong', 'Zelda', 'Space Invaders', 'Mega Man' and 'Rygar'. We wanted this game to have the feel of a vintage game, and a big part of it was the music."

Unlike other apps offering simple rhythm games, "Linkin Park 8-Bit Rebellion!" plays like a full-on action-adventure game. Players must free LINKIN PARK's idyllic 8-bit world from the clutches of the evil PixxelKorp, whose corrupt agents have stolen the band's music. As members of the rebellion, players will take on missions that lead them through several unique districts in the game — each district is themed after a different band member. During their missions they will fight off the PixxelKorp forces, hunt down the lost tracks and save the band from pending disaster to become an 8-bit hero! Among its many highlights, the app features "Blackbirds", an exclusive LINKIN PARK song that's unlocked upon completion of the game. This is the first time an artist has released a brand-new song through a mobile game app.

Says Shinoda, "We really liked the song and thought this would be a unique way to give it to our fans."

The game also features original and 8-bit interpretations of some of LINKIN PARK's greatest hits, including "New Divide", "One Step Closer", "In The End", "Crawling", "QWERTY", "Hands Held High", "Faint", and "No More Sorrow". This marks the first time that LINKIN PARK's music has been reinterpreted using old-school video game sounds. The game, which also includes original artwork by the band, opens with "One Step Closer" sounding like it was coming out of a first-generation NES.

"Linkin Park 8-Bit Rebellion!" provides players with the ability to create and outfit avatars by choosing from hundreds of different combinations. The app's seamless integration of online features allows for a unique game experience, in which players can embark on their own journey while meeting and chatting with friends. The online community features IM chats, in-app messaging, message boards, ranking other players and sending gifts. The game also has an offline mode in which players can still complete missions and buy new items in stores. This allows users without a stable internet connection to play the game wherever they are. Once back online, they can sync their scores, items and game progress onto the server and continue with the game. Simply put, "Linkin Park 8-Bit Rebellion!" is the only app to ever integrate gaming, social networking and news updates all in one.

Edited by TakeAllThatWeCan

• 2 weeks later...

congrats to Andrea Pepper for winning ^_^

"We’ve been running an LPUnderground contest for a few weeks; we asked you to write a review of a Linkin Park concert. We’ve reviewed the pieces, and we have a winner! But before we get there, I wanted to note: reading the submissions was an incredible reminder of how devoted and enthusiastic you guys can be. Thank you."

Mike Shinoda's Blog Post

• 3 weeks later...

IGN.com got a hands-on preview of "8-Bit Rebellion".

"This week, I got my hands on the upcoming iPhone title inspired and co-created by the six-piece rock outfit Linkin Park. Entitled Linkin Park: 8-Bit Rebellion, this side-scrolling action/beat-'em-up hybrid looked, sounded and controlled surprisingly well. Unfortunately, you shouldn't be fooled by the title. Though the members of Linkin Park are apparently gamer-advocates of the old-school, 8-Bit Rebellion doesn't quite live up to its name. It looks more like a 16-bit, or even a 32-bit offering. Mega Man 10 this is not. But that didn't detract from what was a solid, albeit brief, demo experience.

If there's a single game that inspired 8-Bit Rebellion, it has to undoubtedly be the NES cult classic River City Ransom. From what I saw, this game has River City Ransom written all over it. That's not to say that the title doesn't bring any originality to the table, but it was clearly created in the same vein as that Technos-developed gem. And for those of us who lived through the NES era, or who have old-school sensibilities and are familiar with that title, you'll know that that's a great choice in which to draw inspiration from. If Linkin Park: 8-Bit Rebellion turns out even half as good as River City Ransom was, it could be a success.

The story of 8-Bit Rebellion is fairly loose, but then again, stories never really drove games like this in the first place. The members of Linkin Park have crafted a song that was stolen by an evil mega-company called Pixxxel Corp. Conveniently, the heads of that corporation split the song into six different segments, which were strewn around the unique environments that the player must traverse in order to recover the missing track in its entirety. All the while, bad guys attempt to stop your progress as you jump around from level to level.

The main character is controlled by tapping on the right or left side of the horizontally-held iPhone, while various weapons (sword, flamethrower, etc.) are engaged by tapping the center of the screen. There are leveling and monetary systems in the game, meaning that you can earn experience points to make your character stronger, and collect currency to purchase not only new gear for your character, but also other collectibles, including furniture that can be placed inside your own personal abode.

Because this game is about a band, Linkin Park fans will be pleased with the soundtrack. MIDI-like tracks of famous Linkin Park songs are available to listen to both in-game and independently, as well as MP3s of those same songs. So whatever mode of audio the gamer chooses to utilize will be available. For beating the game, players unlock an all-new, unreleased Linkin Park song entitled "Blackbirds." There are even clever in-game rewards for having Linkin Park tracks on your device already, mostly in the form of in-game achievements.

8-Bit Rebellion contains both Facebook and Twitter functionality. You can create an in-game friends list to connect with other players, to the extent that as your list grows, in-game AI characters will actually be replaced by actual friends. There's an in-game messaging system, too, so that you can contact people who are on your friends list. You'll even run into other gamers who are currently traversing whatever sector you're currently in. All of these features seem to be at the heart of the experience; the developers have gone out of their way to make sure interactivity is an integral part of their product.

Linkin Park: 8-Bit Rebellion doesn't have an official release date yet, but expect the game to be available for download in the coming months at or around $5."

There are even clever in-game rewards for having Linkin Park tracks on your device already, mostly in the form of in-game achievements.

Nice! That would be sweet if there was something for having Xero or HTEP songs but I doubt it haha.

• 2 weeks later...

From Mike Shinoda.com

http://mikeshinodalp.files.wordpress.com/2...w=300&h=350

I’m back with another featured character from our 8 BIT REBELLION game. “The Humongous Sadness” deserves its name, doesn’t it? I don’t even know if it’s a guy or a girl. All I know is that it is very big and very sad, and it says things like, “I think my cat is making fun of me behind my back.” I want to love The ‘Sadness and be its friend, but its general demeanor really brings me down, and I don’t need that kind of downer in my life, know what I mean?

Edited by Joseph

• 4 weeks later...

From LinkinPark.com:

"We're giving you the chance to have your "Linkin Park 8-Bit Rebellion!"

character added to the 8-Bit Heroes Gallery within the game. Sound

awesome? That's because it is. Click HERE for more info."

Interested?

PS: This contest is for US Only. See the official rules HERE.

Edited by vyonizr