2015.05.17 - Columbus, OH - Rock On The Range

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm back from Skate and Surf fuckers, let's do some live coverage. Mark's going to try and text me the set, we'll see if it works though. AXS TV special at 10:30 (an hour and 30 minutes from now)

~20 minutes until the show!

seems they aren't changing that much the setlist but if they play GATS and APFMH i'm good with what they're playing... I mean, that plus ALTS, Rebellion, FTI and full Papercut that already have been played.

I'm wondering how well are they playing with the guitar tech instead of brad

EDIT: from what Mark posted on facebook seems the show the guitar tech is pretty off

Edited by linkin_boss

seems they aren't changing that much the setlist but if they play GATS and APFMH i'm good with what they're playing... I mean, that plus ALTS, Rebellion, FTI and full Papercut that already have been played.

You mean they're not changing it much from the shortened form of this setlist they played last week?

You mean they're not changing it much from the shortened form of this setlist they played last week?

I mean in general, aside from full papercut, from the inside and a line in the sand, the changes during THP tour haven't been many. not to say they're playing just one setlist per tour leg, instead of the 3 rotating setlist. Anyway, I'm quite pleased with rebellion and from the inside coming back :P

Rebellion, From The Inside, Breaking The Habit and DTB - it seems good to me, but they really should play more songs from THP. Where is Final Masquerade, where is UIG? Where is the rest of THP?

Edited by xTirea

Papercut -> COG Experience is pretty solid. I just wish they would finally ditch Runaway and play War there. Starting with the Ballad Medley, though, everything practically grinds to a halt, as they run through a bunch of mid-tempo songs that lack a certain punch that needs to be there for a live show. BTH and DTB are kind of cool, I guess, but dropping FM for them was kind of a stupid move. Moving WFTE to the "encore" is also kind of weird, as it just draws even less energy out of that mid-show area. Ballad Medley, Robot Boy, Joe's Medley, New Divide, Breaking The Habit, Darker Than Blood, and BURN IT DOWN all back-to-back is just so boring. Mike's Medley to the end is alright, though.

They could fix this set with pretty much no problem. This looks about 10x better to me.

01. Papercut (2015 Intro)

02. Rebellion

03. Given Up (Ext. Outro)

04. One Step Closer (Ext. Outro)

05. A Line In The Sand (Keyboard Intro)

06. From The Inside

07. War

08. Wastelands

09. CASTLE OF GLASS (Experience Version; Bridge w/ 'Wisdom, Justice, and Love' Speech Samples; Oppenheimer Outro w/ 'The Catalyst' Vox)

10. Breaking The Habit

11. Robot Boy (Shortened Instrumental)

12. Waiting For The End (Apaches Intro w/ 'UNTIL IT BREAKS v3'; Wall Of Noise Outro)

13. Final Masquerade

14. New Divide

15. LOST IN THE ECHO

16. Darker Than Blood (Shortened (1st Verse Acapella + Synth))

17. BURN IT DOWN (Ext. Synth Outro)

18. Mike Solo Medley (w/ 'Wretches and Kings', 'Remember The Name', 'Again, ANYTHING but RTN'; Ext. Transition Outro)

19. Numb (Numb/Encore Intro/Outro)

20. In The End

21. Faint (Ext. Outro)

22. Guilty All The Same

23. A Place For My Head (Guitar Solo Intro)

24. What I've Done (Ext. Guitar Solo Bridge)

25. Bleed It Out (Ext. Intro; Ext. Bridge w/ Sing-a-long; Ext. Ending)

There. It's not even a lot of changes. Just dropping Runaway for War, Ballad Medley for Final Masquerade, Joe's Medley for LOST IN THE ECHO, and adding GATS and APMFH to the "encore". Oh, and swapping some song positions around a little, just to get rid of that mid-show lull the current set suffers from. COG w/ Catalyst Vox thing was just me dreaming. Though it would be a nice throwback to ATS...

Edited by CASTIELOFSASSEXPERIENCE

Popular/Unpopular opinion? I'm really annoyed they played Darker Than Blood, a song from someone else's album rather than one of their own songs. Hoping they drop that for San Antonio. Otherwise with ALITS, Rebellion, and Papercut intro I'm ok. Obviously could be improved a lot, but they're always worth seeing.

Should we add Steve Aoki cover to DTB or something along those lines?

I wouldn't call it a "cover", since the original song has their vocals in it. What if in the show notes you said something like "Darker Than Blood, altered for performance at this show, originally appears on Steve Aoki's album "Neon Future II""? That way it's clear that the performance is not how the song sounds originally, and that it's not from an LP album.