2015.05.17 - Columbus, OH - Rock On The Range

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chester did the "heey"- thing again on ALITS. It's just not working when they're filming the other guys for the big screen so they can't see when chester is swinging his hands. Only people in front see it.

Edited by Shaco

Judging from the first 5 songs....am i the only one who consider these very good performances?

ALITS it is a beast live...seems even better than the Rock In Rio performance. Mike singing was perfect and Chester was really into the song. WOW

EDIT: is ALITS still played at 190 BPM? It seems to be at 200 BPM or am wrong?

Edited by HyruleKing

I've watched Papercut through A Line In The Sand so far and it sounds great to me. ALITS was nailed perfectly this time. That other guitarist is doing better than Brad. I don't see what Mark was talking about. Of course he was actually there though. So idk.

I've watched Papercut through A Line In The Sand so far and it sounds great to me. ALITS was nailed perfectly this time. That other guitarist is doing better than Brad. I don't see what Mark was talking about. Of course he was actually there though. So idk.

It's entirely possible that the guitar was upped in the TV mix. At the show, it was probably turned down, like Mark said. I'm not sure why they would turn him down though, as he did great.

I'm having a tough time embedding quotes, mainly because of the fact that I'm using a tablet. I have become the grandpa of LPL...

But I feel I'm in the minority for enjoying COG Experience, Joe Solo, and Mike's Solo. But maybe that's because my only experience for THP in the live spectrum was Carnivores. Even with the 2 Honda Civic shows I caught within a week of each other were vastly different. I'm surprised another LT song hasn't been hybridized with its Recharged counterpart. I look at COG Experience as the P5hing Me Aw*y of 2014/2015.

I actually asked Mike if he considered expanding on the solo at the M&G last summer beyond RTN and HHH (I even mentioned Step Up and Nobody's Listening) and he said it's really dependent on what he feels and what fits (just like POA 2007-2009).

So while I feel those spots in the sets are special and serve their purpose in making THP's tour unique, a little variance of those components never hurts. Rob did a different drum solo with BIO for PR08 after introducing it at PR07, who knows how/if LP will switch those aforementioned things up?

I'm having a tough time embedding quotes, mainly because of the fact that I'm using a tablet. I have become the grandpa of LPL...

But I feel I'm in the minority for enjoying COG Experience, Joe Solo, and Mike's Solo. But maybe that's because my only experience for THP in the live spectrum was Carnivores. Even with the 2 Honda Civic shows I caught within a week of each other were vastly different. I'm surprised another LT song hasn't been hybridized with its Recharged counterpart. I look at COG Experience as the P5hing Me Aw*y of 2014/2015.

I actually asked Mike if he considered expanding on the solo at the M&G last summer beyond RTN and HHH (I even mentioned Step Up and Nobody's Listening) and he said it's really dependent on what he feels and what fits (just like POA 2007-2009).

So while I feel those spots in the sets are special and serve their purpose in making THP's tour unique, a little variance of those components never hurts. Rob did a different drum solo with BIO for PR08 after introducing it at PR07, who knows how/if LP will switch those aforementioned things up?

The reason people are bitter about COGE, Ballad Medley, Joe Solo, and Mike's Solo is because this was supposed to be the rock album cycle. Mike was constantly talking about rock dying and how rock bands need to step up their game and be more visceral. After all that, they go and play a very dancey, pop friendly set. It opens up with a bang then just falls off halfway through. On top of that, they shortened all of their old hits and even new stuff that just came out. It's a weird flow. I still like their live show in general but it could be so much better.

Drawbar/Final Masquerade instead of Ballad Medley, Fallout/The Catalyst instead of RB/Joe Solo and a full LITE instead of Mike's solo for the rock shows at least would be an upgrade.

Edited by Caseygray1

The reason people are bitter about COGE, Ballad Medley, Joe Solo, and Mike's Solo is because this was supposed to be the rock album cycle. Mike was constantly talking about rock dying and how rock bands need to step up their game and be more visceral. After all that, they go and play a very dancey, pop friendly set. It opens up with a bang then just falls off halfway through. On top of that, they shortened all of their old hits and even new stuff that just came out. It's a weird flow. I still like their live show in general but it could be so much better.

Drawbar/Final Masquerade instead of Ballad Medley, Fallout/The Catalyst instead of RB/Joe Solo and a full LITE instead of Mike's solo for the rock shows at least would be an upgrade.

100% Agree. I always thinked that the setlist they have made in this era, would be perfect for the Living Things touring circle. And the setlists made for Living Things Tour fits much better in The Hunting Party touring circle.

Benjamin doesn't play everything perfectly, he played the verse part of Breaking the Habit on the G string instead of the D string so it sounded unusually twangy, and he plays parts of Rebellion completely wrong (this was the case in Brazil too - Brad still plays parts of Rebellion totally different from Daron though so Benjamin doesn't have the best example to follow). He also didn't play the guitar part at the end of COG Experience (not that it's terribly important to the song anyway). He nailed ALITS though, and he seemed to know FTI. Pretty impressed. Mixing on the TV broadcast was still pretty awful, although the guitar was certainly audible at a normal level most of the time (the solo at the end of ALITS was really low in the mix for some reason, that could just be a volume discrepancy in the wah effect Benjamin uses though). I'm amazed at how well he seems to have learned the material though, I can only think of MAYBE one person not named Brad who could do it better...;)

Just wanted to chime in and say that from what i've seen of the webcast, Ben did great. I prefer the way he played ALITS compared to Brad. Even though the volume was lower, the solo seemed much tighter. Bu that's just my musically uneducated opinion. First part of the set is killer too. A few changes down the line would really make it that much better.

They turned him down so much in the show. Couldn't hear the shit. That's why. I promise you it was a bad mix and bad guitar sound. I've seen LP 32 times, this was by far the worst. And January was some of the best.