2014.08.06 - West Palm Beach, FL - Production Rehearsal

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why would you keep the Ballad Medley, which EVERYONE complains about,

Technically it's not 'everyone'. I like it :P

I don't get the hate for this set. Personally I love it. I love the whole shortened, mashed-up, medley like style of it. I thought people loved it when they started to perform it earlier this year? People called the RAR14 show one of their best shows ever and suddenly with a slightly different setlist the whole show sucks? What the hell? Why should they reinvent their set when 99.999% of the audience hasn't heard the set in person yet?

The only two things I don't like about the new set is the shortened version of Until It's Gone and the removal of ALTNC. Why would you shorten one of your most recent singles? Also ALTNC worked really really well in it's position after UIG in my opinion.

I'm waiting to see videos, but so far I like the previous setlist, even if it went unchanged for that whole tour, for the most part. I was hoping for them to add more THP songs (and carnivorous songs) to that setlist and drop things like Runaway, Crawling, Ballad Medley, and other things that are holding them back, nut instead we got this.

I didn't even like some of the songs in Act III of the last setlisr, but it flowed together so well that I couldn't hate it. From the extended intro for UIG into songs this site hates like Crawling and New Divide, it was still very well placed. Who knows, maybe there were some difficulties for this show and they decided that it would be better to drop those songs,

Pretty disappointed. I was there, and the entire first part of the set really really jams huge. Once CoG rolls in the set starts to get stale. Mike's solo is really really great but other than that the set falls apart. No clue what they were doing in the encore. Hope this gets fixed along the tour.

after reading the setlist and all the comments here I must say that I'm happy with a setlist like this;
with all the shortened mashup andd medley things it's very creative. I want LP to do it for a very long time now that have a large catalog;

the only things that I don't like is:

- the new intro which is kinda strange for me, but I problably get used to once I've see a video of it.

- Runaway and Craweling which are useless

- the even more short Lost In The Echo and New Divide, I prefer them to play the first onesw in its entirely with the 2012 intro

insted of the new one (which is redundant with as sample of osngs already in the set) and drop the latter

- the short Until It's Gone also without intro; it's nonsense to have a new song shortened

I'm already miss A Light That Never Comes and also I think Meteora wasn't too much present ino the set;
not talking about Don't Stay, Frùom The Inside, Breaking The Habit or Somewhere i Belong, even if I like if they can rotate that songs a bit;

But I think with a short Papercut that maybe they'll play a short Lying From You; I'm not even talking about No More Sorrow which I think gonna be dropped for long time since isnt't a single.

In general I like that stye oft he setlist but theyy made weird decision with the songs to play or not and also some songs are too much short

(Sorry about my bad english)

Did the With You verses include the famous "C' Mon" at the start?

I dont like the "soft/pop" songs part of the setlist between the awful version of Castle of Glass and Final Masquerade. Moreover Waiting for the End is so boring live IMO.

Shortened versions of some HT songs are ok but shortening Until It's Gone has no sense.

I would like they play some mainstream old songs like Somewhere I Belong, A Place For My Head and specially Breaking The Habit, at least shortened versions of them.

Edited by Nore

(Sorry about my bad english)

Did the With You verses include the famous "C' Mon" at the start?

I dont like the "soft/pop" songs part of the setlist between the awful version of Castle of Glass and Final Masquerade. Moreover Waiting for the End is so boring live IMO.

Shortened versions of some HT songs are ok but shortening Until It's Gone has no sense.

I would like they play some mainstream old songs like Somewhere I Belong, A Place For My Head and specially Breaking The Habit.

they did'nt play With You;

Mike only rapped verse 1

Papercut/Lying From You short is cool! I liked that alot. Also Victimized/QWERTY! I think that jump started this mashup/shortened songs thing.

Playing songs for the casual fans is cool and all, but don't neglect the die hard fans, that suck around since day one. That stuck by the band since the early days up untill this point in their career!

I know LOTS of people stopped caring about Linkin Park after they did A Thousand Suns.

The only single of Living Things that's haven gotten airplay here on dutch radio is Burn It Down.

Mike is definitely on point with casual fans wanna hear and see songs like "In The Numb/ In The End.

To me, they can drop those songs, and replace with something else.

Sad thing is, they tried so hard to steer away from the whole Hybrid Theory/Meteora thing, but continuing playing those songs, casual fans, still are going to expect those songs on new albums.

I've noticed that the casual dutch fans, don't like GATS or Until it's gone, but rocked with FM.

I'd say also drop the short instrumental version of Blackout & Robot Boy and replace them with songs they haven't played in awhile or haven't played.

I'm curious to see what they're gonna do in Amsterdam later this year.

It's not the setlist itself that's terrible, it's what they've chosen to do with it. Why would you keep the Ballad Medley, which EVERYONE complains about, but shorten the most popular song off the album you just released less than 2 months ago? Why would you not only keep, but EXTEND the awful sped-up version of Crawling, but drop A Light That Never Comes, which was a very successful recent single that hasn't been played live much? Why would you drop With You, a universally-loved song by band and fans alike, but keep Runaway, which is Chester's most-hated song in the entire Linkin Park catalog and generally not what people would rather hear if given the choice between the two?

These guys are getting more and more clueless about what people want to hear at their live shows as the years go on. Play a bunch of hits. Play them in full. You have enough of them at this point in your career that you're going to have to pick and choose which ones to play anyway, so play a set of 80% hits and 20% "goodies." Rotate both hits and "goodies" from time to time, instead of letting songs from your most popular album go untouched for over 10 years. Pay attention to what people think when it comes to your live show, because while it's perfectly acceptable to make the album you want to make, the entire essence of the live show is the FANS. Judge what should stay and what should go by what people are saying about each show. Drop the diva attitude and ego you cleverly hide when you're in the public eye, stop thinking your fans are all idiots and that you know everything, and QUIT PLAYING STUPID SHIT.

Can you send it directly to Mike?

I miss the 2012-2013 setlists. They were more "Carnivores" than this. Papercut shortened, Until it s gone shortened, when there are useless stuff like Crawling, New Divide shortened, the Ballad Medley. I will never understand the logic of this band.

I liked the 2013 and 2012 set very much, I mean APFMH!!! and other attractive live songs were played live, it was a very high energy set.

Note to LP: Just because a song was a ''single'' off of a main album, doesn't mean you have to somehow include it in the main set. You should just include the biggest and most successful singles and then make a little bit of room (not even a lot) for some fan favorites or rare songs. Playing 22-23 songs a night is more than enough room to make this happen. I feel that a lot of these shortened and medley songs are in the set because they feel like they should try and play the songs to please people but a lot of them didn't chart very well at all and are very unknown in the commercial and casual fan world.

This whole album cycle is just a complete mess, IMO. From Mike bashing other bands and artists, to using the word ''visceral'' in every sentence of every interview, to the extremely shitty promotion of the album, to the extremely shitty choice of singles, all even down to the tour with the messy set and messy performance. Bring on late 2015/2016, can't wait for a new album and new cycle, hopefully they get this nu-metal revival attitude out of the music.

I just realized that they are playing all The Hunting Party Youtube songs uploaded to their channel, they love to please casual fans...

We are not asking for a 25 tracks set full of the HTEP and LPU tracks, we just want to have 2 or 3 spots for the real hardcore fans and the rest can be all the single shit that we also love.

Edited by LIИKIИ JŽЁ

Pretty good Rebellion performance! except for the first verse where Mike didn't do a very good job. Chester should be louder in the mix compared to Mike.

Chester sounds really great when he is singing in the verses in this performance, it's almost like he kind of changed the melody to the song a little bit, I love it.